Author Topic: High Definition Pond  (Read 1258 times)

Offline Mucky_Waters

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Members
  • With us since: 11/08/2006
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
High Definition Pond
« on: April 26, 2007, 07:14:16 AM »
The pond is starting to slowly warm up and get active and I have been fooling around with my new HD video camera and threw together a little pond video.
By little I mean short, not the file size. As is the nature of high definition videos they are larger that your standard "Youtube" quality web videos.
Anyway, if you are curious and have a high bandwidth conection maybe you like to give it a view.

http://www.southokanagan.biz/HDvideos/springpond2007.wmv

Offline Timgod

• Trade Count: (21)
  • Members
  • Houston, Texas Zone 9
  • With us since: 13/09/2006
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
    • Timgods Graphics
Re: High Definition Pond
« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2007, 07:28:34 AM »
Definitely not for the dial up folks. At 140 Mb it is still a 4 minute download on my cable modem.

Very nice quality on the close up shots with quite a bit of definition. I think Windows Media Encoder was your enemy though. It was really jerky whenever the camera panned.

What type of HD camcorder are you using? How long have you had it? How much was it? Give some info please.

I am a lily guy all the way... Turtles are "Bad". LOL

Tim
On a quest for the elusive lilies...

Offline CT

• Trade Count: (19)
  • Members
  • With us since: 09/08/2006
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2007, 07:35:38 AM »
Beautiful pond Mucky. Thanks for sharing it.

Offline marla

• Trade Count: (13)
  • Members
  • With us since: 14/02/2007
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 26, 2007, 07:44:45 AM »
Took a while  for it tot buffer, but here is another reason I'm loving my DSL.  That is stunning, your water is so clear, the falls is great.  Crisp photo work, feeling a bit sorry for the turtle, but as he crawled onto the rocks was not liking the spider in the background, wish he'd of ate it.  Great job!!!!!!!!!!
Adopt the pace of nature;
Her secret is patience.
Town of Genesee, WI  zone 4

Offline PondmaninAL

• Trade Count: (10)
  • Members
  • Pond God
  • With us since: 10/08/2006
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 26, 2007, 05:12:52 PM »
Mucky! You're back with the videos. LTNS buddy.

Happy ponding,
Scott
o(
Happy ponding,
Scott o(

ALABAMA!! 2010 BCS National Champion!!

[img width= height= alt=Click for Odenville, Alabama Forecast" border="0" height="100" width="150]http://weathersticker.wunderground.com/weathersticker/miniStates/language/www/US/AL/Odenville.gif[/img]

If you think that your question is dumb, imagine how totally stupid you will look if you don't ask it.

Offline happyoutsidegirl

• Trade Count: (3)
  • Members
  • Be An Organ Doner
  • With us since: 23/01/2007
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 26, 2007, 05:18:33 PM »
 :'( :'( >:(- :'( I have s l o w dialup! :'( Could you post some stills? Please!
I'm just happier outside!
 Debbie
SunnyEastern Wa.
zone 5-6

Offline tinkster

• Trade Count: (46)
  • Members
  • With us since: 09/08/2006
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 26, 2007, 06:20:39 PM »
I love it!  Your pond and fish are beautiful.  I especially love watching the turtle though. I really want one bad but am not set up for it :(

Thanks for a great clip!

tinkster

Offline Ky Kim

• Trade Count: (16)
  • Members
  • location: Louisville, Ky.....6 A/B ish, depends on which way the wind blows I think.
  • Kimberly
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 27, 2007, 04:18:49 AM »
I enjoyed it.  I really like the goldfish with the white spot on top that goes down on its side.  Your water is so clear and watching the turtle was fun.  Thanks for sharing.

Kim

Ponds are like patato chips, ya just can't have one.

Offline perplexed ponder

• Trade Count: (8)
  • Members
  • With us since: 27/03/2007
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 27, 2007, 05:42:16 AM »
Beautifully done! Watched it many times! ;D
Kathy

Offline Mucky_Waters

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Members
  • With us since: 11/08/2006
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 27, 2007, 07:43:17 AM »
Thanks everyone for watching and the nice comments.
It was so nice to see my turtle active again and basking after the long winter I just had to shoot some video of it.

Tim, 4 minutes to download isn't bad at all, I wish my ISP was that fast.  But like you said "definitely not for dial up folks. LOL  But then practically any internet video is pretty much out for those poor folks on dial up. .... *** Sigh *** They don't know what they are missing.    Sorry happoutsidegirl :( I'll try and post some pictures tomorrow.

The camera I am using is a Sony HDR-HC1, it cost me a whopping $2,000 CAD, I've had it since last Oct. and have thoroughly enjoyed the video I have captured with it. I got interested in getting a HD video camera after downloading a few HD videos of the internet last summer, and looking into what consumer HD cameras were available and reading the reviews. This camera seemed to have the best reviews, in fact there were even some rumors that it was too good for the price, that's why Sony discontinued it because it was too close in price to their cheaper, lower end camera and yet the quality and features were very similar to their upper end HD camera, but $1,000 cheaper.
As far as the jerky play back, there are a few things that could prevent smooth play back of the HD WMV, but the most common being  an older version of Windows Media Player, and or an older slower PC.  My laptop plays the videos fine until I unplug the power cord. When I unplug the power it starts playing back the video so jerky it looks like it is a slide show, but as soon as I plug it in again it plays smoothly again. I still haven't quite figured that one out yet.
Anyway, when it's all working the way it should I love the clarity and detail of HD video, it's makes what you are watching seem more real.
 Marla the frogs usually get a lot of the spiders around the pond the turtle likes to be fed by hand.
It's seems strange him being under the ice for months and then when it warms up he still remembers where the food comes from and swims right over to get some right out of my hand.

Hi Scott, how you doing? I'm still around and still frequent the pond forums, always curious to see what people are doing with their ponds, I just never get much time to post.

About turtles in the pond, I read all kinds of bad experiences that other have had with them, like eating all the plants and biting and eating fish, but I've never had those sorts of problems. Perhaps it's because most people put red eared sliders in their ponds and I have western painted turtles, I don't know. But the worst problem I have ever had was them wandering away, which I think is partly due to the fact that the one remaining turtle ( as seen in the video) is very territorial, and tries to drive the other turtles away until they finally do find a way to escape. So, now I just keep the one turtle who seems perfectly content to be by himself.

Offline PondmaninAL

• Trade Count: (10)
  • Members
  • Pond God
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 27, 2007, 05:36:19 PM »
Doin' fine Mucky. I've gotten back on GW under a new user name and IP. That place is almost dead.

Happy ponding,
Scott
o(
Happy ponding,
Scott o(

ALABAMA!! 2010 BCS National Champion!!

[img width= height= alt=Click for Odenville, Alabama Forecast" border="0" height="100" width="150]http://weathersticker.wunderground.com/weathersticker/miniStates/language/www/US/AL/Odenville.gif[/img]

If you think that your question is dumb, imagine how totally stupid you will look if you don't ask it.

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 
All photo's & content within copyright © 2006-2017 WorldWide WaterGardeners and it's membership "All Rights Reserved"