Author Topic: Pics of the granddaughters *Rats! Meant to put this in chit chat!*  (Read 2109 times)

Offline Kittyzee

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Members
  • With us since: 09/08/2006
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
Remember when summer was so carefree...the girls had a blanket under the big linden tree with their doll strollers and blankets.  What a gorgeous day (the last week has been) low humidity, 80 degrees...the sound of DH in the combine running wheat in the field next to the house...<sigh>  ah, farm life..

I coaxed my oldest daughter to help me weed flowerbeds while the girls played under the tree, and I gave them PBJ and iced tea for a snack..gotta get that pool up for them this week too   ::)

Oh yea, that's me in front of the dwarf lilac, doesn't look so "dwarf" to me, does it to you?   lol
LuAnn

There are things you do because they feel right & they may make no sense & they may make no money & it may be the real reason we are here:  to love each other & to eat each other's cooking & say it was good.  ~  Brian Andreas 

American Ponders Watergardening
American Ponders Pond and Koi Forum

Offline Julles

• Members
  • With us since: 06/06/2007
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
Re: Pics of the granddaughters *Rats! Meant to put this in chit chat!*
« Reply #1 on: July 02, 2007, 06:52:15 PM »
Just darling!  All three of them!

Say, is that one of those mugs with the Kool-Aid faces on it?  I remember those! 

Offline Kittyzee

• Members
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 02, 2007, 07:08:46 PM »
Yes!  It is!  Both girls fight over it, DD #1 found it at a garage sale and nabbed it for the kids!  ;)
LuAnn

There are things you do because they feel right & they may make no sense & they may make no money & it may be the real reason we are here:  to love each other & to eat each other's cooking & say it was good.  ~  Brian Andreas 

Offline miguynmkoi

• Trade Count: (14)
  • Members
  • Smile!
  • With us since: 23/08/2006
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 02, 2007, 07:46:25 PM »
Beauties!  Your girls are lucky to have your genes!

Offline Monica

• Trade Count: (1)
  • Members
  • With us since: 11/08/2006
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 02, 2007, 07:58:22 PM »
Love all the pics but the second picture is my favorite it is sooooooooooo cute.  You have some precious grandkids there
The irony of life is that, by the time you're old enough to know your way around, you're not going anywhere

Offline Jerry

• Trade Count: (7)
  • Members
  • "An analog guy trapped in a digital world."
  • With us since: 05/01/2006
    • View Profile
    • American Ponders!!!!!!!!!
« Reply #5 on: July 02, 2007, 10:29:39 PM »
Three beauties!!!!!!!!!! O0 O0
Jerry
Northridge, California  
Zone 10

"Any women that tries to be the equal of a man, lacks ambition!"

Offline Mikey

• Trade Count: (4)
  • Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 02, 2007, 11:10:46 PM »
Cute granddaughters!  Great photos

-Mike- Husband of one, father of two, friend of many-

Cypress, CA Z-10b  NWF Certified Backyard Wildlife Habitat #24958

Offline Jonna

• Trade Count: (2)
  • Members
  • With us since: 03/09/2006
    • View Profile
    • Blah... blah... blah... Ginger!
« Reply #7 on: July 02, 2007, 11:56:22 PM »
The grand-girls are beautiful and you are too.  You certainly don't look like a grandma!!  Beautiful pics and the word pictures you write about living on a farm are precious too.

Offline Kittyzee

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 03, 2007, 05:19:14 AM »
Thanks all for all the kind words!  I am blessed in many ways, the granddaughters are a double whammy (blessing) that is!  They love to be here, they act up awful when they leave and they're only 10 minutes away!  lol  I've told DD#1,,,ah, revenge IS so sweet!  ::)    {:-P;;   
LuAnn

Offline Esther

• Trade Count: (9)
  • Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 03, 2007, 05:29:18 AM »
Darling ladies, ALL THREE. Fun with the grandkids!!!

Offline thepitclub

• Trade Count: (2)
  • Members
  • With us since: 25/05/2007
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 03, 2007, 11:51:35 AM »
Yes, I remember those summers. I miss them too! Beautiful grandchildren, you must be so proud.

Really though, grandkids- Did you have your daughter when you were 10??  ;)
"Do not spoil what you have by desiring what you have not; instead remember that what you now have was once among the things you had only hoped for" - Epicurus

Offline Desertponder

• Trade Count: (12)
  • Members
  • With us since: 10/08/2006
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 03, 2007, 12:28:05 PM »
Awesome pictures and they look like sweet girls. :)
And YOU look way too young to be their grandmother! :) O0
Shanna
A true-blue kiddie pool, whiskey barrel & stock tank  ponder! :yes:
If it can hold water.....it's a watergarden!

Offline Kittyzee

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 03, 2007, 03:15:27 PM »
WOW,  :wub:  you all have been way too kind!  Thank you again for the wonderful compliments about me and the girls!!  I can't imagine a life without children in it, sometimes it's chaotic and noisy but it's certainly never boring!!
LuAnn

Offline SueSTx

• Trade Count: (5)
  • Members
  • With us since: 11/08/2006
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 03, 2007, 04:36:28 PM »
DD#1 must look like she is about 10 yrs old.  Beautiful family.

My hubby has been in the wheat field also.  I'm about ready to have supper before 10:00 PM for a change.  He doesn't like to eat in the field.

Offline PondmaninAL

• Trade Count: (10)
  • Members
  • Pond God
  • With us since: 10/08/2006
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 03, 2007, 05:10:00 PM »
Lovely grand kids.

And you, WOW! Were you ever in any beauty pageants? Or were you a supermodel? o(:-) 8-)~

Scott
Happy ponding,
Scott o(

ALABAMA!! 2010 BCS National Champion!!

[img width= height= alt=Click for Odenville, Alabama Forecast" border="0" height="100" width="150]http://weathersticker.wunderground.com/weathersticker/miniStates/language/www/US/AL/Odenville.gif[/img]

If you think that your question is dumb, imagine how totally stupid you will look if you don't ask it.

Offline Kittyzee

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: July 03, 2007, 07:25:44 PM »
 ::)  Thanks Scott!  No, never in any beauty pageants, had thought about modeling when I was much younger, but never did that either.  My DD#2 looks very much like me, people always think we're sisters.  I met her boss the other day and she told her "now you know what you'll look like when you get your mom's age!"   She used to hate it when people said we looked alike, but it happens so much, I think she's getting used to it.

Many times her male friends mistook me for a girlfriend of hers and have embarrassed themselves...  I went through firefighter training when I was 50, the class was full of 20 and 30 year old males, I was the only female.  On the last day of practicals we had to climb the 80 ft. ladder on the engine.  We were ALL scared, but one of the FD captains (who is a friend of mine) asked me just how old I was.  One of the younger students was standing just behind me and he heard me tell him I was 50.  In a not-so-quiet voice he hollered "DUDE, no way!"  I'm sure I was older than his mother!!   lol
LuAnn

Offline Bullfrog

• Members
  • With us since: 28/04/2007
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 04, 2007, 03:35:36 AM »
LuAnn, beautifull girls and so are you. What in the world were you doing taking firefighting training? Are you a volunteer? I'm 52 this august and still fighting fire, it does keep you in shape.

Maybe we should move this to chit chat and start a post of grandkid pictures.

Never leave your partner, especially in a fire.

Offline Kittyzee

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 04, 2007, 06:18:21 AM »
Yes, Bullfrog, I'm a volunteer.  I am a firehouse brat, grew up at the firehouse since my Dad was a FF.  After he died I thought to honor him by joining the local volunteer Box 13 Fire Associates.  One thing led to another and I took the 36 hour training.  I'm classified FF 1A volunteer level, and I also ride with the medics when they go out.

Yes, the work is strenuous, mostly upper body:  I really should be doing some strength training but we don't have a lot of fires around here and when I get to the scenes everybody has usually gone in first and the fire is knocked down.  I mostly do hose work or rehab.  They have (bless their hearts) given me the nozzle a few times and let me knock down some fire.  Our department is paid but very small thanks to the city, and they need all the hands they can get.

We SHOULD start a thread of grandkid pics, I bet that would be a well visited one too!   o(:-)
LuAnn

Offline Jerry

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 04, 2007, 08:35:16 AM »
A good idea for a thread!  Try it in "Chit Chat" because it's gonna be huge!

I thought I might have said too much when i commented above "Tree Beauties."
Scott & Bullfrog make me look like a piker! O0 @O@ O0 o(:-) O0
  Oh yeah, who is the girl in your avatar?
Jerry
Northridge, California  
Zone 10

Offline Kittyzee

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 04, 2007, 08:55:35 AM »
I believe that it is Alanis Morrisette, one of the choices of pics in the profile area...

I didn't have any pics of me, and I like her music so I used that one for the avatar.  Funny thing is, her face in that pic looks like me from the side. ::)
LuAnn

Offline miguynmkoi

• Trade Count: (14)
  • Members
  • Smile!
  • With us since: 23/08/2006
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 04, 2007, 10:46:33 AM »
That's exactly what I thought!  Whenever I see your pic I kept thinking Alaina M.  But then it is a small pic  ;D

Well, happy to see you! AND your new pic is great!  O0

Offline Jerry

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 04, 2007, 11:18:37 AM »
Alanis is a looker....................................................................too. O0

You can see my lack of knowledge of pop singers
Jerry
Northridge, California  
Zone 10

Offline Bullfrog

• Members
  • With us since: 28/04/2007
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 05, 2007, 04:01:25 AM »
Yes, Bullfrog, I'm a volunteer.  I am a firehouse brat, grew up at the firehouse since my Dad was a FF.  After he died I thought to honor him by joining the local volunteer Box 13 Fire Associates.  One thing led to another and I took the 36 hour training.  I'm classified FF 1A volunteer level, and I also ride with the medics when they go out.

Yes, the work is strenuous, mostly upper body:  I really should be doing some strength training but we don't have a lot of fires around here and when I get to the scenes everybody has usually gone in first and the fire is knocked down.  I mostly do hose work or rehab.  They have (bless their hearts) given me the nozzle a few times and let me knock down some fire.  Our department is paid but very small thanks to the city, and they need all the hands they can get.

We SHOULD start a thread of grandkid pics, I bet that would be a well visited one too!   o(:-)

That's right, I remember now you telling me this. Forgive me, I was new to the forum. Firefighting is really not for the meek and I really admire the fact that you did it to honor your father. I hope to have a ladder truck in my funeral procession. There is a lot of tradition in the fire service.

In a paid department they usually have a dedicated "truck" for fire suppression (focused on putting the fire out) and a "ladder company" that is focused on rescue. Volunteers don't have this luxury and often have to fill both roles due to the natural understaffing of people being away at work.

Paid "professional" firefighters often look down on volunteers as unprofessional and make a lot of nasty comments about them. But in a small community, it's all that we have and we do the best that we can, been there, done that.

My first interior attack I went in alone. We had one man pumping the truck, my wife feeding me hose at the door and the chief who wasn't bunkered up screaming instructions at me as I went crawling in dragging hose with an axe in my hand.

I can honestly say that was the most frightened that I have ever been in my life. You know, but people don't realize that with the smoke all the way down to the floor, it is pitch black. You are breathing out of a bottle of air that is strapped to your back and thats all of the air that you have. If the ceiling collapses on you or the floor gives away, you are trapped and will run out of air.

Anyway, now that I have done a really good job of hijacking your thread let me make my point. As a volunteer firefighter, you have my ultimate respect. Notice I didn't say as a woman firefighter because I don't want to sound condescending, but that also plays into my respect for what you do.

We had women in our department and they could take an axe to a door or tear a car apart with the jaws of life. They did whatever was called for. Once we had a fire in the middle of the day when all of the men were at work and it was all women who made the call.

They drove the truck, pulled the hose and hooked onto a hydrant. They fought the fire and it made national news. In a small town of 1,300 they were the only ones home at the time. I'll never forget the TV broadcast.

"Women have a new station in life, and it is a fire station." I was really proud of them and you should also be proud of what you do also. This could hatch a whole new thread. You also run on the ambulance so I know that you have some memorable calls. Life and death plays out every day in Smallville America.

Some of my most memorable calls weren't that dramatic, just special to me. Do you have any that you want to share? I do and we can take it to "Chit Chat". I think that you would have a unique perspective of what it's like to be a woman serving in the fire service and others would like to hear about it as it is kind of unique.

Not trying to put you on the spot, but I'm curious as I do the same thing. Like I said, I have allready hijacked your thread but I saw where the "Post pictures of your Grandkids" thread is allready started on the chit chat forum and that's where I'm heading next.

Those are some really beautiful grandaughters and we would all like to see some more pictures. That, is American Pie. Sitting on the porch eating a sandwitch, not a care in the world of "how I look taking a bite" pure innocence. I know that you and everyone else has more pictures and we will see them. They are our pride and joy.

Still, I'm curious, is there one emergency call that stands out?

Never leave your partner, especially in a fire.

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 
All photo's & content within copyright © 2006-2017 WorldWide WaterGardeners and it's membership "All Rights Reserved"