Author Topic: Look what my daughter found laying on my sewing table  (Read 1218 times)

Offline Ky Kim

• Trade Count: (16)
  • Members
  • location: Louisville, Ky.....6 A/B ish, depends on which way the wind blows I think.
  • Kimberly
  • With us since: 10/08/2006
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
Look what my daughter found laying on my sewing table
« on: June 04, 2007, 08:21:06 PM »
I have a habit of getting ready to walk out the door and notice my purse feels kinda heavy.  I'll reach down and get a hand full of change and sit it on my sewing table.  Most of the time it gets put in my change bucket.  Well for some reason the last time I did it, it had just been sitting there.  Well tonight, my daughter was going to put it in the bucket and she said what is this? Then she said, look it says 1905 United States if America and it has a V on the back. 

I put in 1905 nickel and it says its a Liberty Nickel.  I don't understand how they grade coins, but I know its worth more than a nickel.  I have no idea where it came from or when.  It had to be with in the past weeks worth of change dumping.

The V side is worn, but the Liberty side looks good.  I just thought it was a cool finding something like that.

Kim

Ponds are like patato chips, ya just can't have one.

Offline JohnInFlorida

• Trade Count: (2)
  • Members
  • Middleburg, FL ~ Zn 9
  • With us since: 09/08/2006
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
Re: Look what my daughter found laying on my sewing table
« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2007, 10:43:16 PM »
Kim, that's cool. It's a real rarity to find ANY collectible coin in change anymore.

here's an excerpt and the article it came from for some basic info.

Coin values for Liberty Head V-Nickels can be found in the table below. All Liberty V-Nickels (also called Liberty Head Nickels) that have a readable date are worth at least fifteen times their face value (seventy-five cents) unless they are badly damaged or almost totally worn out.  Some Liberty V-Nickels, called key dates, are worth hundreds, even thousands of times their face value! Find out how much your Liberty V-Nickels are worth in this value table. Keep in mind that these are guidelines to help you determine if you have rare coins. To get today's current market prices, you should contact a coin dealer.

more info  http://coins.about.com/od/coinvalues/l/bl-liberty-head-v-nickel-values.htm

Keep Smilin'
John  :)
"Life is hard;
It's harder if you're stupid."
                                    John Wayne

Offline Jerry

• Trade Count: (7)
  • Members
  • "An analog guy trapped in a digital world."
  • With us since: 05/01/2006
    • View Profile
    • American Ponders!!!!!!!!!
« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2007, 11:21:39 PM »
Hey John, my wife had 65.00 in Roosevelt dimes (silver) since before we were married.  What are they worth?
yep. married her for her money, i sure had none.
Jerry
Northridge, California  
Zone 10

"Any women that tries to be the equal of a man, lacks ambition!"

American Ponders Watergardening
American Ponders Pond and Koi Forum

Offline barb

• Trade Count: (1)
  • Members
  • Connecticut
  • With us since: 11/08/2006
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 05, 2007, 04:32:27 AM »
Wow, that is cool!

Offline Daisy

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Members
  • With us since: 11/08/2006
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 05, 2007, 05:07:42 AM »
Hey thats neat Kim  O0

Offline Ky Kim

• Trade Count: (16)
  • Members
  • location: Louisville, Ky.....6 A/B ish, depends on which way the wind blows I think.
  • Kimberly
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 05, 2007, 05:10:21 AM »
Look at what this place sells them for.....wish I had one of the ones he sells for 52.00... 8-)~
But then again, I don't know what I might have yet.

http://coin-shop.com/nickel.html

Kim

Ponds are like patato chips, ya just can't have one.

Offline PondmaninAL

• Trade Count: (10)
  • Members
  • Pond God
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 05, 2007, 05:52:47 PM »
I had an old one ton Dodge truck and found a Buufalo nickel in it. I don't remember what year but I got it in a jar with unique and foreign coins. There is about a dozen wheat pennies in that jar as well.

Scott
Happy ponding,
Scott o(

ALABAMA!! 2010 BCS National Champion!!

[img width= height= alt=Click for Odenville, Alabama Forecast" border="0" height="100" width="150]http://weathersticker.wunderground.com/weathersticker/miniStates/language/www/US/AL/Odenville.gif[/img]

If you think that your question is dumb, imagine how totally stupid you will look if you don't ask it.

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 
All photo's & content within copyright © 2006-2017 WorldWide WaterGardeners and it's membership "All Rights Reserved"