Author Topic: Yachtlady Hosta  (Read 2121 times)

Offline Jennie in MT

• Trade Count: (10)
  • Members
  • C'mon! Pucker up for a little fishy kiss!
  • With us since: 09/08/2006
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
Yachtlady Hosta
« on: May 24, 2007, 09:48:10 AM »
I know others must have gotten hosta from her.  How are yours doing??  Mine are going to be a thrill this summer.  I think I may have lost 2, but I was so psyched to see them coming up this spring!!

(UPDATE:  I was on my way to the car and went by the spot where Red October and Saishu Jima were planted last fall.  POP!  @O@ They have come up!!  @O@  Just way behind the others.  Ahhhhhhh  :D)
« Last Edit: May 28, 2007, 06:00:54 PM by Jennie in MT »

Offline Susan

• Trade Count: (6)
  • Members
  • With us since: 10/08/2006
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
Re: YAchtlady Hosta
« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2007, 10:07:59 AM »
I bought 5 or 6 from Karen. All of them came back like gangbusters. I didn't lose any. I thought I had lost one, but it is a smaller Hosta and just popped up later than the others. I feel like a made out like a bandit with her hostas.

Jennie, I think I saw a post of yours over at GW Hosta exchange, briefly mentioning you were hoping to find a Red October. If that was indeed you, and you want to trade, PM me with what hostas you have to trade. I have divided a RO and am just procrastinating putting up a post over there. If anyone else is interested, I have atleast one other trade of the RO.         

Susan
« Last Edit: May 24, 2007, 10:58:17 AM by Susan »
Long Island, New York    Zone 7b

Offline Jennie in MT

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 24, 2007, 10:32:23 AM »
It IS ME.  I will PM  Thanks!  The RO and the Saishu Jima did not come back    waaaaa

Offline Ky Kim

• Trade Count: (16)
  • Members
  • location: Louisville, Ky.....6 A/B ish, depends on which way the wind blows I think.
  • Kimberly
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 24, 2007, 11:53:33 AM »
That is were I got all my sedums, semps and succulents from her.  Something called strange plant, it lives up to its name...lol.  Few other things but can't think of what they are right now.  I did get a mini-hosta from her, I haven't seen it this year  :'( .  I really wanted that mini-hosta.  It only got to be about 8" high.

Kim
« Last Edit: June 02, 2007, 02:07:20 PM by Ky Kim »

Ponds are like patato chips, ya just can't have one.

Offline small fish

• Trade Count: (13)
  • Members
  • With us since: 11/08/2006
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 24, 2007, 06:58:05 PM »
I also bought about 5 or 6 hostas from her.  Seems all but one came back.  I placed my order with her rather late and she did not have all the choices that were available in the begining.   :-\  Wished I would have ordered sooner. 

Susan, could you post the web site for the GW Hosta exchange.  I would be interested in getting some different hostas than the few I have.

Myra
Myra Shreveport, LaZone 8A

Offline Susan

• Trade Count: (6)
  • Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 24, 2007, 07:52:02 PM »
Long Island, New York    Zone 7b

Offline Jennie in MT

• Members
    • View Profile
Re: Yachtlady Hosta
« Reply #6 on: May 28, 2007, 05:55:21 PM »
~~~~~~NEWSFLASH~~~~~~~I have just talked with Karen/Yachtlady.  I think she will have more hosta.  She is putting together a list of what she has that came up this spring.  I will have her post it or post it for her when she has it together.

Hey, Myra!  No need to go all the way to GW.  What ya got and what ya lookin for?? 
I have:  Wide Brim**, Sum & Substance**, Krossa Regal**, Blue Mammoth**, Honeybells**, Frances Williams**, Blue Cadet** (a mini), Whirlwind (now I can't find this in my gardens, so maybe I have lost it), Samual Blue, Love Pat, Royal Standard, Tokudama Flavocircinalis**, Gold Standard**, Saishu Jima**(just popped up), The Night Before Christmas, August Moon, Invincible, Antioch, and Blue Angel. **Divisions may be available.

Jennie

Offline small fish

• Trade Count: (13)
  • Members
  • With us since: 11/08/2006
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 28, 2007, 06:16:47 PM »
Hey, Hey ...  Jennie, looks like you have them all ... I will look them up and get back with you.. thanks

Myra
Myra Shreveport, LaZone 8A

Offline Yacht Lady

• Trade Count: (3)
  • Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 29, 2007, 12:32:25 PM »
Hey y'all, Yacht Hosta Lady here . . . be patient on those hostas that haven't come up yet, my Blue Ice just started to pop yesterday.  No lie!  My plants are always late, so maybe they just need to adjust.  When the daffodils in town are done blooming, mine are just popping open.  My entire yard is that way.  Not sure why.

If those plants don't come up, please drop me a note and we will see what we might be able to do about that. 

Jennie, thanks for the thread.  I have only been able to talk to a few of the folks who have gotten my babies.  It's good to know what is going on with them.

Yes, I am updating the catalog.  It seems my babies liked me moving out about 1000 hosta last year.  They are coming back stronger than last year.  Some have come back that I thought I was sold out of and two came up I haven't seen in a couple of years!!!!!  Forget Blue Mammoth though.  That one was a steal as all of you who got one knows and I am sold out of them.  I managed to keep one division for myself.  Oh yes, I have a massive pot that I am planting up with my favorite hostas to go on the yatch with me.

Give me about a week or so to finish out the catalog.  I want to open up some of my specialty hostas this year to sale that I didn't offer last year.  Some aren't up enough to be sure what they are yet, but they are coming.  Also, those of you who know me know that if I didn't have bad luck, I'd have no luck at all (but I'm still smiling anyway).  Fell two weeks ago in our garage in the dark when I was home alone for hours.  I laid there for hours until I finally found my wheelchair (by the braille method) and was able to get up.  Doc thought I'd broken 4 bones in my left foot (oh the pain) and popped off the nail on big toe on right foot.  Ends up just torns ligaments and tendons and bruise muscles in the left foot, nothing was broken, but you should see the surgical shoes I have to wear.  They give ugly a new meaning and I'm hobbling around a bit, so I'm moving especially slow.  So, as usual, I appreciate your patience.

Oh yes, we are going to Baltimore on Wednesday tomorrow to look at a yatch.  Just maybe it will be our new home.  Just maybe this year (I hope) we will finally make that much needed and much wanted move.

Kim, a personal favor, if I may.  My "Strange Plant" didn't winter over.  Michael said he'd brought it in.  He brought in the wrong strange plant!  Can I get start from you?  It sets baby plants all over the leafs in early summer, so a start would give me plenty in no time.  And what mini hasn't come up?

Karen
« Last Edit: May 29, 2007, 12:58:28 PM by Yacht Lady »

Offline Ky Kim

• Members
  • location: Louisville, Ky.....6 A/B ish, depends on which way the wind blows I think.
  • Kimberly
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 02, 2007, 11:46:46 AM »
It was a mini hosta, All I remember it was the one with the sleeping dog in the pic..lol...OK on the strange plant.

Kim

Offline luvmyasagis

• Trade Count: (9)
  • Members
  • With us since: 19/03/2007
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 02, 2007, 06:55:51 PM »
Hey I want to see a picture of the strange plant, you have me wondering what it looks like.
Have a blessed day

Offline Yacht Lady

• Trade Count: (3)
  • Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 02, 2007, 08:30:37 PM »
Kim, I think I have more of what I was calling sleeping dog hosta, but I will have to check.  Has it still not come up?  I will check tomorrow and see if and how much I have.  I will drop you an email when I know and we can decide what we are going to do.  Thanks so much for being willing to send me the start of the strange plant.  Did I give you enough to send me a start?  I know I just threw it in the bag at the last minute as a Just Cause, since you got the other succulents!!!

luvmyasagis, I don't believe this, but I don't have a picture of the strange plant.  Do you have a picture of it Kim? 

It is a succulent that I took a little snippet of in Kauai and it multiplied and multiplied.  It is obviously not cold hardy.  Leaves are light steel blue and the flowers are odd with pinks and yellow.  In the summer it forms baby plants at the many nods on the leaf.  That is the one you are calling strange plant, isn't it Kim?

Karen

Offline Ky Kim

• Members
  • Kimberly
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 03, 2007, 12:29:46 AM »
Well, it hasn't bloomed for me yet.  I'll take a pic of it tomorrow for you.  I just remember the white paper with Strange plant written on it, and it had a story written on it where you had got it.  I thought that was cool, I kept that paper for a long time.  It might even still be in my greenhouse.

Kim
« Last Edit: June 03, 2007, 09:09:28 AM by Ky Kim »

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 
All photo's & content within copyright © 2006-2017 WorldWide WaterGardeners and it's membership "All Rights Reserved"