Author Topic: Newbie.....  (Read 1825 times)

Offline thepitclub

• Trade Count: (2)
  • Members
  • With us since: 25/05/2007
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
Newbie.....
« on: May 26, 2007, 01:42:39 PM »
I just joined yesterday, and I have been browsing with awe at everyone's beautiful ponds and gardens/flowers.  o(:-)
I only have two small (tiny- compared to most here, he he) ponds, but they are my passion. But, having near three acres, I hope to finally start excavating this summer for a REAL pond!!  @O@
I am enjoying reading all the helpful info in the posts. So far, I have learned I am quite the novice and I have a lot to learn about water quality, etc., etc.  :-\

I'm going to try and figure out how to posts some pics...... hmmmmm..

« Last Edit: May 26, 2007, 01:53:50 PM by thepitclub »
"Do not spoil what you have by desiring what you have not; instead remember that what you now have was once among the things you had only hoped for" - Epicurus

Offline thepitclub

• Members
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
Re: Newbie.....
« Reply #1 on: May 26, 2007, 01:57:35 PM »
Just a few pics of the dry land.  ;)

"Do not spoil what you have by desiring what you have not; instead remember that what you now have was once among the things you had only hoped for" - Epicurus

Offline thepitclub

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 26, 2007, 02:11:39 PM »
Taking pics is another passion of mine, and I'm a sucker for a pretty flower!  ;D

Offline GAjen

• Trade Count: (1)
  • Members
  • With us since: 17/05/2007
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 26, 2007, 03:08:40 PM »
Welcome and I love your ponds. We started out with a little 45 gallon preformed.....sometimes I wish I still had just that.  ;D

Offline Jonna

• Members
  • With us since: 03/09/2006
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
    • Blah... blah... blah... Ginger!
« Reply #4 on: May 26, 2007, 03:59:16 PM »
I love those orange and purple flowers, some kind of poppy right? 

Offline Kittyzee

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Members
  • With us since: 09/08/2006
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 26, 2007, 05:09:20 PM »
How beautiful!!  I see a cat on the steps too...Oh, I love poppies.  I can't seem to remember to put seeds out for a poppy bed.  They are so striking against the green of the garden.  Your ponds and yard look wonderful   8)
LuAnn

There are things you do because they feel right & they may make no sense & they may make no money & it may be the real reason we are here:  to love each other & to eat each other's cooking & say it was good.  ~  Brian Andreas 

American Ponders Watergardening
American Ponders Pond and Koi Forum

Offline thepitclub

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 27, 2007, 06:43:16 AM »
Thank you for the warm welcome! Yes, they are poppies. They come up every year, and have been for at least the last 30 years (I have lived on or around this block since I was six). I tried sowing seeds in and around them for various other color poppies a couple years in a row, but they never grew. :-\ Too bad they only last a couple days then they're gone. Ahh well, nice while they last. :)
The old grey kittie is one of the barn cats that adopted us some years ago. He's kind of become part of the scenery around here. We've grown rather fond of him over the years.
I think the small pond in front is a 90 gallon (can't remember, put in 5 years ago), and the side pond I think is 240 gallons? I put that one in last year. Ponds seem to be like a growing addiction for me; I keep wanting a bigger and better one!  ;)

Offline maryvonne

• Members
  • With us since: 09/08/2006
    • View Profile
    • My photo albums
« Reply #7 on: May 28, 2007, 10:48:04 PM »
Nice little ponds. Love your poppies. Good luck with bulding the new pond.

Maryvonne
Maryvonne
Surrey B.C.
Canada

zone 7-8

Offline CoolShades

• Trade Count: (13)
  • Members
  • With us since: 10/08/2006
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 29, 2007, 07:00:00 PM »
sounds like you got the bug I see a 20x30 pond in your future!!!
Gary {:-P;;

Offline Timgod

• Trade Count: (21)
  • Members
  • Houston, Texas Zone 9
  • With us since: 13/09/2006
    • View Profile
    • Timgods Graphics
« Reply #9 on: May 29, 2007, 08:14:36 PM »
Welcome to the board.
Hope you like it and get something valuable here.
I am sure you will.

Tim
On a quest for the elusive lilies...

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 
All photo's & content within copyright © 2006-2017 WorldWide WaterGardeners and it's membership "All Rights Reserved"