Author Topic: An angel in our family was called home today.  (Read 3536 times)

Offline Ky Kim

• Trade Count: (16)
  • Members
  • location: Louisville, Ky.....6 A/B ish, depends on which way the wind blows I think.
  • Kimberly
  • With us since: 10/08/2006
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
An angel in our family was called home today.
« on: June 19, 2007, 11:23:41 AM »
My cousin (biologically my half sister, I was adopted as an infant...one sister had me and the other took me and raised me) had twin girls 9 weeks ago.  They were only a month early, but one still had a little trouble with her lungs, and had a hole in her heart.  She had been doing well, growing great. the hole was closing up.  I got a phone call early this morning that one had died during the night or early morning. 

The mom keeps asking me why, all I could tell her is we never know why God has called one of his children home, but there is a reason.  He has a special plan for her.  She said, she's so little and its not fare.  She said I don't want to forget her, how do I go on.  I just tried to tell her, you'll never forget her.  You'll will always have her in your heart, each day will get a little easier but you will never ever forget her.  Then you have her sister, she said that's hard too because I see her and my heart breaks.  I was just lost for words on that one, except to pick her up give her extra love and never let go.

My family has had their share of heartaches when it comes to babies.  Just remember her and our families in prayer during this time. 

:'(
« Last Edit: June 19, 2007, 12:00:21 PM by Ky Kim »

Ponds are like patato chips, ya just can't have one.

Offline Mikey

• Trade Count: (4)
  • Members
  • With us since: 05/01/2006
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
Re: An angel in our family was called home today.
« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2007, 11:51:51 AM »
That is so sad.  I can explain such a horrible loss to a Christian for as Paul says, "Death, where is your sting?" but I struggle explaining it to a non-Christian because we have such different world views of our existence and purpose.  But even for the Christian who understands such tragedy the pain of the loss remains.  Sometimes the sharing of sorrow coupled with the love of a hug and complete silence is all one can do.
American Ponders Watergardening
American Ponders Pond and Koi Forum

-Mike- Husband of one, father of two, friend of many-

Cypress, CA Z-10b  NWF Certified Backyard Wildlife Habitat #24958

Offline Ky Kim

• Members
  • location: Louisville, Ky.....6 A/B ish, depends on which way the wind blows I think.
  • Kimberly
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 19, 2007, 12:00:15 PM »
Your right Mikey.  I was raised in a church all my life, and its still hard.  I hugged her and him, cried with them.  Its still just so sad.

Kim
« Last Edit: June 19, 2007, 12:06:40 PM by Ky Kim »

Offline joeyb5980

• Trade Count: (24)
  • Members
  • With us since: 21/08/2006
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 19, 2007, 12:15:03 PM »
So sorry to hear of your family's loss.   :'(  At least you can be thankful that you are still blessed to have the other twin.  And she will always have a special angel waching over her in her twin sister  :hug:  Your family is in my prayers...
Joey

Offline Bonnie

• Trade Count: (43)
  • Members
  • With us since: 09/08/2006
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 19, 2007, 12:44:01 PM »
Oh Kim, so sorry to hear this. :'(

There's never a good explanation when it comes to death.

Thoughts, prayers and Hugs, :hug:
Bonnie

Offline Cindi

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 19, 2007, 01:13:14 PM »
So sorry Kim, there are some things we will never understand and a death of a child is one of them.  Prayers being sent for you and your family.
Cindi
Cedar Springs, MI , Zone 5

Offline miguynmkoi

• Trade Count: (14)
  • Members
  • Smile!
  • With us since: 23/08/2006
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 19, 2007, 01:44:52 PM »
I'm so sorry Kim.  You comforted your cousin very well and she's fortunate to have you too.  My prayers to your family and the baby.

Offline Jerry

• Trade Count: (7)
  • Members
  • "An analog guy trapped in a digital world."
    • View Profile
    • American Ponders!!!!!!!!!
« Reply #7 on: June 19, 2007, 02:09:42 PM »
So sorry Kim, there is no way to lessen the hurt.  Just know she may be in a better place. o(:-)
Jerry
Northridge, California  
Zone 10

"Any women that tries to be the equal of a man, lacks ambition!"

Offline GAjen

• Trade Count: (1)
  • Members
  • With us since: 17/05/2007
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 19, 2007, 02:20:05 PM »
Kim, I'm so very sorry to hear this. Very sorry......prayers and thoughts your way.

Offline thedahlialama

• Trade Count: (12)
  • Members
  • just grow it
  • With us since: 11/08/2006
    • View Profile
    • my photobucket site
« Reply #9 on: June 19, 2007, 02:33:48 PM »
there are plenty of 'understandable' explanations regardless of faith. but none of them truly lessen the pain of loss. time is the only real healer in such cases.

my thoughts are going out to you and your family Kim. so sorry for you all.
Our Pond & Watergardens
paradise should be at home

ed

Offline Ky Kim

• Members
  • Kimberly
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 19, 2007, 02:35:22 PM »
By what they told me, about blood in the nose and mouth.  I believe it sounds like SIDS.  It says that often happens, because the lungs hemmorage.  Guess we'll find out in a few days.

Oh the coroner did call and said it had nothing to do with her heart.  Then I heard someone saying something about natural causes.  I'm sure they're not done with the autopsy all the way yet.

Kim

« Last Edit: June 19, 2007, 02:40:50 PM by Ky Kim »

Offline Esther

• Trade Count: (9)
  • Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 19, 2007, 02:35:47 PM »
I think we don't take the death of a child as well as we might an adult. It's like they didn't have a chance to live and missed out. Or is it that we are sad to not have time to have known the baby like we would have an adult. But I know people are pretty sad when they hear about my grandson having cancer. But we don't know what God is going to do in our lives or whether he will let us keep Braeden for a while or for a lifetime. So sad for that mommy. We lost a little girl at 6 months and you never forget. But the pain of course gets less as time goes by. She will be so busy taking care of the other twin though and that will help. 

Offline Shep

• Members
  • With us since: 29/12/2006
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 19, 2007, 03:38:15 PM »
Your line of thinking and beliefs are right on track..... all will be in my prayers

Offline LeeAnne151

• Trade Count: (24)
  • Members
    • View Profile
    • My Photo Galleries
« Reply #13 on: June 19, 2007, 03:50:05 PM »
So sorry
~LeeAnne~

“Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea.”

Robert A. Heinlein

Portland, Oregon. USDA Zone 8~Sunset Zone 6

Offline karen J

• Members
    • View Profile
    • Karen's Frog Pond
« Reply #14 on: June 19, 2007, 06:40:04 PM »
I'm sorry, Kim. That is so tragic. You & your family have my prayers.
I pray the surviving twin gives her mom a lifetime of love.
Karen
Northern Illinois, zone 5

http://www.pbase.com/karenfrogpond

Offline Kittyzee

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: June 19, 2007, 07:12:46 PM »
So sorry Kim, my prayers to you and your family :hug:
LuAnn

There are things you do because they feel right & they may make no sense & they may make no money & it may be the real reason we are here:  to love each other & to eat each other's cooking & say it was good.  ~  Brian Andreas 

Offline Ky Kim

• Members
  • Kimberly
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 19, 2007, 07:21:23 PM »
Thanks you all, you mean alot to me.

Kim

Offline Sandye

• Members
  • With us since: 17/03/2007
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 19, 2007, 08:45:22 PM »
I'm so sorry, Kim.   :'(   Losing a child is just terribly painful, but I'm glad she still has the other baby to love.  You and your family will be in my prayers.   :hug:

Offline thepitclub

• Trade Count: (2)
  • Members
  • With us since: 25/05/2007
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 20, 2007, 04:22:31 AM »
I'm so, so sorry. I know there is nothing that can be said or done that will lessen the pain. Just know prayers and thoughts are with you and your family.
"Do not spoil what you have by desiring what you have not; instead remember that what you now have was once among the things you had only hoped for" - Epicurus

Offline Daisy

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 20, 2007, 05:14:09 AM »
I'm so sorry Kim.  Losing a child has got to be the hardest thing in the world. My thoughts are with you all.  :'(

Offline Bullfrog

• Members
  • With us since: 28/04/2007
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 20, 2007, 06:19:55 AM »
I'm sorry for your families loss too and you are rihht, there are no words that can help, just be there for the Mom.

Never leave your partner, especially in a fire.

Offline Monica

• Trade Count: (1)
  • Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 20, 2007, 08:30:03 AM »
I am so sorry to hear that.  I can only imagine how horrible it would be to loose a child.  My thought and prayer for you and your family.
The irony of life is that, by the time you're old enough to know your way around, you're not going anywhere

Offline Desertponder

• Trade Count: (12)
  • Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 20, 2007, 11:46:37 AM »
How very sad for your family. Strength to all of your family. :'(
Shanna
A true-blue kiddie pool, whiskey barrel & stock tank  ponder! :yes:
If it can hold water.....it's a watergarden!

Offline tootsie

• Trade Count: (3)
  • Members
  • Meet Christian, my newest Grandson :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 20, 2007, 01:25:54 PM »
I am so sorry to hear of your loss Kim. It has only been a few years since my daughter and son in law lost their sweet baby  :'( Little gal lived not even two weeks at a teaching learning hospital. She was born with one lung and a bud. Emergency nurse blew the good lung trying to bag her  :'( I had a feeling that morning that told me it was urgent to go see baby. As I looked down at her little body with tubes and needles comming out of everywhere, I just wanted to pick her up and run away from that awful place :'( While I was there the dr. came to say that the parents had to make up their minds as to just let her die or take her off all the medical machines, I don't remember much after that, I did get to hold her tho, after :'( No, it is NOT FAIR,but I do believe God does that a plan for all the babies and children, and I can't wait to hold her when we meet again. Kim, you and your family will be in my prayers.
Patricia

Offline -Greg-

• Members
  • With us since: 27/09/2006
    • View Profile
    • Casa de Gunkel
« Reply #24 on: June 21, 2007, 06:49:25 AM »
Very sorry for your families loss Kim, you and your family will be in our prayers.

Greg

Offline luvmyasagis

• Trade Count: (9)
  • Members
  • With us since: 19/03/2007
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: June 21, 2007, 03:31:29 PM »
I am so sorry Kim , you have prayers for you and your family from here.
Have a blessed day

Offline Ky Kim

• Members
  • Kimberly
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: June 21, 2007, 07:28:37 PM »
Her funeral was today, and she looked like a dollbaby laying there.  So pretty and perfect, it was a very sad day and hard to explain to my kids.  I told them God needed a special baby.  We went over to her house and the mom was doing pretty good then.  I guess the hardest part was over, don't know how to phrase it and the Doc called her in something to help her relax a bit.  I had made both the girls one of those fleece tie blanks for the baby shower with care bears on it.  They had the casket sitting on it, man that got to me.  Broke my heart even worse.

But I was holding the other little girl and I noticed her leg twitching, then later on I saw the other do it.  Her grandma said her sister did the same thing.  The docs say everything is fine, well I would push to have it more checked out especially after this has happened.  Right now they are still saying natural causes, but the reports will be back in 4 weeks. I would at least want her to be on a apnea monitor. 

Thanks all for your prayers and thoughts, it helped.

Kim
« Last Edit: June 21, 2007, 07:35:03 PM by Ky Kim »

Offline maryvonne

• Trade Count: (2)
  • Members
    • View Profile
    • My photo albums
« Reply #27 on: June 21, 2007, 10:23:48 PM »
I'm sorry to hear about your loss and sent good thoughts to you and your family.

Maryvonne
Maryvonne
Surrey B.C.
Canada

zone 7-8

Offline Pa Nancy

• Members
  • With us since: 13/08/2006
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: June 22, 2007, 04:53:28 AM »
I'm so sorry for your loss. Prayers to you and the family.

Offline Lynn

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: June 22, 2007, 12:37:47 PM »
Kim, I don't post here often but just have to say how sorry I am about the loss in your family, it touched my heart closely because we are being guardedly optimistic about some little ones here. My girlfriend's daughter had triplets last week, they were actually due in September. Hugs and prayers for you and your family.

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 
All photo's & content within copyright © 2006-2017 WorldWide WaterGardeners and it's membership "All Rights Reserved"