Author Topic: Are humans descendents of Koi?  (Read 1489 times)

Offline Mucky_Waters

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Members
  • With us since: 11/08/2006
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
Are humans descendents of Koi?
« on: August 30, 2006, 10:58:45 PM »
I think I may have convincing proof that Koi are our early ancestors. I have video evidence of my Koi attempting to make his first few evolutionary steps out of the water. Sure it's not much now, but he is only a couple years old. At this rate in another couple years I could see him walking upright and using tools. And when he does, remember you saw the first steps HERE.  ;)
(click here to see the video)

Offline Rocmon

• Members
  • With us since: 09/08/2006
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
Re: Are humans descendents of Koi?
« Reply #1 on: August 30, 2006, 11:03:53 PM »
That fish looks like the poor suckers at the zoo in Des Moines, IA. They crawl over each other trying to get at the food fed to them by the visitors. Not very healthy looking fish there. Some are completely out of water struggling through the herd to get back into the water...

So how did you get him to do that for the camera?

Offline Kittyzee

• Members
  • With us since: 09/08/2006
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 31, 2006, 04:20:12 PM »
That's a great video!  Is it any wonder we get so attached to our wet pets too o(:-)
Let me know when you see the leg buds appearing!

LuAnn
LuAnn

There are things you do because they feel right & they may make no sense & they may make no money & it may be the real reason we are here:  to love each other & to eat each other's cooking & say it was good.  ~  Brian Andreas 

American Ponders Watergardening
American Ponders Pond and Koi Forum

Offline Mucky_Waters

• Members
  • With us since: 11/08/2006
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 01, 2006, 03:03:08 PM »
No buds yet LuAnn, but I think his fins are starting to longer and more muscular.

Rocmon  that fish does that all the time, the only thing I guess I do to incourage it is to sprinkle the fish pellets around everywhere in the pond. If I just throw the pellets in the open water that koi, because of his size and aggressive nature, will eat up the majority of pellets before all the other fish (and turtle) have a chance to get their fair share. Sprinkling the pellets all around the pond gives the others more of a chance to spread out  and seek out all the small nooks and crannies looking for food, also I think it gives them more exercise.

Offline Rog

• Members
  • With us since: 24/08/2006
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 02, 2006, 07:37:30 AM »
Cool video!

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 
All photo's & content within copyright © 2006-2017 WorldWide WaterGardeners and it's membership "All Rights Reserved"