Author Topic: Problems with this board  (Read 2419 times)

Offline barb

• Trade Count: (1)
  • Members
  • Connecticut
  • With us since: 11/08/2006
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
Problems with this board
« on: August 27, 2006, 05:40:27 AM »
I wasn't sure where to post this, I hope it's okay to post it here.  Since the forum changes here, I haven't been able to get this forum to load properly on my computer.  If I come to the forum using Firefox, it usually takes a minute or more for EACH page to load.  So I tried coming to the board using IE, but images don't all load.   Siggie pics and avatars do, but the little "new" buttons don't, and neither do the pics members have added in individual posts.  For instance, the poop thread had no poop pic for me on IE.

I belong to several other boards, but this is the only board I have problems with.  I have tried clearing my cookies to no avail.  Is it my ISP maybe?  I just don't know what to do to fix the problem.   :(

Offline LouAnn

• Trade Count: (6)
  • Members
  • With us since: 09/08/2006
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
Re: Problems with this board
« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2006, 07:35:15 AM »
Lately it is very slow for me also. I use Firefox.
Friends are the family I would choose.

Offline barb

• Members
  • Connecticut
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 27, 2006, 09:31:48 AM »
It's funny, now all of a sudden it's faster. Still slow, but much better.  I better do some reading now while it's working so well.   :)

Offline LouAnn

• Trade Count: (6)
  • Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 27, 2006, 09:57:59 AM »
I agree! i don't know what happened, but it was good!
Friends are the family I would choose.

Offline Sean

• Tropical Waterlily Guru
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (3)
  • Members
  • With us since: 05/01/2006
    • View Profile
    • Sean's Ponds & Patio Garden
« Reply #4 on: August 27, 2006, 11:07:56 AM »
It is a problem with our server and we are working with their tech support to solve the problem. We have been having this very problem since the very beginning. If they are unable to solve the slow loading problems we will be moving to a new provider all together. Problem is, Jerry paid the whole year in advance and I do not believe they give credit so he would be out 4 months worth of hosting fees.

Cheers,
Sean
Vancouver BC Zone 8B
...........Click my Gif's............

Offline Sean

• Tropical Waterlily Guru
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (3)
  • Members
    • View Profile
    • Sean's Ponds & Patio Garden
« Reply #5 on: August 27, 2006, 11:13:20 AM »
Just an added note, mornings and evenings seem to be the worst time to try and log on. It seems to be very quick after 10:30 am up till say 6:00pm where it slows down again.

We are on a shared server so the bandwidth is shared between us and possibly as many as 200 other websites.
I am hoping that the provider will move us to another server with better daily access.

Cheers,
Sean
Vancouver BC Zone 8B
...........Click my Gif's............

Offline barb

• Members
  • Connecticut
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 27, 2006, 11:38:28 AM »
Thanks for explaining it, Sean.  I just wasn't sure if it was my computer or not.  I didn't mean to complain about your board, but if it was my computer acting up I just wanted to know.   :)

Offline JohnInFlorida

• Trade Count: (2)
  • Members
  • Middleburg, FL ~ Zn 9
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 27, 2006, 03:33:52 PM »
Problem is, Jerry paid the whole year in advance and I do not believe they give credit so he would be out 4 months worth of hosting fees.

Sean, It's been said before by many others here, and I'll say it again now, access to this forum is much more important to me than a few dollars.

Membership is at 251 members ... as you know, it was over 500! I truly believe that the agonizingly slow page loading is the primary reason that the membership has not bounced back to the 500+ mark. Changing hosting companies and walking away from 4 months of hosting fees seems a small price to pay for reliable access to this group.

I don't think it can be said too often ... THANK YOU ... to you and Jerry for all you do to make this resource available. It would be a plus, in my opinion, if the two of you would allow us (the users) to do our part in making this resource reliably accessible. If switching hosts and losing 4 months fees is what it's going to take to do that ... my finger is poised over my PayPal button to kick in and help defray the cost of making the switch. I believe there are many others here who feel the same way. If that's not the case, I'm sure they will chime in with their own opinions here in this thread.

Again, thanks much for all you do.

Keep Smilin'
John  :)
"Life is hard;
It's harder if you're stupid."
                                    John Wayne

Offline tammie

• Trade Count: (20)
  • Members
  • With us since: 10/08/2006
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 27, 2006, 08:54:27 PM »
I'm with John!
Tammie

Offline Jerry

• Trade Count: (7)
  • Members
  • "An analog guy trapped in a digital world."
    • View Profile
    • American Ponders!!!!!!!!!
« Reply #9 on: September 03, 2006, 10:16:57 AM »
We are changing host companies NOW.  Hopefully the problem will be resolved. {-)
Yes it costs us members!
oddly it worls fast for me for the past 2 weeks
Jerry
Northridge, California  
Zone 10

"Any women that tries to be the equal of a man, lacks ambition!"

American Ponders Watergardening
American Ponders Pond and Koi Forum

Offline EagleEye

• Trade Count: (5)
  • Members
  • zone 5, Sauk City, WI
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 05, 2006, 07:33:48 PM »
Jerry,
About 2 days before Sean posted about changing servers, it has been fast for me. :o

Steve
My Biggest Worry Is That the other half (when I'm dead)  Will Sell My Fishing Stuff For What I Said I Paid For It

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 
All photo's & content within copyright © 2006-2017 WorldWide WaterGardeners and it's membership "All Rights Reserved"