Author Topic: Going to get this today  (Read 2283 times)

Offline Esther

• Trade Count: (9)
  • Members
  • With us since: 05/01/2006
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
Going to get this today
« on: July 03, 2007, 05:49:29 AM »
 http://www.circuitcity.com/ccd/Search.do?c=1&context=&keyword=Canon+A550&searchSection=All&go.x=15&go.y=8I Cindi knew I wanted a camera that will do closeups better than mine. Most any camera will do them better  bet. Anyway, this one is on sale this week at Circuit City so am heading in to town and get it. She has a better model of the same one so will be able to help me if I have trouble learning it. 

Offline thedahlialama

• Trade Count: (12)
  • Members
  • just grow it
  • With us since: 11/08/2006
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
    • my photobucket site
Re: Going to get this today
« Reply #1 on: July 03, 2007, 09:24:28 AM »
good for you esther! i wish more people would spend that little extra and get a better camera. - they've gotten so darn cheap. i paid about the same as you are going to about 2 years ago and have less camera - but still a very good one for closeups and large detailed pics. i can only imagine that mine, or one comparable,  would be under $100 today. you're going to love it. i can already predict the future - you'll be posting more pics and we'll be ooohing and aaahing twice as much!!  O0

i also wish everybody would break down and pay at&t the $14.95 a month for basic broadband. it's so much faster - worth far more than the difference between it and dialup. really makes the internet a more enjoyable place. you get to see all the really cool pics in a matter of seconds. you get to upload your pics for posting in a matter of seconds. you get....well, just about everything in a matter of seconds!! 8)
Our Pond & Watergardens
paradise should be at home

ed

Offline Jerry

• Trade Count: (7)
  • Members
  • "An analog guy trapped in a digital world."
    • View Profile
    • American Ponders!!!!!!!!!
« Reply #2 on: July 03, 2007, 09:30:57 AM »
I am told the The Canon Power Shots are easy to use.   I just may spring for one too.  i have an excellent camera, but it is very technical and meant for someone with greater camera skills than I

Let me know Esther how it goes..
Jerry
Northridge, California  
Zone 10

"Any women that tries to be the equal of a man, lacks ambition!"

American Ponders Watergardening
American Ponders Pond and Koi Forum

Offline miguynmkoi

• Trade Count: (14)
  • Members
  • Smile!
  • With us since: 23/08/2006
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 03, 2007, 10:13:46 AM »
I love my Canon Powershot G2 from about 6 or 7 years ago and I can tell you I paid bundles for it.  I use it mercilessly especially when I travel. 

Check out this site about your camera and it will help you understand all the features of your camera http://www.steves-digicams.com/2007_reviews/a550.html
  I found this site at the time I bought my camera and it has taught me many things about using my camera.

Enjoy your new camera  O0  Now we will expect more pics  @O@ :D @O@  :whip:

Offline SueSTx

• Trade Count: (5)
  • Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 03, 2007, 10:20:27 AM »
I hope you enjoy your new camera Ester.

My landline phone provider is AT&T...believe it or not...their broadband is not available is our area.  I bet it isn't available is a lot of places or us dial-up folks would already have it.  It is even cheaper than my dialup...which is the only ISP choice I have to not pay a long distance charge for my computer connection.

Offline Desertponder

• Members
  • With us since: 10/08/2006
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 03, 2007, 10:35:36 AM »
Very nice Esther and that seems like a great price. O0

I need a new camera too. Mine is a dinosaur at 4 years old.

Annette......that is a great site! I bookmarked that for future reference. :)
Shanna
A true-blue kiddie pool, whiskey barrel & stock tank  ponder! :yes:
If it can hold water.....it's a watergarden!

Offline Cindi

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 03, 2007, 11:39:05 AM »
I'm so excited that Esther is finally taking the plunge and buying a new camera.  I told her she needed to trust me and go buy this camera.  You can't beat the price at all!!  Hers, while it has served her well, is so out dated!!  Once she gets the hang of it, she will kick herself for not buying one earlier!  LOL!!!  I'm going over there tonight so I'm sure she will be full of questions, but it will be worth it!   :)

I wish I had the option of broadband or something simaler, but all that is offered is dial up in our area.   :'(
« Last Edit: July 03, 2007, 11:46:53 AM by Cindi »
Cindi
Cedar Springs, MI , Zone 5

Offline happyoutsidegirl

• Trade Count: (3)
  • Members
  • Be An Organ Doner
  • With us since: 23/01/2007
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 03, 2007, 01:30:21 PM »
Way to go Esther, Be sure and post your first pix. I have a kodack Easy share DX6490 and it's way smarter than I am and I love it. I have Verizon phone system and guess what? I can't get the stupid broud band or the wierless here. Go figure?
I'm just happier outside!
 Debbie
SunnyEastern Wa.
zone 5-6

Offline Ky Kim

• Trade Count: (16)
  • Members
  • location: Louisville, Ky.....6 A/B ish, depends on which way the wind blows I think.
  • Kimberly
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 03, 2007, 01:55:21 PM »
Ok, you posted this at 8:29 am.....do you have it yet, do ya, do ya huh, huh....I'm ready to see some pretty pics........... ;)

Kim

Ponds are like patato chips, ya just can't have one.

Offline thedahlialama

• Members
  • just grow it
    • View Profile
    • my photobucket site
« Reply #9 on: July 03, 2007, 01:57:20 PM »
gosh, i had no idea that so many people don't have broadband available  :o

have you tried calling up and complaining? getting your neighbors to do the same? emailing repeated requests for it?

i don't think it could be that hard for them to set up if enough people in the area showed interest. i live in a somewhat remote area where most of the cable accesses are from the 70's. only decent tv access is thru satelite. but we have had dsl available for about 3 yrs now. i know they had to rewire some of the house wiring when they installed it - that's how old and out of date most things in my area are. even my cell phone barely works most of the time.

and it sounds pretty criminal to me when at&t can't provide dsl, but charges you more than that price for dial-up. i think i would complain to the public utilities commission on that one!!  >:(-

sorry to sidetrack your thread esther, but your new camera really will make more people want to see the high quality pix!! ;)

Our Pond & Watergardens
paradise should be at home

ed

Offline Jerry

• Trade Count: (7)
  • Members
  • "An analog guy trapped in a digital world."
    • View Profile
    • American Ponders!!!!!!!!!
« Reply #10 on: July 03, 2007, 02:29:11 PM »
Did you Notice on the link some better deals?   Are they safe?  I sure don't like Circuit City stores.
In so cal the help is  not knowledgeable. and they try to sell extended warranties
Jerry
Northridge, California  
Zone 10

"Any women that tries to be the equal of a man, lacks ambition!"

Offline Kittyzee

• Members
  • With us since: 09/08/2006
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 03, 2007, 03:31:59 PM »
Ed--the companies are surely running behind the times in rural areas:  many folks are clamoring to get on board but they just can't run the fiber optics and new fangled stuff fast enough.  A lot of small towns have only one large telephone company (like ours) and make it hard for competitors to get in.  They ARE moving in however, and rates have gone down and services have improved.  It will be just a matter of time, but unfortunately not fast enough for the dial-up folks.  I HATED dial up!  ;)

Congratulations Esther,,,,let's see some of those pix!! 
LuAnn

There are things you do because they feel right & they may make no sense & they may make no money & it may be the real reason we are here:  to love each other & to eat each other's cooking & say it was good.  ~  Brian Andreas 

Offline Shep

• Members
  • With us since: 29/12/2006
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 03, 2007, 04:51:08 PM »
Congratulations on your new Camera Esther!  :)

2 questions though... Where's the pix?

and couldn't you have made a camera a lot cheaper using PVC?  :P

..... but seriously you never cease to amaze me with the ideas you turn into reality, the most recent being the fountain topper..... BTW, Do you have a son named McGiver who had his own TV Show?

Offline miguynmkoi

• Members
  • Smile!
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 03, 2007, 05:50:47 PM »
 lol lol lol Good one Shep  lol lol lol :D :D

Offline Esther

• Trade Count: (9)
  • Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 03, 2007, 05:58:42 PM »
LOLOL Shep. I would be honored to be related to McGiver.  I don't know where it comes from. I just am cheap and creative. Good combination I guess. My poor DH struggles at times to visualize where I'm headed with my goofy ideas.  And sometimes they are just that, goofy and don't work out at all. Sometimes he helps give my ideas a little tweak and it turns out much better.

OK, now the camera----I did get it and it's still in the box. We went on down to the hospital where I took care of Braeden while Dawn went down to lunch by herself for the first time. Then I took the two older ones down to lunch. Then as we were leaving the hospital I saw a sign that they were having a blood drive so decided to donate. That took about an hour. So we got home about 3 and Cindi and her DH were coming for supper at 6 + the two kids wanted to swim. It is now 9. The kids are out of the pool. The supper is cleaned up. Rick and Cindi have gone home and the camera is still in the box. My old camera's computer card reader will not work on the new camera and I have to learn how to hook it up with the cord attachment I guess. The old reader also reads the memory card from the sewing maching. Sure hope the reader on the printer/copier will hold the card from the new camera.  Wish me luck.

Offline miguynmkoi

• Members
  • Smile!
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: July 03, 2007, 06:19:45 PM »
Congrats!!    @O@

Esther there will be a cord that connects to your camera that should also plug (usb) into your computer or printer.

Will we need a new category for all the millions of pics Esther is going to take?  :D ;D ;)

Offline happyoutsidegirl

• Trade Count: (3)
  • Members
  • Be An Organ Doner
  • With us since: 23/01/2007
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 03, 2007, 06:26:03 PM »
Gosh Esther! I'm pooped out just reading about your day! I wouldn't of taken any pix either.
I'm just happier outside!
 Debbie
SunnyEastern Wa.
zone 5-6

Offline Bullfrog

• Members
  • With us since: 28/04/2007
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 04, 2007, 04:15:44 AM »
Esther, I truly beleive that there is nothing that you couldn't make, you amaze me. I know men that if you hand them a screwdriver they would destroy the entire house. If they only had you on that island... what's the name of that show where the plane crashes on a deserted island?

I'm sure that you would have them flushing toilets and running water in no time.

Never leave your partner, especially in a fire.

Offline Shep

• Members
  • With us since: 29/12/2006
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 04, 2007, 08:44:41 AM »
Look forward to the upcoming pix and good luck following the directions on the camera itself and then the hardware and software to get the pix uploaded.........

My heart and prayers go out to Braeden and family.

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 
All photo's & content within copyright © 2006-2017 WorldWide WaterGardeners and it's membership "All Rights Reserved"