Author Topic: Wow, I am amazed  (Read 1138 times)

Offline seanmckinney

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Members
  • With us since: 17/02/2007
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
Wow, I am amazed
« on: May 09, 2007, 01:15:29 PM »
A while back I found a box of my dad's exposed but undeveloped 120 negatives. My guess was they'd early 60's and before so I hadnt much hope of them developing. Well yesteday I left a random film in to someone who supposedly knows what they are doing and today I got the film back. This is an "inverted" shot of one negative taken with a digital camera. 

I am amazed, as far as I can see the whole film developed perfectly and the shots show Bleriot Road in RAF married quarters, http://maps.google.co.uk/maps?ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&hl=en&tab=wl&q=bleriot%20road
My dad left the RAF in 65, the film is at least 41 years old!!!!!!
I have tried scanning the film but it doesnt scan well as the scanner can officially scan only 35mm film.

Offline livetogarden

• Trade Count: (14)
  • Members
  • With us since: 11/08/2006
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
Re: Wow, I am amazed
« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2007, 02:01:55 PM »
I'm assuming you're 1 of the kids in the pic. This is so awesome.
Cath
zone 5b

Offline jclements

• Trade Count: (15)
  • Members
  • With us since: 09/08/2006
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
    • In the Garden Photoblog
« Reply #2 on: May 09, 2007, 04:48:10 PM »
I used to follow a community on livejournal for people that bought old cameras with exposed film in them. If I can find it again, I'll post a link for you.

How cool that your film was still good!

P.S. Still watching for the coins! :)
Jessica
Dallas, TX
Photoblog:  http://jessicaclements.wordpress.com

Offline Teresa

• Trade Count: (7)
  • Members
  • Atlanta - zone 7b
  • With us since: 10/08/2006
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 09, 2007, 05:45:51 PM »
That is so very cool!  Whoda thunk that film would last that long . . . probably because it was black and white because I know that color film develops funny after just a couple of years . . . .

Offline Timgod

• Trade Count: (21)
  • Members
  • Houston, Texas Zone 9
  • With us since: 13/09/2006
    • View Profile
    • Timgods Graphics
« Reply #4 on: May 09, 2007, 06:10:48 PM »
Do you have the full size scan? If you want to send it to me I can clean it up a bit in photoshop and get some of the details to pop some more for you.

P.S. Did you notice the shadow in the lower right hand corner. It looks like the shadow of possibly a male head. It might even be your dad's head as the shadow if you are one of the kids.

Tim
On a quest for the elusive lilies...

Offline seanmckinney

• Members
  • With us since: 17/02/2007
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 10, 2007, 02:29:31 AM »
Tim, thanks for the offer but I can't scan it at the moment, I have a "35mm only" scanner. The photo above is digital camera image of the negative sat on a light box. The image was then "inverted" in photo shop.
I am looking at or thinking about a 120 scanner. I think I am the boy in this photo though I'd have to check with my mum to be 100% sure, however the rest of the film would fit with it being me.

I did notice the shadow but would guess it was my mum or someone other that my dad maybe a parent of one of the girls, it looks to 'bushy' for a "bald on top" man ;D ;D ;D

Offline Cindi

• Members
  • With us since: 10/08/2006
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 10, 2007, 05:44:00 AM »
How exciting that must be for you!!!
Cindi
Cedar Springs, MI , Zone 5

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 
All photo's & content within copyright © 2006-2017 WorldWide WaterGardeners and it's membership "All Rights Reserved"