Author Topic: I got some fish!!  (Read 624 times)

Offline Loritx

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Members
  • With us since: 07/04/2007
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
I got some fish!!
« on: May 08, 2007, 10:45:05 AM »
I was out looking for a few starter fish for my pond!  And the pet store had 4-6in Koi on sale 'cheap'! So I took my grandsons with me to pick out a couple of fish!

Youngest grandson(8) said he wanted the little Orange one -4inches - named it "ZOE"
Oldest grandson(10) Picked out the ugliest fish in the tank -5 inches- named it "NEMO"
I picked out the largest white w/black spots -6inches- couldnt figure out what to name it, then was watching it GUARD the food from the other fish and Named it "MINI MO"  after my dog Moana- she is food aggressive!!

My Grandsons think its great that they each have a fish in my pond - now where can I HIDE the fish food, from the boys?? {:-P;;

This is as good a photo as I can get at the moment! They are still shy!! I took it from inside the sunroom as they wont come up to eat if I am out there!!
Lori TX

Offline Teresa

• Trade Count: (7)
  • Members
  • Atlanta - zone 7b
  • With us since: 10/08/2006
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
Re: I got some fish!!
« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2007, 10:55:06 AM »
It's very difficult to get pics of fish  . . . . specially when they are excited!

Congrats on your new fish . . . . and put that food up really high, where the kids can't reach it!

Offline perplexed ponder

• Trade Count: (8)
  • Members
  • With us since: 27/03/2007
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 08, 2007, 11:44:02 AM »
Oh How sweet! My kids adorre going to get new fish! They are even happier when the fish have babies!
Kathy

Offline Loritx

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Members
  • With us since: 07/04/2007
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 08, 2007, 11:59:58 AM »
Getting the grandsons in on the pond is a great learning experience!!  And if I ever need to repot that plant that is in the bottom - I can just send one of them in to fetch it!! o(   If I asked, they would be fighting over who was going in to get it!!!! O0
They have been really good lately arround the pond!! 
The youngest(8) learned the hard way - I told him to stay off the rocks and skimmer lid - well I was painting the skimmer lid and had it off- he walked around the pond on the rocks-stepped backward (without looking) onto the "missing" skimmer lid and SPLASH!!!  I was in the sunroom and looked out just as he fell backwards into the pond - the look on his face was Priceless!! :D  Sometimes kids just have to learn the hard way!! 
The oldest(10) is kind of Hyper - but when he is out there sitting on the edge- it kind of mesmerized him watching the fish in the bottom!!! @O@  Hope he is just not sitting there trying to figure out how to catch them!!
Lori TX

Offline tinkster

• Trade Count: (46)
  • Members
  • With us since: 09/08/2006
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 08, 2007, 06:44:41 PM »
Woohoo on the fish!  I am still trying to get pictures of mine.  They are to photgenic :)

tinkster

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 
All photo's & content within copyright © 2006-2017 WorldWide WaterGardeners and it's membership "All Rights Reserved"