Author Topic: Just testing my new camera  (Read 1343 times)

Offline Sandye

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Members
  • With us since: 17/03/2007
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
Just testing my new camera
« on: July 03, 2007, 11:48:55 PM »
This (I hope) is a picture of my DH's dog, Chacho.  It was taken from about 12 feet away with my new Canon Powershot S3 IS, with 12x zoom.  I had to do some editing with the software because the original picture was 1.4 MB, and it couldn't be used on the forum.   He is lying on his lambskin type bed with an old bathrobe covering him (because his usual blankie was in the wash somewhere  :P ). 

Like I said, I'm just testing to see how the pic comes out.  :) 

Offline LeeAnne151

• Trade Count: (24)
  • Members
  • With us since: 09/08/2006
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
    • My Photo Galleries
Re: Just testing my new camera
« Reply #1 on: July 03, 2007, 11:55:55 PM »
Awww, what a sweetie
~LeeAnne~

“Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea.”

Robert A. Heinlein

Portland, Oregon. USDA Zone 8~Sunset Zone 6

Offline Sandye

• Members
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 04, 2007, 12:09:22 AM »
Thanks, LeeAnne!   I am really more thrilled that you can see his whiskers and the fact that he is greying (he's 11 years old), and you can see the fraying on the old bathrobe.  My new camera and zoom works pretty well, I think.   @O@ @O@ @O@  Oops, sorry!  I'm just excited about finally getting a digital camera.   ;D

Offline Viv

• Members
  • With us since: 10/08/2006
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 04, 2007, 12:27:59 AM »
11yrs?

He looks like a puppy Sandye.  Your camera is obviously working very well!

Offline Bullfrog

• Members
  • With us since: 28/04/2007
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 04, 2007, 04:07:51 AM »
Good shot Sandye, ain't a new camera just grand? There's nothing quite like pictures. I think it is one of the better inventions of mankind, right up there with beer and air conditioning.

Visual memories frozen in time. Great times and long lost relatives. Pets and pals, Mom when she was a real looker. Really bad shots of you wearing bell bottoms and an afro, styles long gone. Your children and then Grandchildren. I have a bunch stored at photobucket like this.

I'd love to have this in my backyard.

Every picture tells a story.

Why here's Bill and Hillary back when he didn't inhale.

What ya gonna do with all that junk? All that junk inside your trunk?

And finally, here I am enjoying Bourbon Street three days before hurricane Katrina made landfall there.

Never leave your partner, especially in a fire.

Offline Cindi

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 04, 2007, 07:19:28 AM »
Congratulations on your new camera!!  I have the sister to your camera...I have the S2 model and I just love it.  If you have any questions please feel free to email me and I'll help you as best I can.  There is also a forum for S1, S2, S3 and S5 users that might help you too...here is the link   http://www.s3users.com/forum/index.php

Great picture, btw!! 
Cindi
Cedar Springs, MI , Zone 5

Offline Sandye

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 04, 2007, 11:57:54 AM »
Oh thank God, Cindi!   Yes, I do have questions and I'm thrilled @O@ that you have an S2.  I think there is very little difference between the two cameras except mine is newer.  I'll be PMing you in the next few days.  Right now I have to clean house and get ready for July 4th celebrations.

Thank you so much for the link to the forum, too.  I'll be visiting.  :)

Viv, yes he is over 11 years old.  He's a Min Pin.  If you look close you can see some grey in the black on his head.  He used to be a solid, shiny black there.  He's now on special diet food (no sodium) because he has a small heart murmur.

Great picture of you, Bullfrog.   :)

Thanks, everyone for the congrats.  I'll be testing more pictures soon.   @O@

Offline Sandye

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 04, 2007, 03:04:58 PM »
I do have one question now for you Cindi and for other digital camera users out there (practically everybody in the world except me  ;D).  My camera is set to take Large pictures which come out over 1 MB...not too practical.  If I set it to take the Med-1, Med-2, or Small pictures, willl I lose picture quality by lowering the resolution???

Cindi, what do you have yours set on?

As you can tell, I'm very new to this.  ::)

Offline Cindi

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 05, 2007, 05:41:50 AM »
Since memory cards are so cheap I leave mine set to Large Superfine.  That way if there is ever a picture you want to enlarge you will know that you have the highest quality print.  If you really think that you won't be enlarging them over an 8 x 10 then I think you could get away with Large Fine.  I would definitely leave it set to Large and not Medium.  HTH!!  Glad I could help....I've been reading so many things on my new found hobby. 
Cindi
Cedar Springs, MI , Zone 5

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 
All photo's & content within copyright © 2006-2017 WorldWide WaterGardeners and it's membership "All Rights Reserved"