Author Topic: Tammie... The Joey T's are starting to bloom and the Gloire is about too!  (Read 1057 times)

Offline El Jefe

• Trade Count: (1)
  • Members
  • Senior Chief USN Ret
  • With us since: 09/11/2006
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
 8-)~ I can't wait!!
… The soul is dyed the color of it’s thoughts. Think only on those things that are in line with your principles and can bear the light of day. The content of your character is your choice, Day by day, what you choose, what you think and what you do is WHO you become. Your integrity is your destiny, it is the light that guides your way……

Offline tammie

• Trade Count: (20)
  • Members
  • With us since: 10/08/2006
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
Yeah!  The "Glorie" is about to bloom?  Remember what I said about that lily - it might be a Glorie or it might be a Hollandia.  Better take pictures!
Tammie

Offline El Jefe

• Trade Count: (1)
  • Members
  • Senior Chief USN Ret
  • With us since: 09/11/2006
    • View Profile
The bloom appears to be white but it is just barely separated. Could be fooling me though. You can be certain I will take some pictures!
… The soul is dyed the color of it’s thoughts. Think only on those things that are in line with your principles and can bear the light of day. The content of your character is your choice, Day by day, what you choose, what you think and what you do is WHO you become. Your integrity is your destiny, it is the light that guides your way……

Offline Double S

• Trade Count: (8)
  • Members
  • With us since: 01/06/2007
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
Share pix!!! My Gloira didn't make it this winter.   >:(

Offline perplexed ponder

• Trade Count: (8)
  • Members
  • With us since: 27/03/2007
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
Can you post a pic of the Glorie? I got one off ebay and it's barely struggling along. (arrived with it's only pad snapped off and no roots) It's probably not going to make it. It's trying to put pads up, but they stay close to the tuber and are really tiny and seem to rot there.
Any suggestions to save her?
Kathy

Offline Bonnie

• Trade Count: (43)
  • Members
  • With us since: 09/08/2006
    • View Profile
Andy, you will like Joey.. a pretty yellow and a very good bloomer!

Good for you if you're already getting a bloom on Gloire du temple sur lot.....some might get one bloom a year. 
Maybe Tammie had better luck due to the fact that her ponding season is longer than some.

Offline karen J

• Trade Count: (7)
  • Members
  • With us since: 09/08/2006
    • View Profile
    • Karen's Frog Pond
Can you post a pic of the Glorie? I got one off ebay and it's barely struggling along. (arrived with it's only pad snapped off and no roots) It's probably not going to make it. It's trying to put pads up, but they stay close to the tuber and are really tiny and seem to rot there.
Any suggestions to save her?

Is it potted? Make sure it's potted, but don't cover the tuber with dirt. Lots of sun. Don't pamper it too much.
Karen
Northern Illinois, zone 5

http://www.pbase.com/karenfrogpond

Offline tammie

• Trade Count: (20)
  • Members
  • With us since: 10/08/2006
    • View Profile
I got one bloom on my Gloire last year... But it had some babies too, so I potted them up.  Of course I didn't mark the pots, but it's the only hardy I remember putting in that pool. Could be a Hollandia tho... I have several more pots, and once I know for sure what they are I'll mark them.  Then I'll have more to share!
Tammie

Offline joeyb5980

• Trade Count: (24)
  • Members
  • With us since: 21/08/2006
    • View Profile
Make sure to post a pic when the Gloire blooms! 
Joey

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 
All photo's & content within copyright © 2006-2017 WorldWide WaterGardeners and it's membership "All Rights Reserved"