Author Topic: I'm tickled pink!  (Read 1133 times)

Offline Shae

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Members
  • With us since: 09/08/2006
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
I'm tickled pink!
« on: July 07, 2007, 05:04:44 AM »
About 3 months ago, I bought 5 really tiny new fish for the pond, 3 really golden orfe and 2 more albino catfish. They all decided to hide, and I didn't see any of them for over a month. I finally saw 1 golden orfe about a month ago, and just figured the others didn't make it. Last night when I got home from work I went out to the pond to feed the fish, lo and behold, there's 1 of the catfish just swimming around. It had about doubled in size. Now I'm hoping some of the others made it too and are just not ready to make their debut.

I took a few pics of the ponds on the 4th and thought I'd share.

These are Colorado, Queen of Siam and Texas Dawn

These are Pink Grapefruit and Surfrider

Offline Esther

• Trade Count: (9)
  • Members
  • With us since: 05/01/2006
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
Re: I'm tickled pink!
« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2007, 05:12:55 AM »
SHAE, I thought you'd dropped off the face of the earth....How's the new job going? Good I hope.

Your pond and flowers sure look great.

Offline Kittyzee

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 07, 2007, 06:11:56 AM »
Beautiful Shae!  Sure looks lush and lovely!
LuAnn

There are things you do because they feel right & they may make no sense & they may make no money & it may be the real reason we are here:  to love each other & to eat each other's cooking & say it was good.  ~  Brian Andreas 

American Ponders Watergardening
American Ponders Pond and Koi Forum

Offline SueSTx

• Trade Count: (5)
  • Members
  • With us since: 11/08/2006
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 07, 2007, 06:59:42 AM »
Pretty Blooms!

Offline miguynmkoi

• Trade Count: (14)
  • Members
  • Smile!
  • With us since: 23/08/2006
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 07, 2007, 07:12:49 AM »
Welcome back Shae!  Your pond looks great!  I must be getting better at recognizing lilies because I noticed right off that there is a beautiful Queen of Siam, actually 2, in bloom!  Just 'cause I have one too for the past 3 yrs.  AND I love blue surfrider.

Can you say impatiens?!?!?  o(:-)

Offline GAjen

• Trade Count: (1)
  • Members
  • With us since: 17/05/2007
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 07, 2007, 08:42:07 AM »
I'm so happy for you. Great looking photos.

Offline Shae

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 07, 2007, 10:04:59 AM »
Esther, the job is going great! I've been there a month now and I really like it. I don't even mind the long drive to work. I'm really hoping it will turn out to be permanent. I've been really busy this past month with the new job, my mom's real sick again and my niece was in a bad car wreck last week and had to have surgery. I haven't posted in a long time, but I've missed everyone and have a lot of catching up to do. I've lost 3 of my biggest shubs so far this year, but other than that I'm really pleased with how the ponds are coming along.

Offline maryvonne

• Trade Count: (2)
  • Members
    • View Profile
    • My photo albums
« Reply #7 on: July 09, 2007, 12:17:27 PM »
It's nice to see you back here. Good to hear the job is going well. Sorry about your niece and mom and hope they heal soon. Your pond is very beautiful. Love your pink lily. Nice to hear your fish are out of hiding and hope the rest are still there and will come out soon too.

Maryvonne
Maryvonne
Surrey B.C.
Canada

zone 7-8

Offline Shae

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 09, 2007, 03:57:12 PM »
Well now I know that both of the albino catfish made it. I finally saw both swimming around yesterday. 2 more to go!

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 
All photo's & content within copyright © 2006-2017 WorldWide WaterGardeners and it's membership "All Rights Reserved"