Author Topic: Miter saw  (Read 1421 times)

Offline bunny56lbc

• Trade Count: (38)
  • Members
  • With us since: 06/09/2006
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
Miter saw
« on: June 30, 2007, 06:55:11 PM »
I love Miter saw's .... o(:-)....u can just about do anything u want with them !
We have an old corn crib / barn that we are going to take down , JB said I could have all the old barn
sideing to do whatever I want with it ...too bad most of it is rotted but I can get some good boards off of it.
I made this birdhouse out of some of it . I painted a fake hole cause the darn sparrows would try to build a nest in it if it had a real hole ....silly birds .. ;D
bonnie

Offline SueSTx

• Trade Count: (5)
  • Members
  • With us since: 11/08/2006
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
Re: Miter saw
« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2007, 08:09:04 AM »
Cute birdhouse.

I'd love to have a whole shop full of wood working stuff.  I'd learn how to use it all when I retire.

Offline Julles

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Members
  • With us since: 06/06/2007
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 01, 2007, 09:41:02 AM »

Very cute.  My girlfriend and I wanted to make birdhouses for Xmas gifts, and cover them with twigs, as seen in Better Homes & Gardens.  But the craft store ones were too expensive, by the time you got all the parts and did all the glueing, etc.  Yours is really cute.

I, too, am reusing wood this week.  The builder next door tore down my fence and wrecked my arbors.  The lawsuit is finally over (I won  :) ) but I've yet to see any money.  There are repairs to be done.  There is enough wood here, though, in the wreckage, to do most of what I need to do, and I've spend the weekend building shelves for plants, and extending my deck the distance between my (now gone) fence and his fence.  Once he moved his fence off my property and onto his own, suddenly my yard is bigger, by the distance between.  I simply laid boards between my deck and his fence rails, and voilà!  1' more deck space!   ;D

Woodworking is fun!

Offline Ky Kim

• Trade Count: (16)
  • Members
  • location: Louisville, Ky.....6 A/B ish, depends on which way the wind blows I think.
  • Kimberly
  • With us since: 10/08/2006
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 01, 2007, 12:28:56 PM »
That is adorable, nice to recycle when you can and have something to be proud of.

Kim

Ponds are like patato chips, ya just can't have one.

Offline tinkster

• Trade Count: (46)
  • Members
  • With us since: 09/08/2006
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 01, 2007, 08:20:37 PM »
I love that.. I have a birdhouse I am working on now.  I am doing the "see rock city" one.  I use to love seeing those barns as a kid going through the blue ridge mountains :)

I love wood working to.  I got into cutting out the big patterns for xmas designs.. I made the reindeer and big wooden sleigh but I ruined quiet a few jigsaw blades so I gave up that hobby pretty quick :)

tinkster

Offline Monica

• Trade Count: (1)
  • Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 01, 2007, 08:36:51 PM »
lookin good Bonnie O0!  I have so many things like that that I want to do I just need a few more of me to get them done.  We just built the kids a new swing set because theirs was starting to rot and it was sooooooooo much easier with the miter saw and the miter saw stand really comes in handy too to cut boards the exact length without having to keep measuring. 

Here's a picture of it.  And we actually finished it  @O@ @O@ @O@, it seems like lots of things get started but nothing gets finished, but this did.

The irony of life is that, by the time you're old enough to know your way around, you're not going anywhere

Offline joeyb5980

• Trade Count: (24)
  • Members
  • With us since: 21/08/2006
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 02, 2007, 05:52:19 AM »
Bonnie your birdhouse looks great, and Monica the swingset is cool!   O0
Joey

Offline Monica

• Trade Count: (1)
  • Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 02, 2007, 06:34:23 AM »
Thank you
The irony of life is that, by the time you're old enough to know your way around, you're not going anywhere

Offline Bonnie

• Trade Count: (43)
  • Members
  • With us since: 09/08/2006
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 02, 2007, 03:05:46 PM »
Anyone here make and sell birdhouses??  I'd love to find a big victorian style one......

PM me if you do, please!

hey Bonnie, good job!

Offline thepitclub

• Trade Count: (2)
  • Members
  • With us since: 25/05/2007
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 02, 2007, 05:47:23 PM »
Very crafty Bonnie!
"Do not spoil what you have by desiring what you have not; instead remember that what you now have was once among the things you had only hoped for" - Epicurus

Offline bunny56lbc

• Trade Count: (38)
  • Members
  • With us since: 06/09/2006
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 02, 2007, 07:25:06 PM »
Monica ,
U finally got that swingset done !  @O@
It look's great too!
I've bought some landscapeing timbers to make a few benche's . I saw a neat picture of them in
a pattern book one time & thought I'd give it a try. It'll be alot cheaper to make them then buy 'em

Thx everyone for your comment's they're appreacited .
bonnie

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 
All photo's & content within copyright © 2006-2017 WorldWide WaterGardeners and it's membership "All Rights Reserved"