Author Topic: Misc. weekend pics  (Read 2033 times)

Offline joeyb5980

• Trade Count: (24)
  • Members
  • With us since: 21/08/2006
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
Misc. weekend pics
« on: June 18, 2007, 06:26:27 AM »
Well, guys- I had a great Father's Day weekend  @O@  My wish for Father's Day was just to go out to a steak dinner, and to go to a farm about an hour away that has fish and plants.  I hadn't been there for about 9 years- I just love going there though- I could spend all day walking through their gardens enjoying their ponds, fish, and plants.  I only bought a couple of things- this thalia and corkscrew rush- both nice sizes, and for $8.50 each.

I also found in our local classifieds, an ad for a dbl washtub with legs for $25, a galv. metal barrel for $15, and galv. metal washtubs for $5  :o  The person who had them was in the same area as the fish farm we were going to, so I swung by there and bought all three  {:-P;;  Kat is shipping out 3 more lilies to me today, so I gotta have somewhere to put them all  ;D  I am going to try to get a hold of him today and see if has any more of the regular washtubs, since they are only $5 each- he said when I was there that he thought he had some more in the barn.  If so, I am going back for more!  The pic above shows the washtub I bought from him, and here are the pics of the dbl tub and barrel:

I LOVE the dbl one on the stand- it is a perfect depth for lilies, and it goes with our rustic/antique/prim theme  ;)  I know that isn't everyone's thing though, but we like it  :P  I will post some pics once I get them set up with plants and everything.

Also, here are some blooms....My irises finally bloomed this year, if only a few:

First bloom this year for my unnamed light pink (I think it might be pink starlet):

A small bloom on Arc-en-ciel:

And here is my little water gardener in training  ;)  He is my 5-year old, and LOVES to help Daddy do any type of work outside with the pond and plants.  He really is a good helper.  He cracked me up last night- we were outside bagging up a lily and some marginals to ship out, and he was helping me of course.... I have lots of duckweed in my tub with the clover I was bagging up, and he said, "Oh, Dad- do you want me to get you some DICKWEED for you to put in there?"   lol lol lol  I have GOT to go over correct pronunciation of plant names with him again!  ;D

Joey

Offline Monica

• Trade Count: (1)
  • Members
  • With us since: 11/08/2006
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
Re: Misc. weekend pics
« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2007, 06:35:10 AM »
How cute!  I have a 5 year old and you never know what they'll say.  Nice find too  O0
The irony of life is that, by the time you're old enough to know your way around, you're not going anywhere

Offline Pa Nancy

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Members
  • With us since: 13/08/2006
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 18, 2007, 07:12:31 AM »
Nice pics, cute son.

Why all the bubbles in the lily pic? Makes for an interesting picture,but they really shouldn't be there.

Offline GAjen

• Trade Count: (1)
  • Members
  • With us since: 17/05/2007
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 18, 2007, 08:19:22 AM »
Very nice and you are so creative.

Offline tranquility

• Trade Count: (72)
  • Members
  • With us since: 10/08/2006
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 18, 2007, 08:19:52 AM »
Great pics.....your little helper is adorable...
Lawanna
Life is too short...... Live, Love, Laugh !!!!

Oklahoma-45 min. from Ganderville
Zone 7a :)

Offline Kat

• Trade Count: (176)
  • Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 18, 2007, 08:32:15 AM »
Lovely lilies, cool bargain containers, definitely got a "big helper", & glad you had a great day!
Kat

There is never enough room for all of the water lilies that I want ;-)

Offline miguynmkoi

• Trade Count: (14)
  • Members
  • Smile!
  • With us since: 23/08/2006
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 18, 2007, 08:59:10 AM »
Cool finds.  I like  O0 Great pics.

Luv the cheese smile on your adorable son  8)

Offline karen J

• Trade Count: (7)
  • Members
  • With us since: 09/08/2006
    • View Profile
    • Karen's Frog Pond
« Reply #7 on: June 18, 2007, 09:01:17 AM »
Love the photos! Your little one is adorable. That double wash tub is quite a find!

I've got a couple of those wash tubs too, but haven't figured out what to do with them. Thanks for the ideas. Could you someday post pictures of how you incorporate rustic things into your garden?

I also have a lily a lot like yours. I was thinking maybe it was Carnea.

Great pics.  O0
Karen
Northern Illinois, zone 5

http://www.pbase.com/karenfrogpond

Offline Ky Kim

• Trade Count: (16)
  • Members
  • location: Louisville, Ky.....6 A/B ish, depends on which way the wind blows I think.
  • Kimberly
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 18, 2007, 10:17:21 AM »
That is funny what he calls it.  He's a cutie.  My boys when they were smaller wore bi-focals....but they didn't call it that.  We dont' even us the F word in the house.  But that is what would come out.  How embarassing....bi-f**cals, they were only about 4 at the time.  Took along time to get them to say the right word.

Your lily's and ponds look absolutely gorgeous.  Lots of beautiful blooms.  I like those wash tubs, can't wait to see what you do with the double wash tub.  I bet your place is beautiful.

Kim
« Last Edit: June 18, 2007, 11:26:09 AM by Ky Kim »

Ponds are like patato chips, ya just can't have one.

Offline thedahlialama

• Trade Count: (12)
  • Members
  • just grow it
    • View Profile
    • my photobucket site
« Reply #9 on: June 18, 2007, 11:18:37 AM »
indeed, beautiful bloom shots and some great finds. that first one is truly 'rustic'. looking forward to seeing it after your hard work goes into it!  O0

let's see - bubbles.   5 yo.  hmmmm   me thinks i'd be interrogating to see just exactly what kind of help he's been giving. possible he was helping 'clean up' the pond?  :suspect:
Our Pond & Watergardens
paradise should be at home

ed

Offline joeyb5980

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 19, 2007, 05:42:32 AM »
Thanks everyone for the compliments.  I will post pics once I get them set up and planted  :)

Nancy and Ed- not sure what the bubbles are but I am 99% positive that they aren't a result of the 5-year old- at least not this time  :P  I have had them for a couple of weeks, and it seems that water changes are helping to minimize them.  Hopefully they will be completely gone in the next couple of days.

Joey

Offline Double S

• Trade Count: (8)
  • Members
  • With us since: 01/06/2007
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 19, 2007, 07:44:54 AM »
LOVE that double tub!!!

Cutie pie son!

Offline thedahlialama

• Trade Count: (12)
  • Members
  • just grow it
    • View Profile
    • my photobucket site
« Reply #12 on: June 19, 2007, 04:39:01 PM »
Joey - be very thoughtful about where you put that corkscrew rush. i tried a couple of times with it in the pond and never had any luck - it just wouldn't take like the other rushes. then last year i put one a bit smaller than yours in the ground just a bit from where my pond runs over when filling and during the rainy season. up until sunday it was covered in wild grasses. when i uprooted them, this is what i found!!

i may already need to divide it a bit as it is interfering with everything within 2 feet of it!
Our Pond & Watergardens
paradise should be at home

ed

Offline thepitclub

• Trade Count: (2)
  • Members
  • With us since: 25/05/2007
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 19, 2007, 04:54:54 PM »
What a perfectly gorgeous lil' blonde terror you have there  ;D ( "dickweed"  lol )

Great new lily planters! I have some new lillies coming from kat too, and I hope I can find something creative as you to put them in...  :D
"Do not spoil what you have by desiring what you have not; instead remember that what you now have was once among the things you had only hoped for" - Epicurus

Offline bunny56lbc

• Trade Count: (38)
  • Members
  • With us since: 06/09/2006
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 19, 2007, 06:32:45 PM »
Love the wash tub... o(:-)...I'd love to find one in good cond. around here .
Great pic's of your plant's , I like the lily & Iris . Your little one is adorable !
bonnie

Offline maryvonne

• Trade Count: (2)
  • Members
  • With us since: 09/08/2006
    • View Profile
    • My photo albums
« Reply #15 on: June 19, 2007, 09:58:23 PM »
Your little guy is very cute. Pretty lilies too.

Maryvonne
Maryvonne
Surrey B.C.
Canada

zone 7-8

Offline puddleponder

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Members
  • With us since: 25/04/2007
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 20, 2007, 08:16:28 PM »
You hit the jackpot with those double washtubs!  I would love to come across some of those.

What is the dark pink lily behind Arc n Ciel?  It looks a lot like the one I just posted.

Offline joeyb5980

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 21, 2007, 05:18:21 AM »
Thanks for all the compliments! 

Ed- thanks for the tip on the corkscrew rush- if it seems to start doing bad, I will move it to a spot that is a bit drier  :)

Puddleponder- the pink lily in the background is Mayla  :)
Joey

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 
All photo's & content within copyright © 2006-2017 WorldWide WaterGardeners and it's membership "All Rights Reserved"