Author Topic: I'm taking a road trip  (Read 2015 times)

Offline EagleEye

• Trade Count: (5)
  • Members
  • zone 5, Sauk City, WI
  • With us since: 09/08/2006
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
I'm taking a road trip
« on: August 26, 2006, 04:51:31 PM »
Well, I bought another bike and it happens to be in Rochester NY, so Ive gotta go and get it. I have no hard firm plans yet, but I'd like to go next Fri and get back home on Sun. But that can change. I just thought that I'd see if any of you live close to the interstate highway on route. It's probably going to be about 12 hours each way, and I'm probably going alone. I'll be taking my Explorer and trailer. It would be nice to meet you, but it would have to be a short visit.
Don't even ask why I'm doing this. ;D When I ask myself, I just grin and say: life is short, enjoy it! O0
Steve
My Biggest Worry Is That the other half (when I'm dead)  Will Sell My Fishing Stuff For What I Said I Paid For It

Offline Joyce

• Trade Count: (24)
  • Members
  • location: Southold, North Fork, Long Island, New York, Zone 7B
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
    • My Photo Albums
Re: I'm taking a road trip
« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2006, 05:02:54 PM »
I am way out of your way, but you are welcome to show up here! (8:-) 8) :)
Peace to all  ... Joyce

Breast Cancer Survivor

“Study nature, love nature, stay close to nature.
It will never fail you.”
Frank Lloyd Wright

Offline EagleEye

• Members
  • zone 5, Sauk City, WI
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 26, 2006, 05:20:56 PM »
Thanks Joyce o(:-)
There is nothing that I would enjoy more, than to show up at your place, but not this time. Only minutes ago I called Greyhound bus and found that if I gave more than 7 days notice I could get there for $58. WOW.
And I get to ride the bike home! How great is that?  O0 O0 Man, I am so excited!
I'm leaving Madison at 7:05 pm on 9/7/06 and not getting into Rochester till 2:55 pm. Long drive, but what the hell, I'm not driving. ;D
The guy that I'm buying the bike from offered to let me spend Fri. night at his house and leave early Sat morining.
that's my new plan.
Steve
My Biggest Worry Is That the other half (when I'm dead)  Will Sell My Fishing Stuff For What I Said I Paid For It

Offline Teresa

• Trade Count: (7)
  • Members
  • Atlanta - zone 7b
  • With us since: 10/08/2006
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 26, 2006, 05:36:48 PM »
Cheez!  I offered to let you steal hubby's bike for free!

Offline karen J

• Members
    • View Profile
    • Karen's Frog Pond
« Reply #4 on: August 26, 2006, 08:57:50 PM »
Steve, you better stop by on your way home! I can reciprocate your wonderful meal and feed you dinner (or lunch, etc). Of course, you are more than welcome to crash here. Still have our number?

My "motherly" instinct is kicking in- Are you sure the bike is in good enough condition for that kind of drive?  {-) ?)(? :-X

Got saddlebags? I've got a shovel...  (8:-)
Karen
Northern Illinois, zone 5

http://www.pbase.com/karenfrogpond

Offline EagleEye

• Members
  • zone 5, Sauk City, WI
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 27, 2006, 04:05:45 AM »
Karen,
I plan on stopping by, but I won't know what day or time of day till I'm on the way there.
OK mom, the bike should be just fine. It hasn't been run for a while, but it's been taken care of. And do I have saddlebags? This baby's a 1300cc cruiser. It's got everything except ashtray and seatbelts ;D
I've got your number.
Steve

Offline Mikey

• Trade Count: (4)
  • Members
  • With us since: 05/01/2006
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 27, 2006, 09:00:55 AM »
If you dip a little bit, well maybe a lotta bit, southwest you can make the pond party at Jerry's.  Doesn't cruising along the pacific ocean sound like fun (8:-)
American Ponders Watergardening
American Ponders Pond and Koi Forum

-Mike- Husband of one, father of two, friend of many-

Cypress, CA Z-10b  NWF Certified Backyard Wildlife Habitat #24958

Offline Jerry

• Members
  • "An analog guy trapped in a digital world."
  • With us since: 05/01/2006
    • View Profile
    • American Ponders!!!!!!!!!
« Reply #7 on: August 27, 2006, 09:04:59 AM »
My thoughts too Mike!

Isn't the hospitality of the members amazing? o(:-) o(:-) o(:-)
I joked about eating our way accross country visiting ponders, but it's not a bad idea at all.
Maybe a west cost trip to start!
Jerry
Northridge, California  
Zone 10

"Any women that tries to be the equal of a man, lacks ambition!"

American Ponders Watergardening
American Ponders Pond and Koi Forum

Offline EagleEye

• Members
  • zone 5, Sauk City, WI
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 27, 2006, 09:39:04 AM »
Believe it or not, I was actually looking at some bikes in Cal. But came to my senses.  ;That's just Toooooooooooo far. ::)
I did do a trip like that once, but then again, I took a month off ;)
Of course, I'd love to come and visit you surfer boys out there ;D

Steve

Offline karen J

• Members
    • View Profile
    • Karen's Frog Pond
« Reply #9 on: August 27, 2006, 08:48:16 PM »
And do I have saddlebags? This baby's a 1300cc cruiser. It's got everything except ashtray and seatbelts ;D

Good! Maybe we can send you home with some new plants. 1300 cc sounds nice. Love those cruisers.
Any day or time is just fine with us. We have plenty of food and wine  (8:-), maybe not too much wine for that drive home. I'll have Laura draw you a welcome pic in the driveway.  ;)
Karen
Northern Illinois, zone 5

http://www.pbase.com/karenfrogpond

Offline Oceanbum

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 28, 2006, 05:33:59 AM »
Sounds like a great ride, Steve!!! My hubby and a friend went down to SC over Memorial Day weekend and picked up a bike he bought. He got an 84 Harley Sportster. He had gotten rid of all of his bikes when the girls were born. We needed the money to help with the adoption fund!!  ::)  Now that the youngest is 7 he decided it was time to get another bike. My girls are 7 and 11 and they LOVE riding on it. They look like bobble-heads when they put on the helmet, though!!!  lol  I noticed you said "another" bike. What other kinds of bikes do you have?

I would invite you to stop by our place but we won't be home either!!! Going camping!!!

Good luck on your ride and have fun!!! We expect to see pics of the bike when you get back. And maybe some from the ride!!
Becky

Offline EagleEye

• Members
  • zone 5, Sauk City, WI
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 28, 2006, 07:13:42 AM »
Oceanbum,
I'll hoping to be spending the night somewhere west of Cleveland on Fri night, but it'll be late when I stop. I have to add that my plans always seem to change. ;D
I've had lots of bikes over the years, harleys, triumphs, yamahas, etc. Right now I have a xs650 yamaha special, and I'm picking up a yamaha venture royale, plus I've got another xs650 that I'm making into a hardtail chopper. A fun project O0
I have to smile when I think about the 18 hr bus ride ;D. I do have a couple of good books that I never seem to find time to read. Seems like the perfect opportunity.
I'm sure that I'll have a pic to post.

Steve

Offline barb

• Trade Count: (1)
  • Members
  • Connecticut
  • With us since: 11/08/2006
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 28, 2006, 09:50:56 AM »
My dh would love a bike, but our funds at present won't allow for it.  I did see Alton Brown make some tasty stew over the exhaust pipe on his motorcycle last night, something to consider for those long trips!   ;)

Have a great trip!

Offline EagleEye

• Members
  • zone 5, Sauk City, WI
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 21, 2006, 08:31:11 PM »
Here is a picture of the bike that I went out to Rochester NY, to pick up a couple weeks ago.
It's a 1996 Yamaha Venture Royale.

Steve

Offline Teresa

• Members
  • Atlanta - zone 7b
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 22, 2006, 09:31:12 AM »
How you gonna take a picture of you riding that thing?

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 
All photo's & content within copyright © 2006-2017 WorldWide WaterGardeners and it's membership "All Rights Reserved"