Author Topic: I'll be in Newsday this Thursday...Link Added!  (Read 4492 times)

Offline tinkster

• Trade Count: (46)
  • Members
  • With us since: 09/08/2006
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
Re: I'll be in Newsday this Thursday...Link Added!
« Reply #30 on: September 14, 2006, 08:07:41 PM »
Joyce

What a wonderful article!  Its such a honor to you and to know you.  When one has a brush with things in life such as breast cancer, it changes many things doesnt it!  For me it was when my daughter was born with severe handicaps.  At that time I was invited to join a group consisting of therapist, drs and parents.  This group was to help write the new laws concering birth thru 3 year olds with special needs.. to make it short.. although I felt I did nothing but rant about what we needed, when the law was in place, we parents that were on this committee made a huge difference in some of the new laws.  The effects of your "naming" the lilly will probably have impacts for a long time to come in the battle and awareness of cancer.  You should be very proud!

Tinkster

Offline Jonna

• Trade Count: (2)
  • Members
  • With us since: 03/09/2006
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
    • Blah... blah... blah... Ginger!
« Reply #31 on: September 14, 2006, 10:27:14 PM »
I agree, you should be very, very proud.  Good work getting the word out.  Good work in your personal fight too, best wishes to you on winning that battle. 

Offline MikeW

• Trade Count: (1)
  • Members
  • With us since: 09/08/2006
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: September 15, 2006, 05:41:25 AM »
Nicely done there Joyce, choosing to make a difference.

It is amazing how, when you become aware of something, you find out how widespread it is.

Cheers,

Nike

Los Angeles California Zone 10

Anytime I see something screech across a room and latch onto someone's neck, and the guy screams and tries to get it off, I have to laugh, because what is that thing?

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 
All photo's & content within copyright © 2006-2017 WorldWide WaterGardeners and it's membership "All Rights Reserved"