Author Topic: Need prayers  (Read 1972 times)

Offline Ky Kim

• Trade Count: (16)
  • Members
  • location: Louisville, Ky.....6 A/B ish, depends on which way the wind blows I think.
  • Kimberly
  • With us since: 10/08/2006
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
Need prayers
« on: July 15, 2007, 12:00:32 PM »
Remember how my Cousin/sister lost one of her twin girls.  Well, the other one is in the hospital.  They said its something to do with her intestines/bowels being in the wrong area.  There going to try something with air, if that don't work they will have to do surgery.  Geeez, everything in my family with babies.  Just say a prayer that what ever they are trying works............

Kim

Ponds are like patato chips, ya just can't have one.

Offline thedahlialama

• Trade Count: (12)
  • Members
  • just grow it
  • With us since: 11/08/2006
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
    • my photobucket site
Re: Need prayers
« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2007, 12:25:48 PM »
my prayers are with you and your family Kim. this is a tough one for sure.  :(
Our Pond & Watergardens
paradise should be at home

ed

Offline livetogarden

• Trade Count: (14)
  • Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 15, 2007, 12:42:03 PM »
Of course I will. Anything to do with a sick child is especially hard.
Cath
zone 5b

Offline miguynmkoi

• Trade Count: (14)
  • Members
  • Smile!
  • With us since: 23/08/2006
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 15, 2007, 01:11:25 PM »
Sorry to hear that, Kim.  My prayers for the babe and her family.

Offline Jerry

• Trade Count: (7)
  • Members
  • "An analog guy trapped in a digital world."
  • With us since: 05/01/2006
    • View Profile
    • American Ponders!!!!!!!!!
« Reply #4 on: July 15, 2007, 02:38:26 PM »
What can be worse than a child going through that?
Our prayers are with you. o(:-)
Jerry
Northridge, California  
Zone 10

"Any women that tries to be the equal of a man, lacks ambition!"

American Ponders Watergardening
American Ponders Pond and Koi Forum

Offline Jonna

• Trade Count: (2)
  • Members
  • With us since: 03/09/2006
    • View Profile
    • Blah... blah... blah... Ginger!
« Reply #5 on: July 15, 2007, 03:10:33 PM »
Oh how heartwrenching.  I feel so much for the poor mother, I hope this is solved and this little girl grows up to be fine.

Offline Ky Kim

• Members
  • location: Louisville, Ky.....6 A/B ish, depends on which way the wind blows I think.
  • Kimberly
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 15, 2007, 04:54:19 PM »
Just got off the phone with the grandmother.  She said they admitted her and whatever that air test was, it turned out ok.  No surgery.    I really don't think my Aunt understands what is going on.  I think I should have went down there, from my history with my boys.  All keeps saying is there not doing nothing for her.  She's at Kosair, I'm POSITIVE that they are giving her the best care.

Kim
« Last Edit: July 15, 2007, 05:50:13 PM by Ky Kim »

Offline tinkster

• Trade Count: (46)
  • Members
  • With us since: 09/08/2006
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 15, 2007, 07:05:21 PM »
Having something wrong with your child is a heartbreak like no other for sure!  I am so glad she is doing better.  They certainly can do miracles now.  I hope things level out so the mother can have time to heal and enjoy her new baby. I had a cousin that had twins and lost one.. its a bittersweet time, happy for one, yet grieving the loss of the other. 

tinkster

Offline Esther

• Trade Count: (9)
  • Members
  • With us since: 05/01/2006
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 15, 2007, 07:09:01 PM »
Oh good. I hope the baby continues to do well. Is the mom perking along a little better yet? I would guess she would have to keep going because of the surviving twin.

Kim, having sat by my dad's bedside with his wife for three months and observing them interact with medical people, I have decided that old people with health things are their own worst enemy. Either they misunderstand what is said, or they don't hear half of it and hear the wrong half, or they turn it upside down and tell all the wrong stuff. I think my dad would be dead today if I had let his wife handle everything because of the goofy things she thought had been told to them. But fortunately she is a sweetheart and would let me jump in and ask questions to make sure I had heard correctly. Then she'd say, "How stupid that I thought that." or something like that.

Offline Bonnie

• Trade Count: (43)
  • Members
  • With us since: 09/08/2006
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 15, 2007, 07:10:11 PM »
Glad to hear that no surgery is required..

Geez, your family has been thru alot in the past year or so.

Thoughts and Prayers,
Bonnie

Offline barb

• Trade Count: (1)
  • Members
  • Connecticut
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 16, 2007, 04:31:49 AM »
I will keep her in my prayers, so far the news sounds good.

Offline Ky Kim

• Members
  • Kimberly
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 16, 2007, 12:48:02 PM »
Well it seems they were worried for nothing.  Ended up being reflux and they believe she had a virus.  Thank GOD.  At least that's what they're saying for now.

Ok Edited:  I've talked to the mother since the above.  I couldn't get a straight answer, still don't know what was really wrong. She said whatever the air thing they did to her intestines, did fix a problem.  That is why no surgery, however she does have reflux.  Whatever it was, she said she really didn't understand is very common in little ones, but most of the time the air thing fixes it.  I know this sounds like a jumble up update, but that's what I got.  The important part is, she is back hydrated and was released this afternoon.

Kim
« Last Edit: July 16, 2007, 02:31:54 PM by Ky Kim »

Offline thepitclub

• Trade Count: (2)
  • Members
  • With us since: 25/05/2007
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 16, 2007, 02:05:21 PM »
I'm so glad she's going to be okay!

Nice to think that just maybe the thoughts and prayers going your way could have helped.  :angel:
"Do not spoil what you have by desiring what you have not; instead remember that what you now have was once among the things you had only hoped for" - Epicurus

Offline Ky Kim

• Members
  • Kimberly
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 16, 2007, 06:18:18 PM »
I believe it!

Kim

Offline Monica

• Trade Count: (1)
  • Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 17, 2007, 06:27:08 AM »
I hate to hear about a child being sick I am so glad she is doing better.  I hope nothing else happens and she stays healthy.
The irony of life is that, by the time you're old enough to know your way around, you're not going anywhere

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 
All photo's & content within copyright © 2006-2017 WorldWide WaterGardeners and it's membership "All Rights Reserved"