Author Topic: GROUP ORDER AGAIN.. BUT FOR SEMPERVIVUM AND HEUFFELII (HEN AND CHICKS)  (Read 5054 times)

Offline Bonnie

• Trade Count: (43)
  • Members
  • With us since: 09/08/2006
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
CATH Delivery Confirmation Label Number: 0103 8555 7490 0227 9104

Bonnie Delivery Confirmation Label Number: 0103 8555 7490 2325 0625

Kim Delivery Confirmation Label Number: 0103 8555 7490 1276 4867

Everyone else should have received an email notification from Paypal....

Offline Ky Kim

• Trade Count: (16)
  • Members
  • location: Louisville, Ky.....6 A/B ish, depends on which way the wind blows I think.
  • Kimberly
  • With us since: 10/08/2006
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
There here, there here............getting ready to go outside and tear into the box.   8-)~  So, excited and its so dang hot out.  Oh well, maybe I'll sweat off some lbs.

Kim

Ponds are like patato chips, ya just can't have one.

Offline Ky Kim

• Members
  • location: Louisville, Ky.....6 A/B ish, depends on which way the wind blows I think.
  • Kimberly
    • View Profile
Here ya go Bonnie, they look perfect.  You spent alot of time packing these babies up.  They were like the were tucked in their own little cool/damped bed.  I don't think they even budged.

Kim
« Last Edit: June 13, 2007, 11:42:04 AM by Ky Kim »

Offline Bonnie

• Members
    • View Profile
So glad they arrived safe..but everyone isn't as close as you are either.  I know these things are tough but I'm still concerned because it's HOT.

I couldn't leave all of them in the strips because either the strips were cracked or they wouldn't fit in the box so I just made them fit!

Geez.. I was hoping to see a pix of them planted but I'll give you a break! ;)

Offline bunny56lbc

• Trade Count: (38)
  • Members
  • With us since: 06/09/2006
    • View Profile
Well , I haven't got mine yet.... :'( .
Those look Great Kim ! Where are u going to plant them at , anywhere special ?

It sure is hot out today but I kept cool by cleaning out a 135 gal. pond . It was a mess too ,
it's the one that had a bunch of baby fishes in it . I finally caught all of them & took them in town
for a friends pond .
bonnie

Offline frloplady

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Members
    • View Profile
Don't have mine yet either, but at least it's cool on this end of the country right now!

I bought 2 planters at Joanne Fabrics.  One is a strawberry pot, glaze ceramic though.  The other is a kinda clover leaf structure on the bottom with a center pot as well.  I can tell I will have to take a picture of that one!

mary

So glad they arrived safe..but everyone isn't as close as you are either.  I know these things are tough but I'm still concerned because it's HOT.

I couldn't leave all of them in the strips because either the strips were cracked or they wouldn't fit in the box so I just made them fit!

Geez.. I was hoping to see a pix of them planted but I'll give you a break! ;)

Mary

Offline Ky Kim

• Members
  • Kimberly
    • View Profile
Ok, ya'll..........I got them done this afternoon about 5:30.  Sweat dripping or should I say pouring.  When I got done it looked like I had stuck my head in the swimming pool. 

I planted these like I did my mini garden.  Garden dirt, with a little potting soil on top to make it look clean.  I ran out of potting soil, so I went to a couple pots where I took plants out...the dirt was still good though.  It was some I used to start things in the greenhouse...only a couple months old and I know that you really shouldn't fertilize them, it can cause them to loose their color...I can't remember where I read this, but it was on a website last week.

In the one pic, it looks like alot of white stuff....this one potting mix I bought (normally I buy miracle grow potting mix, but they were out) had like starfoam pieces in it.  It feels just like packing material.  I know its not fertilizer.  Guess it suppose make the big pots fill lighter when you use alot of soil ...you got me.

But here are the pics............later on, I will separate them into more pots.  This was just a temp. fix because it was so hot out.  There all labeled an all.  It was 90 today plus humidity.

Plus I had 3 typs of sedums to plant and 2 mini hosta's to plant, and 1 tropical lily.  I had 3 boxes delivered today.....

Kim

« Last Edit: June 14, 2007, 03:21:19 PM by Ky Kim »

Offline bunny56lbc

• Members
    • View Profile
Bonnie ,
I got mine today..... @O@ . I'm trying to decide where to plant them or I might even
pot some of them up...
bonnie

They look good Kim !
Hey Kim u want to come over & plant mine for me...... {:-P;;

Offline Ky Kim

• Members
  • Kimberly
    • View Profile
Hmmm, Your close to the  Cincy Zoo.........becareful, I might take you up on that offer.  I'll tell dh sorry gotta go to Cincy.  He wouldn't care, he'd say have fun.  If I leave now 5:16  I could be there what about 7:30.   lol

Kim

Offline Indiana Karen

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Members
    • View Profile
Got mine today too O0
They look great @O@

I have pots to put them in, but forgot to get dirt.

Kim, I'm a little confused from your post, are you supposed to fertilize them?

I have never been one to keep track of names.  I'm a little overwhelmed with all of these and how I will keep track of them.  At this point, I really only want them for my enjoyment so not worried about names, but I'm afraid I'll regret it later on.

Thank you Bonnie for taking the time to do this :)

Karen

Offline Ky Kim

• Members
  • Kimberly
    • View Profile
Sorry Karen I didn't finish the word.  I meant to put  shouldn't....I re-read what I put and corrected it.

I just emailed the place these came from and asked them to feed them or not.  So hopefully they will respond with an answer and we'll be sure.

Kim

« Last Edit: June 14, 2007, 03:31:27 PM by Ky Kim »

Offline thepitclub

• Trade Count: (2)
  • Members
  • With us since: 25/05/2007
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
I swear I posted on this thread earlier, but it's gone?  ?)(? Anyways....

I got my order today also, they look great! Thanks Bonnie!!
"Do not spoil what you have by desiring what you have not; instead remember that what you now have was once among the things you had only hoped for" - Epicurus

Offline livetogarden

• Trade Count: (14)
  • Members
  • With us since: 11/08/2006
    • View Profile
I got mine today. Bonnie.....you are something else.......all the separating and packaging you did is impressive!!!
I planted some in the rocks at the edge of our pond. Others I will do tomorrow........Strawberry pot and a couple other pots.
Thanks!!!!!! I'm hoping you received my payment?
Cath
zone 5b

Offline Bonnie

• Members
    • View Profile
Glad everyone is satisfied and they have arrived in good shape.

I know that some say not to dampen semps when shipping but they were shipped with DAMP (not wet) newspaper so I felt they know best, especially with the hot temps that most of us are having right now.
A couple of days in a damp environment wouldn't do the harm that a extremely dry and hot one would....

Cath haven't received your payment yet but I know you are good for it, you've been a friend for a few years now and have trusted me with owing you.   I'd say it will be in today's mail...  If I don't receive it in a few days I'll let you know.

Everyone be sure and post pix when they start growing more and producing chicks!

Offline livetogarden

• Trade Count: (14)
  • Members
    • View Profile
Bonnie,
  I made a special trip to the post office with it early Monday morning. If it isn't in today's mail please let me know, I'll send a new payment. I took a card for a cousin in Ca. at the same time and she got that on Wed. USPS can sure keep you wondering sometimes, can't they? I mean you mailed the box to me on the same day and I got it yesterday but a small envelope coming from the other direction is still out there someplace. Go figure.
Cath
Just happened to think....I put a little 'surprise' in the envelope. I wonder if that slowed it down because it made the envelope a bit puffy.
zone 5b

Offline Bonnie

• Members
    • View Profile
Cath got it!
And thank you very much for the little surprise.. what cute post it's. O0

You must know me pretty well.. I will put them to good use, I have to write myself notes all the time!
Definately not necessary but very much appreciated! :hug:

Offline thepitclub

• Members
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
I found time to get mine planted today!  :clap:

Since I couldn't figure out where to fit them in the landscaping, I just figured I'd pot them up for now. I found the planters I was looking for at JoAnns- on sale at that.  O0

Here's a couple pics.
"Do not spoil what you have by desiring what you have not; instead remember that what you now have was once among the things you had only hoped for" - Epicurus

Offline Bonnie

• Members
    • View Profile
Amanda, I really like those planters!

Offline bunny56lbc

• Members
    • View Profile
I really like those pots , Amanda !

I did get mine all potted up today but it got dark on me before I could get picture's .
I'll get picture's tomarrow,
bonnie

Offline bunny56lbc

• Members
    • View Profile
I really like those pots , Amanda !

I did get mine all potted up today but it got dark on me before I could get picture's .
I'll get picture's tomarrow,
bonnie

Finally got around to takeing a few picture's . I planted some of the Hen's & Chick's & some Sedum's I bought from a local nursery with the one's that came from this group purchase... ::)
bonnie
« Last Edit: June 16, 2007, 08:30:34 PM by bunny56lbc »

Offline Monica

• Trade Count: (1)
  • Members
    • View Profile
how cute.  I love everyones pictures.
The irony of life is that, by the time you're old enough to know your way around, you're not going anywhere

Offline thepitclub

• Members
    • View Profile
Very creative planters Bonnie! I enjoy seeing all the different ideas everyone here comes up with!

Amanda

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 
All photo's & content within copyright © 2006-2017 WorldWide WaterGardeners and it's membership "All Rights Reserved"