Author Topic: My first Lego animation  (Read 2811 times)

Offline karen J

• Trade Count: (7)
  • Members
  • With us since: 09/08/2006
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
    • Karen's Frog Pond
My first Lego animation
« on: July 29, 2007, 06:54:27 PM »
I have no idea if this came out or not. Just trying!

Aw shucks. Guess it didn't work. Sorry!
« Last Edit: July 29, 2007, 09:33:23 PM by karen J »
Karen
Northern Illinois, zone 5

http://www.pbase.com/karenfrogpond

Offline Esther

• Trade Count: (9)
  • Members
  • With us since: 05/01/2006
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
Re: My first Lego animation
« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2007, 07:04:26 PM »
Want some help? If you are trying to post a picture, I think there's instructions on one of the sub forums here.  http://www.americanponders.com/forum/index.php?topic=1444.0

Offline karen J

• Members
    • View Profile
    • Karen's Frog Pond
« Reply #2 on: July 29, 2007, 09:39:54 PM »
Thanks, Esther!  :hug: That was a great tutorial (thanks Timgod!) I tried to post it as it's original gif, but nothing showed up. It seems to work as a .jpeg, does it work for you?
Edit: I don't think it is working.  :( :'(

I know the quality is very poor, but it is a learning experience for me and my old brain. Can't figure out what I'm doing wrong. Also, I never would have known how much "light" changes minute-to-minute. It's amazing. It was hard to do, as every little movement seemed to mess up the scene. Frustrating, yet rewarding.  ;) Wish I could get the thing to work!

I don't have the right software & camera, I am sure. It is simply a flipbook animation that I made with Digital Image Pro. Maybe someday I can get the right stuff to do it the right way.  :) Or just get it to work at all!
« Last Edit: July 29, 2007, 09:46:49 PM by karen J »
Karen

Offline Jonna

• Trade Count: (2)
  • Members
  • With us since: 03/09/2006
    • View Profile
    • Blah... blah... blah... Ginger!
« Reply #3 on: July 29, 2007, 09:58:39 PM »
It's working for me and it is really cute!

**edited to say that you need to set it to replay continuously or something similar.  It runs the first time it loads and then not again unless you clear the cache on your browser.  So, you don't want it to get to the end and stop.  At least, I think that's what is happening.

It really is cute.  I agree how big the light changes are, was the light natural and the sun changing?

Offline Bullfrog

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Members
  • With us since: 28/04/2007
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 30, 2007, 07:14:45 AM »
It worked for me and I thought it was really cool. Great job, I want to see more.  O0

Never leave your partner, especially in a fire.

Offline Esther

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 30, 2007, 07:29:34 AM »
It's working. So much fun I bet. I love to make little things too. But being able to couple your love of Leggos and photography and computer technology is great too. 
« Last Edit: July 30, 2007, 11:06:59 AM by Esther »

Offline Ky Kim

• Trade Count: (16)
  • Members
  • location: Louisville, Ky.....6 A/B ish, depends on which way the wind blows I think.
  • Kimberly
  • With us since: 10/08/2006
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 30, 2007, 10:59:52 AM »
I saw it and think it was great.  Never know, you might be the next educational show on tv.  Hmmm, Meet LegoMan and his friends. 

Kim

Ponds are like patato chips, ya just can't have one.

Offline Indiana Karen

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 30, 2007, 03:55:03 PM »
How cute!  Maybe one of these days when I have grandkids I will bring out all of my boys legos and get busy.

Great job!

Karen

Offline miguynmkoi

• Trade Count: (14)
  • Members
  • Smile!
  • With us since: 23/08/2006
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 30, 2007, 04:08:28 PM »
Cool!  My son always loved Legos as a little kid and still loves them now at 23 yrs old.  He'll like your motion picture!

Offline karen J

• Members
    • View Profile
    • Karen's Frog Pond
« Reply #9 on: July 31, 2007, 10:16:59 AM »
Thanks Jonna, I will dig a little deeper and find out how to do that.

And thanks, Jonna, Bullfrog, kim, & miguynmkoi.

Apparently, there are many people who make these films, and there are websites devoted to it (Brickfilms.com is one).

If you want to see a brilliant Lego movie, check this out-
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4bEP2LJv9nY

The song is a parody of Shania Twain's Any Guy of Mine, by Gino Ruberto. But the animation was created by Stephen W Nolen.

I don't know what kind of cameras or camcorders these folks are using, but the movies are just amazing.
Karen

Offline jclements

• Trade Count: (15)
  • Members
    • View Profile
    • In the Garden Photoblog
« Reply #10 on: July 31, 2007, 06:25:53 PM »
That is really cool! My 8-year-old thought it was awesome, too!
Jessica
Dallas, TX
Photoblog:  http://jessicaclements.wordpress.com

Offline karen J

• Members
    • View Profile
    • Karen's Frog Pond
« Reply #11 on: July 31, 2007, 07:36:00 PM »
Jessica, did you check out the link/ is that what you were referring to? It really is amazing. Apparently, this Nolen fellow originally started doing this to teach his son how cartoons are made. Now they do it together as a family thing...  O0

Jonna, I checked, and need to learn the right code in order to cycle the thing. Don't know if I'm ambitious enough.  ;)
Will this board recognize regular html code? Not sure if I can do that, as I'm technologically challenged.  :D

was the light natural and the sun changing?

I thought about that today and realized that you hit the nail on the head- it was natural light. There must have been clouds passing by, or whatever would cause the light to fluctuate so much. Next time I'll use all artificial light.

Thanks for the tips!
Karen

Offline emm

• Trade Count: (2)
  • Members
  • With us since: 16/08/2006
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 31, 2007, 07:41:57 PM »
Ever neat!   O0  emm

Offline Esther

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 31, 2007, 07:47:03 PM »
See what's happening? You are expanding your thinking and need to learn and know. So cool to happen while having fun. Plus it covers so much territory, it will be a learning thing and fun for your whole family I bet. Just watch.

Offline Sandye

• Members
  • With us since: 17/03/2007
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 31, 2007, 09:14:22 PM »
Jonna, I checked, and need to learn the right code in order to cycle the thing. Don't know if I'm ambitious enough.  ;)
Will this board recognize regular html code? Not sure if I can do that, as I'm technologically challenged.  :D

That's really cute, Karen!   O0  I don't think you're technologically challenged at all.  I wouldn't know how to do a flipbook animation. 

Offline jclements

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: August 01, 2007, 07:23:38 PM »
Karen, I did not check the link...we thought your animation was awesome!
Jessica
Dallas, TX

Offline jclements

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 02, 2007, 05:36:39 AM »
Ok, just got to see the youtube video. Interesting!

Here's a good one:  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O-tkqpHnxTI

and this one is pretty amazing!  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aEc8v1OWeE4

Last one. This is the music video/people version:  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pv5zWaTEVkI and this is the lego version!  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DjCL0_0Il7w
« Last Edit: August 02, 2007, 05:46:34 AM by jclements »
Jessica
Dallas, TX

Offline karen J

• Members
    • View Profile
    • Karen's Frog Pond
« Reply #17 on: August 05, 2007, 09:40:58 PM »
Jessica, that Millenium Falcon one was fantastic. A tad choppy at the end, but the creators should submit that in a contest or something... they'd win!
That "circle circle dot dot" thing was pretty funny... not sure I want my kids to watch it (I don't get half of that stuff myself), but I did have a laugh!

I just realized that "my girl" in the background of my clip is drinking way too much wine.  ;) Must be a bottomless cup!

When Matthew's little friend comes over to play, she always asks for her "girl" minifig. Then of course, Matthew has to have his "boy" minifig... then they get married... :o  over by the flowers... it's hilarious how 5 year-old minds work. They have no clue what getting married really is, they "eat pizza" at the wedding and then have a baby.  :)

I went way-over-the-top and bought a giant Lego collection on Friday (drove 50 miles away to get there). My van was so packed I couldn't see out the back. I've been sorting ever since, and I'll probably be sorting til the day I die.

I like the "Here we go again" version with the people better than the Legos. That was an instant classic.  ;D I've been hearing that tune again recently on a Nick or Nick Jr commercial...
Karen

Offline jclements

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 06, 2007, 10:10:14 AM »
Karen, speaking of sorting, I remember you posting a few years ago about getting your house organized. Yesterday, I went to a place called The Container Store and got an organizer for my mosaic glass. I never thought an organizer could be so hot, lol! I liked it so much that I went back for another one for my sewing stuff. The store's logo is 'Life is funner when you're organized.' So true! Maybe they have some bins that would be perfect for your legos?
Jessica
Dallas, TX

Offline karen J

• Members
    • View Profile
    • Karen's Frog Pond
« Reply #19 on: August 06, 2007, 09:11:31 PM »
I never thought an organizer could be so hot, too funny!

LOL Jessica, we have The Container Store here, too! Such a fun place to browse and get ideas. I love their Elfa closet system (goes on sale in Jan/Feb!). Could easily spend hours just looking.

Unfortunately, The Container Store is located quite close to the Lego store... must stay away. Far away.  ;D

My house is still not organized, but that's OK.  :)  It may not seem organized to me, but may seem highly organized to an outsider. I don't know what it is about junk mail, but I suspect that it reproduces faster than E Coli 0157:H7! ...and it is even more noxious. Or maybe laundry is more noxious... hummm

I go to that Flylady website, and have yet to figure out where the Mom's are putting all the spare marbles, orphaned pieces, broken pieces, Barbie shoes, Matchbox cars, beads, and party favor toys. Guess I need to get more aggressive with my trusty vacuum and let it all go.  ;) {-)

Karen

Offline jclements

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 07, 2007, 06:03:21 AM »
I saw a huge mail sorter at Target the other day. That's what prompted me to go to the Container store--to make sure there's nothing better than the one from Target. We get so much mail that it's not funny! This sorter goes on top of a  desk or table and has like 25 vertical slots. I suppose we could easily put in bills and coupons. It would probably be more for the coupons since most bills are electronically delivered.
Jessica
Dallas, TX

Offline karen J

• Members
    • View Profile
    • Karen's Frog Pond
« Reply #21 on: August 07, 2007, 08:21:29 PM »
Jessica, I have all my important stuff electronically delivered & paid as well. Most of the junkmail here is coupon books, "the advertiser", local free papers, reminders, etc.
I opted out of the credit card offers (you can google that), and it basically opts you out of any unsolicited credit card offers for 18 months. It's been a Godsend for us, as we were getting several per day. What a pain shredding all that stuff!
My "happy day" is no mail at all. Call me Vernon Dursley, but my goal is to actually have no mail at all (unless it's a card or something from someone I actually know)  :)

PS. or a letter from Hogwarts.  ;) @O@
« Last Edit: August 08, 2007, 09:27:05 PM by karen J »
Karen

Offline jclements

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 09, 2007, 07:50:03 PM »
LOL, Karen! DH is just about finished reading the last book to Dylan. Since he read the entire series this far, he thought it would be OK to go ahead and finish it out even though Dylan started earlier this summer reading the books himself. I think he's about half way through book 2. After a big scarry exam I have in two weeks, I might start reading them for myself. So far, I've only heard DH read them to Dylan. I suppose a letter from Hogwarts would likely come by Owl instead of the post though, LOL!
Jessica
Dallas, TX

Offline Ky Kim

• Trade Count: (16)
  • Members
  • location: Louisville, Ky.....6 A/B ish, depends on which way the wind blows I think.
  • Kimberly
  • With us since: 10/08/2006
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 15, 2007, 01:49:48 PM »
Jessica...........yes, read those books.  I've read few books in my life, just don't like to read.  One day I picked up a Harry Potter book, and read the first page, then the second and couldn't put it down.  I've now read them all. 

When the last book just came out.  My sister bought it for me, and I picked up from her the day after they were released.  I started reading it on Monday and by Thursday I had it finished.  One night I decided I was going to read a little of it before going to sleep.  I had myself all propped up in bed, started reading only had 13 chapters to go.  Well, this was at 12:30 am....the next thing I knew was my husbands alarm was going off at 4:45 am...ooops, I couldn't believe I had read all night long.

Kim

Ponds are like patato chips, ya just can't have one.

Offline whis4ey

• Members
  • With us since: 13/08/2006
    • View Profile
    • Fujiyama Japanese Garden
« Reply #24 on: August 17, 2007, 01:14:39 AM »
That is a very good start Karen
The link you referred us to is quite superb ...  now THAT must have taken ages and ages to make (weeks or months?)
Keep up the good work :)

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 
All photo's & content within copyright © 2006-2017 WorldWide WaterGardeners and it's membership "All Rights Reserved"