Author Topic: Ms bunnie.. take a look at this waterfountain......  (Read 1331 times)

Offline tinkster

• Trade Count: (46)
  • Members
  • With us since: 09/08/2006
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
Ms bunnie.. take a look at this waterfountain......
« on: July 15, 2007, 08:04:17 AM »
I know you also make concrete leaves.... I found this picture online a few years ago on a forum and have been wanting to try it ever since,  I have made several leaves to try to kind of get use to it before I make one of these...... If your interested, maybe someday you can come down to visit or I can come up and we can make one together :)

tinkster

Offline Esther

• Trade Count: (9)
  • Members
  • With us since: 05/01/2006
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
Re: Ms bunnie.. take a look at this waterfountain......
« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2007, 10:54:48 AM »
Tinkster, I think on this forum we have this discussion about every other year about making those cement leaves. But those are really cool aren't they?

Offline SueSTx

• Trade Count: (5)
  • Members
  • With us since: 11/08/2006
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 15, 2007, 02:32:47 PM »
I really like to color of those leaves

Offline tinkster

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 15, 2007, 07:11:48 PM »
Esther.. I have had this picture for a while just trying to get the courage up to do it.. I have done a few big single leaves and I think I am ready.. really trying to coax bunny into doing it with me hehehe :)  they are pretty though and would  make a great display

Maybe even like a  "girls" get together for a weekend to create "things"  heheh... maybe kim and bunny and bonnie and whoever else is close enuff to come.  I have everything we need if I could coax people here for a visit :)

tinkster

Offline bunny56lbc

• Trade Count: (38)
  • Members
  • With us since: 06/09/2006
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 15, 2007, 07:25:29 PM »
Ooooh I like that ! It would be intersting to make .
I would love to come over sometime & make that ....if u don't live too far away that is... ;D
I wonder how they ancor the leaves in the tub ?
bonnie

Offline tinkster

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 16, 2007, 10:07:12 AM »
If you look real close to the bottom leaf that is down in the pan, there is a huge mass of concrete under it.  I believe the bottom leaf just sits on that. then I think they made the 2 leaves first and put the copper pipe connectors in the underside of two of them.   That is what I did with mine that are standing birdbaths.. works great.   Then they took the two leaves and put their copper stands in them and marked where they would need to stand and then poured just a mass of concrete with the same copper connectors positioned in  it.  Then it would come apart easily and each piece would be moveable whereas by itself impossible to move.  thats the best I can figure :)  what ya think??

tinkster

Offline bunny56lbc

• Trade Count: (38)
  • Members
  • With us since: 06/09/2006
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 16, 2007, 07:11:21 PM »
If you look real close to the bottom leaf that is down in the pan, there is a huge mass of concrete under it.  I believe the bottom leaf just sits on that. then I think they made the 2 leaves first and put the copper pipe connectors in the underside of two of them.   That is what I did with mine that are standing birdbaths.. works great.   Then they took the two leaves and put their copper stands in them and marked where they would need to stand and then poured just a mass of concrete with the same copper connectors positioned in  it.  Then it would come apart easily and each piece would be moveable whereas by itself impossible to move.  thats the best I can figure :)  what ya think??

tinkster

Sounds good to me  & easy enough to do too .

Offline Monica

• Trade Count: (1)
  • Members
  • With us since: 11/08/2006
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 16, 2007, 07:40:07 PM »
WOW that is awsome.  I would love to do something like that but first I would have to find some leaves big enough.  Hey Bonnie I might have to come for another visit  {:-P;;.

Esther.. I have had this picture for a while just trying to get the courage up to do it.. I have done a few big single leaves and I think I am ready.. really trying to coax bunny into doing it with me hehehe :)  they are pretty though and would  make a great display

Maybe even like a  "girls" get together for a weekend to create "things"  heheh... maybe kim and bunny and bonnie and whoever else is close enuff to come.  I have everything we need if I could coax people here for a visit :)

tinkster

Sounds like fun I could probably come too.  I only live a little over an hour from Bonnie (bunny).
The irony of life is that, by the time you're old enough to know your way around, you're not going anywhere

Offline tinkster

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 16, 2007, 08:58:42 PM »
I think that would be great monica!  If we can do it before it gets to cold, I have all the elephant ears leaves we could ever use.  They tend to start getting buggy holes in them though latter in the season.  Not sure if we could patch them or what.  anyway.. I would love a get together and it would be great to do it here but if somewhere else is closer, I can load up my cement and bring it to yall :)

tinkster

Offline Sandye

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Members
  • With us since: 17/03/2007
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 16, 2007, 09:57:29 PM »
Tinkster, I really love those.   8-)~   I like them even better than the birdbaths made of leaves and concrete.  If you do make one, please show us a pic of it.

I doubt if I'm close to you.  I really need to grow some elephant ears next year to try one of my own.   ;)

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 
All photo's & content within copyright © 2006-2017 WorldWide WaterGardeners and it's membership "All Rights Reserved"