Author Topic: Kid Ponder...Missing!! Update - Eureka!!  (Read 1943 times)

Offline miguynmkoi

• Trade Count: (14)
  • Members
  • Smile!
  • With us since: 23/08/2006
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
Kid Ponder...Missing!! Update - Eureka!!
« on: July 09, 2007, 02:50:23 PM »
OK....I'm excited like heck for the lilies I'm collecting from some wonderful members of AP.  So I go out to find and purchase those plastic kiddie pools ( I wanna be like Timgod  :D).  Every big store I've been to (not naming names but I've been to all the ones in my area) have run out since before the 4th!! >:(

So I go to all the small stores.... >:( no luck.  I even saw one lady holding one while she was shopping.  I asked where she found hers and she said, holding tight to the one in her clutches, "It's the last one!"  :(  At the 99 cent store I found plastic pots, with no holes, for the lilies  @O@ but no pools  >:(  Nothing against superstores but walking into one is like being swallowed into a tornado.  :o :o :o

What does a gal have to do to be like Timgod?  Oh I mean, What does a gal need to do to set up a kiddie pool lily pond?  Maybe I can build a pond w/ a bog....like...Timgod  @O@ 

Kidding aside, I sure wish I could get the ummff to do a project like Timgod's!! 8)   

ps Timgod no need to get restraining orders,  I'm just frustrated I can't find no stinkin' kiddie pool.
« Last Edit: July 11, 2007, 01:17:02 PM by miguynmkoi »

Offline koiedge

• Trade Count: (5)
  • Members
  • With us since: 17/05/2007
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
Re: Kid Ponder...Missing!!
« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2007, 04:38:53 PM »
I was looking for the same thing at wally world. They had two sizes of plastic kiddie pools outside, then inside, I found a 6 foot by 15 high fold out pool for like 9.99!! That was the best deal by far.

Check out their web site. I bet you could order a few and the shipping would not be too bad. The one I bought was called a Snapset Pool by Sand N Sun.

http://www.onestopshopcatalog.com/r58461.html
http://cgi.ebay.com/NEW-IN-BOX-6ft-x15in-Snapset-Pool_W0QQitemZ280132268575QQihZ018QQcategoryZ116405QQcmdZViewItem

Cheers,

Jeff

Offline thepitclub

• Trade Count: (2)
  • Members
  • With us since: 25/05/2007
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 10, 2007, 04:19:30 AM »
Hey, I wanted to be like timgod first!!  lol

I can't find any kiddie pools around here either, and I searched EVERYWHERE!    :swear:

Do you have a Tractor Supply Company (TSC) in your area, or a farm store that has livestock tubs and water tanks?

That's my next plan!!  :2thumbs:

PS- Don't bother with large rubbermaid type containers- the sides just bulge out and look like they are going to

explode when filled with water...  :redface:
"Do not spoil what you have by desiring what you have not; instead remember that what you now have was once among the things you had only hoped for" - Epicurus

Offline jax

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Members
  • With us since: 08/07/2007
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 10, 2007, 09:06:38 AM »
I know your frustration.  I was on a mission to find one too, not for the fish, but for my French bulldog.  Thought he could use it outside to cool off in this heat wave but they have all been snapped up.  He likes to be outside so much but I can't let him in this heat for long so I thought that was the answer for him.  Why don't you contact the stores by phone instead of running all over and even if they are out, maybe they can get one from another one of their locations.  Just a suggestion.  Hope you find what you need.  We have a long summer to go yet and finding one is probably going to be difficult.  Good luck
Jax

Offline mascot

• Trade Count: (3)
  • Members
  • With us since: 16/06/2007
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 10, 2007, 09:12:37 AM »
...What does a gal have to do to be like Timgod?

well, first you should discuss it with your family, then take some testosterone shots for a year, then find a really good doctor, and consider a name change because "Annette" won't cut it after the operation.   lol lol
I'm broke and can't afford to pay attention, so you might have to lend me an ear.

Offline Desertponder

• Trade Count: (12)
  • Members
  • With us since: 10/08/2006
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 10, 2007, 09:18:26 AM »
Oh yeah, that's why I always buy extra snap-sets in the spring because its impossible to find them by July. Just about everyone around here is out of the plastic and the snap-set pools.
Our ACE hardware store still had a few of the plastic ones this weekend. You might look at ACE or True Value hardware stores in your area.
Our Family Dollar still had the small snap-sets last week when I was in there so I bought a couple to have on hand.

If you buy the snap-sets, you ALWAYS want to buy two and keep one as a backup. I've had them burst and trust me, you don't want to be caught in July or August with no backup for a burst pool. ::)
Shanna
A true-blue kiddie pool, whiskey barrel & stock tank  ponder! :yes:
If it can hold water.....it's a watergarden!

Offline miguynmkoi

• Members
  • Smile!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 10, 2007, 05:41:06 PM »
Blind 'too  lol lol lol

I just want something cheap and big like the super lily folks have for theirs.  If I feel like working real hard I will build a bog/pond like Timgods.  Truth be told....I'm feeling really lazy  ::) :P :)

I've been to Ace and all the other hardware, superstores and garden shops.  Nuttin' >:(- 
Next stop - I will try Toy stores.  :D

Offline CoolShades

• Trade Count: (13)
  • Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 10, 2007, 06:14:24 PM »
Oh don't be lazy go out and put together some rail ties in an afternoon and have a much better finished pond.

Offline miguynmkoi

• Members
  • Smile!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 10, 2007, 07:37:00 PM »
I've become lazy like my kids  ;D :D ;) :) 

Offline Sandyd

• Members
  • With us since: 11/08/2006
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 11, 2007, 01:01:09 PM »
I know your frustration.  I was on a mission to find one too, not for the fish, but for my French bulldog.  Thought he could use it outside to cool off in this heat wave but they have all been snapped up.  He likes to be outside so much but I can't let him in this heat for long so I thought that was the answer for him.  Why don't you contact the stores by phone instead of running all over and even if they are out, maybe they can get one from another one of their locations.  Just a suggestion.  Hope you find what you need.  We have a long summer to go yet and finding one is probably going to be difficult.  Good luck

For your bulldog you could always go to the dollar store and purchase a baby bath tub.  It would work in a pinch if you put it in the shade.

Offline miguynmkoi

• Members
  • Smile!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 11, 2007, 01:13:02 PM »
 @O@ Eureka!!! @O@

I found kiddie pools at Toys R Us!  O0  They had lots at $7.99 and $12.99.

At least my lilies will have a nice temp home  o(:-)

Thanks for all the suggestions Ponders!  ;)

Offline frloplady

• Members
    • View Profile
Re: Kid Ponder...Missing!! Update - Eureka!!
« Reply #11 on: July 11, 2007, 06:23:16 PM »
Remember someone posting they made a lily pond with 2 high stack of cinder blocks and used pond liner.  They didn't have any fish in it..so every so often the took out the end blocks for a nice pond cleaning...  O0  Of course I would HAVE to have fish in mine  ::)
Mary

Offline thepitclub

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 11, 2007, 06:25:49 PM »
So glad you found them! Can't wait for pics of the finished product.  O0
"Do not spoil what you have by desiring what you have not; instead remember that what you now have was once among the things you had only hoped for" - Epicurus

Offline miguynmkoi

• Members
  • Smile!
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 12, 2007, 01:37:07 PM »
Here are my fabulous lily ponds (I can say that now!!  @O@ :D ) which I just got in time before receiving my box full of lilies form Kat later in the afternoon!  I have filled the water all the way to the rim to accommodate the lilies today.  I'm so in LOVE with my new residents.  Also I will divide some of my hardies to keep with the fish pond and move the rest of my trops from there to the lily ponds (I said it again  @O@)

I'm happy dancing  @O@ :D @O@  lol

Offline thepitclub

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 12, 2007, 02:47:22 PM »
Yay! It looks great. When I put mine together (with lilies from kat also!) over a month ago I was as excited as you are. Then the nasty green slime water came about 2 weeks later, yuck. It's all cycled and clear now, thank goodness. Don't forget your oxygenater and floating plants, and add some pond water- all that will help clear/avoid the slimy green water. Members here helped me with that advice while I was having my temper tantrum about green, slimy water.  :)
I have lots of lily pads, but no blooms yet. I also added a couple guppies and rosie reds a couple weeks ago and now I have fry in there too.
 O0

Offline miguynmkoi

• Members
  • Smile!
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: July 12, 2007, 04:31:59 PM »
Thanks Pitclub  ;D 

I've already added water lettuce which is growing like crazy in the "fish pond" and this morning I put about 10 gf and rosies in each pool but I'm concerned the water gets too warm in the afternoon.  I'll add/change pond water to it tomorrow.  That's great advice/tip and I appreciate your help  o(:-)

Some of the lilies came with closed blooms large and small.  The small ones open up but the large ones don't probably because they're use to deeper water levels  :D  The ones that opened today: Rhonda Kay and Blue Star!  More to come in the next week or so too!! @O@

Offline thepitclub

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 13, 2007, 05:07:35 AM »
I'm sure it's MUCH warmer where you (lucky gal!), but I was worried about the water getting really warm also (full sun area); that's why I put the guppies in (tropical fish). They are flourishing!
I'm sure not being as warm here is why mine aren't blooming yet, I'll probably have to wait till August for mine to "take off". I've only had one bloom this year, a red flare, but it had a big bud on it when I recieved it from Bonnie (Bunny), and it's in a different small lily pond, not kiddie pool.

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 
All photo's & content within copyright © 2006-2017 WorldWide WaterGardeners and it's membership "All Rights Reserved"