Author Topic: SHAWN!!!! you just gotta go here........  (Read 1475 times)

Offline tinkster

• Trade Count: (46)
  • Members
  • With us since: 09/08/2006
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
SHAWN!!!! you just gotta go here........
« on: May 17, 2007, 12:13:46 PM »
You wont believe what I found today... a friend of ours use to own a bait tackle shack on 23 before you get to cattlesburg right there on the right side of the road..... so I went up there today to talk to him to see if he knew where I could get chemicals to treat my sickies with and he had sold out but you wont belive.. this guy goes to the Hatchery every wednesday and he brings up KOI, shubumkin and fancy gold fishes.. I have never saw some as pretty as these.. and the bestest thingy.. these koi, alot of butterflies, were huge... a few were already 16 inches at least... and he wants 20.00 a piece for the huge biggies.. he has ones the size of my fishes 6 up to 12" or so for 14.99 and then huge huge shumbkins for 10.00 and fancy HUGE goldfish for 2.00.  He was about to tell me where the hatchery was  when his wife busted in and stopped him.. so we have a hatchery very close by.

I dont know if you need fishes  if you do you so go look... I was so shocked.... but he said a lady from charleston buys all his biggies each and every week as they go for 75.00 there.. I think he has so many today cause he just got back yesterday and she wasnt there yet.  anyway... what if we could find the hatchery :)

tinkster

Offline Ky Kim

• Trade Count: (16)
  • Members
  • location: Louisville, Ky.....6 A/B ish, depends on which way the wind blows I think.
  • Kimberly
  • With us since: 10/08/2006
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
Re: SHAWN!!!! you just gotta go here........
« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2007, 02:20:38 PM »
Sounds promising.  Hmmmm, I wonder if there is one around here some where.  I know there is a bait/tackle place less that a mile from me.  Might just have to go in an inquire, I know there sign has said something about goldfish before.  But I've never went inside except for a battery operated airator.

Kim

Ponds are like patato chips, ya just can't have one.

Offline Bonnie

• Trade Count: (43)
  • Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 17, 2007, 02:35:51 PM »
Just be sure to QT.....
Goldies can have nasties that can make your other fish sick.

Koi can have KHV which make your other fish DIE.......

I guess the wife didn't want to share the place???

Offline Shawn

• Trade Count: (2)
  • Members
  • With us since: 12/08/2006
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 17, 2007, 02:37:44 PM »
You know.. I have almost stopped there at least 500 times now.. Each time I pass it and am afraid of getting plowed over by the rigs on the other side of the road to cross traffic...   :o  :o Now I have a perfect excuse this week-end to go up that aways... Or at the very least, next Wed!!  8-)~ 8-)~
Keep away from people who try to belittle your ambitions. Small people always do that, but the really great make you feel that you, too, can become great.
~ Mark Twain

Russell, Kentucky  Zone 5

Offline tinkster

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 17, 2007, 02:52:39 PM »
Yeah I would definatley guarantine anything I Got after my problems now.. it was all I could do to keep from buying this one butterfly yellow with metalic colors in him.. but I knew I had to fix my problems and worry about my babies for now.  He seemed fair enuff.. but who knows. he said he gets them right on wednesday when she drags.. whatever that means.. he buys his bait fish there and you get whatever she drags up.. he said they go in his big tanks in his truck and to the shop so little stress.. they looked good for sure but ya never know. 

Shawn.. you need to stop as you leave ashland then you just have to pull off the side then get back on and go up 23 to catlesttburg to do something... thats what I did :)  It is brutal there when the coal trucks are going up to the tipple.

tinkster

Offline Shawn

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 17, 2007, 03:07:15 PM »
Yep.. Brutal is a good way to say it!!  I'll head up tomorrow and see what is left...  :D
Keep away from people who try to belittle your ambitions. Small people always do that, but the really great make you feel that you, too, can become great.
~ Mark Twain

Offline El Jefe

• Trade Count: (1)
  • Members
  • Senior Chief USN Ret
  • With us since: 09/11/2006
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 17, 2007, 06:39:28 PM »
Tinkster, there is a hatchery  up there somewhere called HINTON HATCHERY FARM could that be your fish hatchery? The other info I found was 1223 W DORCLIFF HGTS ASHLAND, KY 41102

http://www.google.com/maps?q=1223+W+Dorcliff+Heights+Rd,+Ashland,+KY+41102,+USA&sa=X&oi=map&ct=title
« Last Edit: May 17, 2007, 06:49:03 PM by El Jefe »
… The soul is dyed the color of it’s thoughts. Think only on those things that are in line with your principles and can bear the light of day. The content of your character is your choice, Day by day, what you choose, what you think and what you do is WHO you become. Your integrity is your destiny, it is the light that guides your way……

Offline Shawn

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 17, 2007, 07:16:20 PM »
I think that Ashland address is part of a new subdivision being built.. There is a pond down there, didn't know a hatchery tho...
~ Mark Twain

Offline JohnInFlorida

• Members
  • Middleburg, FL ~ Zn 9
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 18, 2007, 06:25:50 AM »
Tink,

The address of the hatchery seems to be

7229 HATCHERY RD ASHLAND, KY 41102

http://oaspub.epa.gov/enviro/lrt_viewer.map_page?sys_id=110015606138

While the other address

1223 W DORCLIFF HGTS ASHLAND, KY 41102

seems to be the address (new address?) of the owner/manager

Keep Smilin'
John  :)
"Life is hard;
It's harder if you're stupid."
                                    John Wayne

Offline El Jefe

• Trade Count: (1)
  • Members
  • Senior Chief USN Ret
  • With us since: 09/11/2006
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 18, 2007, 06:34:31 AM »
Actually John is right, I saw both addreses  (had thenm up in two different screens and the one that John linked out to is the first one I came across. I then went looking for it's owner to give you a Point of Contact (POC) and came up with the Address I posted. Sorry about the confusion. good catch John thanks. Andy
… The soul is dyed the color of it’s thoughts. Think only on those things that are in line with your principles and can bear the light of day. The content of your character is your choice, Day by day, what you choose, what you think and what you do is WHO you become. Your integrity is your destiny, it is the light that guides your way……

Offline Shawn

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 18, 2007, 06:52:02 PM »
I know where that is!!  There is a paylake real close to it, maybe even on the same property... Hmmm... Adding another place to visit...
~ Mark Twain

Offline tinkster

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 18, 2007, 07:00:35 PM »
Thanks guys for the info.  I didnt get a chance to go out there today to see whats there but I have asked a few and everybody else is like me and under the impression that hinton hatchery has always been a chicken/chick hatchery.. boy I sure hope it aint!

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 
All photo's & content within copyright © 2006-2017 WorldWide WaterGardeners and it's membership "All Rights Reserved"