Author Topic: Rain  (Read 2530 times)

Offline GAjen

• Trade Count: (1)
  • Members
  • With us since: 17/05/2007
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
Rain
« on: May 31, 2007, 09:57:48 AM »
This is the first time since February it has really rained. We had 6 firefighters slightly injured yesterday. Thank God for this water. I'm going on a little retreat......... 8)

Offline Ky Kim

• Trade Count: (16)
  • Members
  • location: Louisville, Ky.....6 A/B ish, depends on which way the wind blows I think.
  • Kimberly
  • With us since: 10/08/2006
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
Re: Rain
« Reply #1 on: May 31, 2007, 11:21:02 AM »
I had like 100 drops on my windshield on the way home today.  Nothing to write home about.

I think I'm going to have to do a rain dance.....

:raining: :raining: :raining: :raining: :raining: :raining: :raining: :raining: :raining: :raining: :raining:

Come on rain....

Kim

Ponds are like patato chips, ya just can't have one.

Offline Reedman

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Members
  • With us since: 11/08/2006
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 31, 2007, 07:37:23 PM »
Not quite that bad here in southcentral PA, but this May placed in the top 10 driest ever - only 1" of rain.  Should have had 4".

My lawn was beautiful until about two weeks ago - looks like a coconut fiber pot.
Reedman

1300 gallon pond - midnight & regular shubunkins/sarassa comets/white comets/rosy red minnows.

Offline Christy

• Members
  • With us since: 26/11/2006
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 31, 2007, 07:53:11 PM »
We need rain, it hasnt rained here for over an month.We had an couple of sprinkles the other day but that was it.

Kim,if you do, send some rain this way lol

Christy

Offline Mikey

• Trade Count: (4)
  • Members
  • With us since: 05/01/2006
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 01, 2007, 10:54:07 AM »
I'm glad to here you got some rain Jen.  Less than 4" of rain here since July 2006.....  :'( 
American Ponders Watergardening
American Ponders Pond and Koi Forum

-Mike- Husband of one, father of two, friend of many-

Cypress, CA Z-10b  NWF Certified Backyard Wildlife Habitat #24958

Offline GAjen

• Members
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 01, 2007, 11:18:16 AM »
Good Lord! That disturbance near Cuba is suppose to bring us some over the weekend, sure hope so then maybe these fires will leave.

Offline Ky Kim

• Members
  • location: Louisville, Ky.....6 A/B ish, depends on which way the wind blows I think.
  • Kimberly
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 01, 2007, 01:21:10 PM »
I'm still dancing, but getting tired.  My feet and legs are starting to ache   lol.  Maybe soon it will happen.

:raining: :whip: :raining: :whip: :raining: :whip: :raining: :whip: :raining: :whip: :raining: :whip: :raining: :whip: :raining: :whip: :raining:  :whip::raining: :whip: :raining: :whip: :raining: :whip: :raining: :whip: :raining: :whip:

Getting out the whip....with the rain dance. lol   :worship: :worship: :worship: RAIN

We might get an isolated storm today, and maybe scattered storms tomorrow.  At this point, I'll take a storm as long as its not severe, it could knock the lights out at work though then I could come home that wouldn't make me mad at all. 

Kim
« Last Edit: June 01, 2007, 01:55:22 PM by Ky Kim »

Offline Ky Kim

• Members
  • Kimberly
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 02, 2007, 11:59:00 AM »
Uh oh..........I hear Thunder.   @O@  Well see what comes of it.

Kim

Offline PondmaninAL

• Trade Count: (10)
  • Members
  • Pond God
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 02, 2007, 07:46:57 PM »
Kim, your dance drew Barry's attention and has given us nearly a whole day of light rain, Which we needed but it could have done it during the week and not the weekend.

Scott
Happy ponding,
Scott o(

ALABAMA!! 2010 BCS National Champion!!

[img width= height= alt=Click for Odenville, Alabama Forecast" border="0" height="100" width="150]http://weathersticker.wunderground.com/weathersticker/miniStates/language/www/US/AL/Odenville.gif[/img]

If you think that your question is dumb, imagine how totally stupid you will look if you don't ask it.

Offline Bonnie

• Trade Count: (43)
  • Members
  • With us since: 09/08/2006
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 02, 2007, 08:28:27 PM »
It rained here today for about 90 minutes.. we really needed it!

Offline Ky Kim

• Members
  • Kimberly
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 03, 2007, 12:35:17 AM »
Today it got windy, heard the thunder and the sky got dark.  We didn't get a single drop!   >:(-  But 3 miles down the road it was pouring, go figure.

Kim

Offline Shep

• Members
  • With us since: 29/12/2006
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 03, 2007, 08:03:42 AM »
3 1/2  inches of Glorious rain Saturday thanks to "Barry" the God sent tropical storm.... it was absolutely wonderful to hear it, see it, and smell it.......... almost forgot how it was...............

Toads loved the rain so much that they had them a "Love-In" in the pond...... they had eggs everywhere and weren't through when I went out there early this morning........ Grabbed the net and removed 15 toads (1 "Love-In" fatality....drowning victim) and finaly stopped when I realized the herd was coming back to the pond and jumping back in "Piggy-Back"..... the fish will again love the toadscargoe this year.

Offline Ky Kim

• Members
  • Kimberly
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 04, 2007, 11:40:57 AM »
We just got a brief shower (10 minutes), wasn't much but its a start.   @O@

Kim

Offline Sandye

• Members
  • With us since: 17/03/2007
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 04, 2007, 12:41:38 PM »
Good grief, the weather is wacky!!!  We've had a drought for the past three or four years, and this year it has done nothing but rain so far!   :o  We haven't even been able to till and plant the garden.   >:(-

Offline Ky Kim

• Members
  • Kimberly
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 04, 2007, 08:31:06 PM »
We ended up getting 1 more shower this afternoon, it poured for about 15 minutes.  Then tonight, lightning, thunder and.......about a 5 minute down pour.  I'm not complaining though, its a start.

How is it there GAjen?

Kim

Offline happyoutsidegirl

• Trade Count: (3)
  • Members
  • Be An Organ Doner
  • With us since: 23/01/2007
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: June 04, 2007, 09:11:43 PM »
Hi Jen. glad to see ya back. And hi to all. We have not had rain for months and today the sky opned with a vengince! It raind so hard it was unbeliveable for about and hour and then poured most on and off all day. Go figure, it was 103 yesterday and unbariable. Now it smells so good out side.
I'm just happier outside!
 Debbie
SunnyEastern Wa.
zone 5-6

Offline Ky Kim

• Members
  • Kimberly
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 05, 2007, 05:20:36 AM »
103  :woot: OH, MY that's hot.

Kim

Offline GAjen

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 05, 2007, 07:24:52 AM »
Hi Jen. glad to see ya back. And hi to all. We have not had rain for months and today the sky opned with a vengince! It raind so hard it was unbeliveable for about and hour and then poured most on and off all day. Go figure, it was 103 yesterday and unbariable. Now it smells so good out side.

Hey girl.....you sure have been on my mind a lot lately. We got more rain yesterday so hope it will keep up. 103......too hot for me.

Offline Ky Kim

• Members
  • Kimberly
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 05, 2007, 02:05:52 PM »
 @O@ @O@ @O@ We just had a storm and we got 1 inch here  @O@ @O@ @O@

Some areas got hit really hard with 4.5" hail.  We didn't get any hail but dag, that's what baseball size.  I was watching the radar, I've seen purple on it several times on the hail tracker but there was a huge area in black, said it was the hail core. 

Kim

Offline GAjen

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 05, 2007, 02:08:37 PM »
Kim that's wonderful. I'm happy for you.  O0

Offline LeeAnne151

• Trade Count: (24)
  • Members
  • With us since: 09/08/2006
    • View Profile
    • My Photo Galleries
« Reply #20 on: June 05, 2007, 02:22:21 PM »
We had the first sunny Memorial Day in six years! raining here now. Has been all day. Thunder too which is unusual here.
~LeeAnne~

“Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea.”

Robert A. Heinlein

Portland, Oregon. USDA Zone 8~Sunset Zone 6

Offline Ky Kim

• Members
  • Kimberly
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 15, 2007, 10:22:55 AM »
Ok, its time to do the dance again.  We haven't had any more rain since that 1 inch June 5th.  The yards are getting brown, just trying to keep up watering the flowers is a chore.

Hey Momma Nature, we need some rain.  :raining:, I said Hey Momma nature can you hear me.

Kim

Offline GAjen

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 15, 2007, 11:05:53 AM »
Dancing for you too.

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 
All photo's & content within copyright © 2006-2017 WorldWide WaterGardeners and it's membership "All Rights Reserved"