Author Topic: Atlanta trip planned next month- any advice?  (Read 1131 times)

Offline joeyb5980

• Trade Count: (24)
  • Members
  • With us since: 21/08/2006
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
Atlanta trip planned next month- any advice?
« on: June 29, 2007, 08:17:04 AM »
Going to a software training class the week of July 16 in Atlanta (more specifically, Kennesaw).  Anyway, just wondered if anyone has any advice as to what to see and do while there?  Thanks for any advice.  I think so far the zoo and aquarium are on the "to do" list  ;)
« Last Edit: May 26, 2010, 08:51:13 AM by joeyb5980 »
Joey

Offline LeeAnne151

• Members
  • With us since: 09/08/2006
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
    • My Photo Galleries
Re: Atlanta trip planned next month- any advice?
« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2007, 03:47:44 PM »
I'm jealous, I'm going again next month too but will be working twelve hour (at least) days and I want to go to Zoo Atlanta!!!!! I want to go to Buckhead too but won't have a chance. :(

I know it will be hot and humid in July, pack accordingly.

I thought Chick-fil-a was delicious and so was the Georgia Peach drink I had in the airport.

The Varsity restaurant might appeal to the kids as might the Coca Cola museum.

~LeeAnne~

“Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea.”

Robert A. Heinlein

Portland, Oregon. USDA Zone 8~Sunset Zone 6

Offline thepitclub

• Trade Count: (2)
  • Members
  • With us since: 25/05/2007
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 29, 2007, 06:20:57 PM »
I spent a couple weeks visiting a friend in Atlanta a few years ago (actually Marrietta, just outside of Atlanta). I really enjoyed it there! You must try and get to the Atlanta Botanical Garden. It has an awesome aquatic plant pool filled with lotus, victoria lilies, hardy and tropical lilies. Oh and the Orchid Center is amazing.

"Do not spoil what you have by desiring what you have not; instead remember that what you now have was once among the things you had only hoped for" - Epicurus

Offline Kat

• Trade Count: (176)
  • Members
  • With us since: 10/08/2006
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 30, 2007, 05:01:26 AM »
You may want to read up on Stone Mountain to see if you'd be interested in seeing that.  Peach season will probably be over & I remember it was a couple hours away, but the peach orchards with their fresh picked peaches was delicious.
Kat

There is never enough room for all of the water lilies that I want ;-)

Offline jclements

• Trade Count: (15)
  • Members
  • With us since: 09/08/2006
    • View Profile
    • In the Garden Photoblog
« Reply #4 on: June 30, 2007, 08:29:50 AM »
The Rock City might also be worth looking into. You used to be able to go to the Cartoon Network headquarters, but that is no longer open to the public. Also, the westin hotel has a package that includes aquarium tickets. If they still have it, you might look into it.
Jessica
Dallas, TX
Photoblog:  http://jessicaclements.wordpress.com

Offline joeyb5980

• Members
  • With us since: 21/08/2006
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 02, 2007, 06:07:16 AM »
Thanks all for the ideas!  I will do some research on them!  I appreciate your input  :)
Joey

Offline luvmyasagis

• Trade Count: (9)
  • Members
  • With us since: 19/03/2007
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 02, 2007, 11:37:34 AM »
Also check out Yellow river game ranch, it is great for kids as well as adults. They have deer, ducks, bear, cougars and more. The deer will eat from your hand. http://www.yellowrivergameranch.com
Have a blessed day

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 
All photo's & content within copyright © 2006-2017 WorldWide WaterGardeners and it's membership "All Rights Reserved"