Author Topic: How would u handle this?  (Read 1431 times)

Offline GAjen

• Trade Count: (1)
  • Members
  • With us since: 17/05/2007
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
How would u handle this?
« on: July 08, 2007, 10:23:28 AM »
I want to put my fish in the lily pond because it is bigger and deeper than the in ground pond and make an ornamental pond out of the little pond. Our Pondmaster 950gph and is in the middle of the lily pond with a skimmer ran to the far end as seen in the photo below. Clear tubing, flexible is ran to the fishmate uv/bio filter also shown at the top end of the pond. I thought it would be nice to have a barrel or pot on the top of the pond tilted sideways and put the output hoses from the fishmate into there letting that put the water back in the pond and give a trickle flow look. The pondmaster is diverted slightly in the pond to allow proper flow to the fishmate. How would you secure the output hoses in a pot or barrel to avoid the flow backing up and running out on the ground? Or would u run the output hoses directly into the pond and hide the fishmate and hoses somehow? Thanks for any advice.

Offline koiedge

• Trade Count: (5)
  • Members
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
Re: How would u handle this?
« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2007, 11:02:34 AM »
Sounds simple enough. Looks like you just want to add a barrel to the output for decoration.

I would leave everything else as you have it.

Find a barrel or decorative feature that you like. Drill a hole or holes into the bottom of the barrel and add bulkhead fittings. First, I would seal the inside of the barrel with water proof epoxy paint. Then attach the hosed to the bulkhead fittings with barb end screw fittings.

http://www.aquaticeco.com/index.cfm/fuseaction/product.detail/iid/6835/cid/1885
http://www.aquaticeco.com/index.cfm/fuseaction/product.detail/iid/11733/cid/3035
http://www.aquaticeco.com/index.cfm/fuseaction/listings.categories/ssid/217

And you have it! A barrel spilling water into you pond. I would add some aeration for the fish as well.

Cheers,

Jeff

Offline miguynmkoi

• Trade Count: (14)
  • Members
  • Smile!
  • With us since: 23/08/2006
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 08, 2007, 11:11:57 AM »
Simple!!

Koiedge so fast and on target. 

Easy on more projects than you can handle, Jen  :D ;D :D

Offline GAjen

• Members
    • View Profile
Jeff?
« Reply #3 on: July 08, 2007, 11:17:02 AM »
Sounds good and simple so far. More filtration for Goldies/Sarassa's? And could I use this one it is a foam barrel?
http://www.drsfostersmith.com/product/prod_display.cfm?pcatid=4036&Ntt=bulkhead%20fittings&Ntk=All&Ntx=mode+matchallpartial&Np=1&pc=1&N=0&Nty=1
« Last Edit: July 08, 2007, 11:32:19 AM by GAjen »

Offline koiedge

• Trade Count: (5)
  • Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 08, 2007, 08:11:04 PM »
Yes, that bulkhead would work. Any thing with a rubber gasket.

More filtration is always better for the fish.

Cheers,

Jeff

Offline GAjen

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 09, 2007, 08:43:17 AM »
Thanks Jeff I'll follow your advice!!

Offline El Jefe

• Members
  • Senior Chief USN Ret
  • With us since: 09/11/2006
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 09, 2007, 06:17:49 PM »
GaJen not sure if this appeals to you but I purchased two of these pots from Home depot and use them on both my ponds just looks like a pot tipped over and spilled some water. It already had a hole in it and I placed a length of garden hose through and sealed the hole with silicone aquarium sealant. Seems to work great.
… The soul is dyed the color of it’s thoughts. Think only on those things that are in line with your principles and can bear the light of day. The content of your character is your choice, Day by day, what you choose, what you think and what you do is WHO you become. Your integrity is your destiny, it is the light that guides your way……

Offline GAjen

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 09, 2007, 06:22:29 PM »
Andy that looks better than the foam barrel I bought. I'll check Lowe's we unfortunately don't have a Home Depot.
Thanks for sharing.

Offline El Jefe

• Members
  • Senior Chief USN Ret
  • With us since: 09/11/2006
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 10, 2007, 02:01:33 PM »
I'll see if I can get a SKU  or a manufacturer for you. you may be able to order online or find another source for the same item.
Andy
… The soul is dyed the color of it’s thoughts. Think only on those things that are in line with your principles and can bear the light of day. The content of your character is your choice, Day by day, what you choose, what you think and what you do is WHO you become. Your integrity is your destiny, it is the light that guides your way……

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 
All photo's & content within copyright © 2006-2017 WorldWide WaterGardeners and it's membership "All Rights Reserved"