Author Topic: Florida Sunset first bloom and other pics  (Read 1248 times)

Offline joeyb5980

• Trade Count: (24)
  • Members
  • With us since: 21/08/2006
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
Florida Sunset first bloom and other pics
« on: July 12, 2007, 10:32:30 AM »
The Florida Sunset I bought last year finally opened its first bloom today!  I LOVE this one- a very rich color that the camera does not translate fully.  A very gorgeous one that is a different shade from anything else I have. 

Georgia Peach also finally opened its first bloom in 2007 yesterday.  I have had GP since early last year and it is one of my favorites.

Mayla and Attraction still showing off

Some pond and fish pics

Hope everyone is enjoying ponding season as much as I am!  With water changes I finally seem to have eliminated nearly all of the foam/bubbles.  I added some NuFoam to my falls filter, and as of the beginning of this week I have crystal clear water to the bottom at 36", which aided me in discovering some new baby fish we didn't know we had... So far I have counted four different ones, about 1/2"-3/4" long and they are growing quickly.  One is white with black fins, one is black, one is orange and white, and one is calico- can't wait to watch them grow and their colors develop!  I have been blessed this year with lots of pleasant ponding surprises, rather than cursed with ponding disasters  O0

« Last Edit: July 12, 2007, 10:39:05 AM by joeyb5980 »
Joey

Offline Desertponder

• Trade Count: (12)
  • Members
  • With us since: 10/08/2006
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
Re: Florida Sunset first bloom and other pics
« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2007, 10:58:26 AM »
Everything is absolutely beautiful! Georgia Peach looks like a really pretty lily and I've contemplated buying that one.  :) You're Mayla is really pretty too.
I'm really enjoying watergardening this summer. I've had the best blooming season ever. O0
Shanna
A true-blue kiddie pool, whiskey barrel & stock tank  ponder! :yes:
If it can hold water.....it's a watergarden!

Offline thepitclub

• Trade Count: (2)
  • Members
  • With us since: 25/05/2007
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 12, 2007, 03:53:57 PM »
I certainly am having as much fun ponding!

Your blooms and ponds look just beautiful!

I was laughing because I have almost the same plastic lawn chair by my lily pools. I sit there all the time (as if blooms are going to just magically pop up out of the water).  lol
"Do not spoil what you have by desiring what you have not; instead remember that what you now have was once among the things you had only hoped for" - Epicurus

Offline miguynmkoi

• Trade Count: (14)
  • Members
  • Smile!
  • With us since: 23/08/2006
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 12, 2007, 04:57:28 PM »
I'm starting to enjoy my pond more now that I have the time  @O@ 
Your ponds are beautifully designed/arranged  O0  I think your Mayla is so perfect in appearance.  8)

Happy Ponding!

Offline small fish

• Trade Count: (13)
  • Members
  • With us since: 11/08/2006
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 12, 2007, 07:04:40 PM »
Very nice   @O@ and I love your pond tooo  o(:-)

Myra
Myra Shreveport, LaZone 8A

Offline bunny56lbc

• Trade Count: (38)
  • Members
  • With us since: 06/09/2006
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 12, 2007, 07:28:06 PM »
Great pictures joey ! I love the Mayla & Georgia Peach  8-)~ .Florida Sunset is nice too !
bonnie

Offline maryvonne

• Trade Count: (2)
  • Members
  • With us since: 09/08/2006
    • View Profile
    • My photo albums
« Reply #6 on: July 12, 2007, 09:37:42 PM »
gorgeous photos Joey. Your Georgia Peach is very pretty. I like Florida Sunset too.
Maryvonne
Surrey B.C.
Canada

zone 7-8

Offline perplexed ponder

• Trade Count: (8)
  • Members
  • With us since: 27/03/2007
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 13, 2007, 03:28:11 AM »
Joey your pond is gorgeous! I love the ay you did the rock edging. I keep trying to "fix mine" so you can't see liner.
Your picture of Mayla looks like a catalog photo! Georgia Peach if fabulous! Can't wait to get a flower on mine.
I have a bud about to pop on mu FLorida sunset too! Can't wait!!
Kathy

Offline joeyb5980

• Trade Count: (24)
  • Members
  • With us since: 21/08/2006
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 13, 2007, 05:32:13 AM »
Thank you everyone for the kind compliments  :)

pitclub- My Mom got us that rubbermaid garden bench a couple of years ago for our anniversary.  It really needs a cushion considering how much I sit there at the pond- it really isn't very comfortable LOL ::)

Kathy- I am ALWAYS adjusting rocks and adding more gravel to hide liner here and there- I cannot stand for a piece of my blue liner to be visible.  I am still working on that on the new round lilypond  ::)  So glad to hear you have a bud on your FL Sunset!  I hope you get a bud on your GP soon also! 
Joey

Offline Ky Kim

• Trade Count: (16)
  • Members
  • location: Louisville, Ky.....6 A/B ish, depends on which way the wind blows I think.
  • Kimberly
  • With us since: 10/08/2006
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 13, 2007, 08:48:41 AM »
Your lily's look very happy, and your ponds look great.

Kim

Ponds are like patato chips, ya just can't have one.

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 
All photo's & content within copyright © 2006-2017 WorldWide WaterGardeners and it's membership "All Rights Reserved"