Author Topic: It's sprinkling rain!  (Read 1345 times)

Offline GAjen

• Trade Count: (1)
  • Members
  • With us since: 17/05/2007
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
It's sprinkling rain!
« on: May 23, 2007, 09:16:41 AM »
We need rain so bad do the dance and maybe it will flood down here.

Offline Kittyzee

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Members
  • With us since: 09/08/2006
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
Re: It's sprinkling rain!
« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2007, 10:09:20 AM »
I'll do a rain dance for a good soaking rain....no floods!  The kind that lasts for a couple of days and makes us farmers happy and drives the weather forecasters nuts...ESPECIALLY if it happens on a weekend...God forbid!  ::)
LuAnn

There are things you do because they feel right & they may make no sense & they may make no money & it may be the real reason we are here:  to love each other & to eat each other's cooking & say it was good.  ~  Brian Andreas 

American Ponders Watergardening
American Ponders Pond and Koi Forum

Offline GAjen

• Members
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2007, 11:18:45 AM »
Got .24 of rain now the sun is out.  :( Did go fishing in the preformed and got about 20 babies out and put them in the main pond. Thanks for the dance keep it up.

Offline luvmyasagis

• Trade Count: (9)
  • Members
  • With us since: 19/03/2007
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 23, 2007, 04:54:41 PM »
How are the fires GAjen? we were getting the smoke from them today and I am all the way up in N.W. Alabama.
Have a blessed day

Offline PondmaninAL

• Trade Count: (10)
  • Members
  • Pond God
  • With us since: 10/08/2006
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 23, 2007, 05:17:04 PM »
How are the fires GAjen? we were getting the smoke from them today and I am all the way up in N.W. Alabama.

I tell you how good they are. There is talk here in Florida of them closing I-75 into Georgia. They've already shut down 441 from Lake City, FL to Georgia.

Scott
Happy ponding,
Scott o(

ALABAMA!! 2010 BCS National Champion!!

[img width= height= alt=Click for Odenville, Alabama Forecast" border="0" height="100" width="150]http://weathersticker.wunderground.com/weathersticker/miniStates/language/www/US/AL/Odenville.gif[/img]

If you think that your question is dumb, imagine how totally stupid you will look if you don't ask it.

Offline GAjen

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 23, 2007, 06:27:38 PM »
 :'( Unfortunately the wind has spread them again and we are back on fire where we already burned. Many people on that side of town evacuated. Scott I feel your pain.....!!!!!

Offline Shae

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Members
  • With us since: 09/08/2006
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 24, 2007, 05:10:43 AM »
Jen, I talked to my dad last night and he told me it rained in town, but he didn't get a drop of it. Can't smell the smoke up here this morning.

Offline GAjen

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 24, 2007, 09:49:46 AM »
We got .24 of an inch lasted 10 minutes then 30 mph winds. This is old ...... really old now.  :thumbdown:

Offline Ky Kim

• Trade Count: (16)
  • Members
  • location: Louisville, Ky.....6 A/B ish, depends on which way the wind blows I think.
  • Kimberly
  • With us since: 10/08/2006
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 24, 2007, 02:32:06 PM »
We need some rain too.  Had some a couple weeks ago, but not much.  Every thing is so dry and crispy.  I don't remember hooking up the water sprinkler this early before.  My daughter is wanting to play in the sprinkler, don't have the pool open yet.  So, I'm going to hook it up so it hits my elephant ears, and banana's and she can play too.

Kim

Ponds are like patato chips, ya just can't have one.

Offline GAjen

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 24, 2007, 02:39:39 PM »
Kim, I think may take up the same thing and turn on the sprinkler this weekend that sounds like a good idea to me. DH's birthdday is this weekend and not much outside activity going on.

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 
All photo's & content within copyright © 2006-2017 WorldWide WaterGardeners and it's membership "All Rights Reserved"