Author Topic: Bob, the Tadpole is no more...  (Read 864 times)

Offline Sandye

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Members
  • With us since: 17/03/2007
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
Bob, the Tadpole is no more...
« on: May 18, 2007, 12:42:19 PM »
but he IS a froggy!!   ;D  I released him Weds. because he had finished absorbing his tail and therefore had nothing to eat.  I thought his little tummy looked pretty flat, so I put him out in the pond to see if he could catch his own food from now on.  There are lots of lily pads for him to rest on and (I hope) lots of little flys/bugs buzzing around.  I haven't seen him the last two days...sniff, sniff    :'( ...but I think he will be all right because he is too big for the fish to eat.  I just have goldfish and most of them are small to middle-sized because I didn't get around to put the bubbler in the pond last fall (taking care of DH after he had a quadruple bypass), and all of my largest goldfish died.  He shouldn't be in danger from any predators unless I have a snake out there that I don't know about.

Please cross your fingers for my little guy.   ;)  I put in a lot of care and dedication to raising him from a tiny tadpole the last couple of months (with help and advice from Teresa).    o(:-)

My daughter took some pics of Bob before I released him, but I think she's forgotten to send them back to me.  She's a busy young Mom and involved in the MOPS organization and her church.  If I ever get them, I'll post them.   :)

Offline barb

• Trade Count: (1)
  • Members
  • Connecticut
  • With us since: 11/08/2006
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
Re: Bob, the Tadpole is no more...
« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2007, 01:51:33 PM »
Oh, that scared me for a moment, I'm glad he's doing so well.  Hopefully you'll see him again.

Offline Esther

• Trade Count: (9)
  • Members
  • With us since: 05/01/2006
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 18, 2007, 04:12:55 PM »
That's what I thought too. Phew!!

Offline Sandye

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Members
  • With us since: 17/03/2007
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 18, 2007, 08:41:49 PM »
Tee Hee!  Thanks, gals.  I thought that would get everyone's attention.  I just wanted to let everyone know that he did make it through metamorphosis and has been released.  It was a fun experience to raise him. 

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 
All photo's & content within copyright © 2006-2017 WorldWide WaterGardeners and it's membership "All Rights Reserved"