Author Topic: I couldn't wait to tell you  (Read 1769 times)

Offline Esther

• Trade Count: (9)
  • Members
  • With us since: 05/01/2006
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
I couldn't wait to tell you
« on: July 31, 2007, 06:25:07 PM »
OK you already know about my grandson Braeden's tumor shrinking. But to the point the doctor who read the CT scan said today it had responded in an "unusually good manner". And to the point they will do the surgery sooner than predicted, meaning at least one less Chemo treatment. And they are planning to get that other "thing"/lump at the same time. They think it is a piece of the original tumor that calcified and is dead and broke loose.

Braeden's blood counts crashed today and that is pretty much expected as it has happened before, after the chemo. So they will keep him at the hospital to keep a good eye on him to treat anything necessary quickly. As soon as he gets the transfusion and the counts stabilize, they'll go home. And the next hospitalization will be the surgery if all goes well.

Evidently the Chemo is hard on a child's hearing or something so there was another hearing test scheduled August 7. The CT Scan was scheduled August 6 to check out the original tumor and then there is another "clinic" on August 8. So that meant Dawn would have to haul him in to town three days in a row. When Kevin found out they were doing a CT for this new lump, he asked it they could extend the scan up and do the old tumor at the same time and they did. They also did the hearing test and that came out fine. So all that knocks two trips to town off their schedule and moves up the possible surgery time.

Speaking of hauling into town, remember the busted transmission on Dawn's car? Well $$$ was the issue of course. He said they had the money but it was what they had put aside to finish off their basement so was a little sad to see it have to be used for the stupid car. Well now some guys from church have at least helped him finish off one bedroom so Ian can move downstairs and Braeden and Eliana can have their own rooms for the first time in two years. Anyway, I won't go into all the details but there was money given to fix the transmission from three sources and it is all paid for.  SEE MY TEARS???!!! Then Saturday night my dad went over to visit with Dawn and Kevin and the kids and gave them some more money. I guess my dad practically had to wrestle Kevin to the floor to get him to take it. LOL. My dad was so pleased to see how good Braeden's spirits are and what a "happy go lucky" manner he has now.

God is good and we thank Him.

Offline tracey_shafer

• Trade Count: (12)
  • Members
  • With us since: 09/08/2006
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
Re: I couldn't wait to tell you
« Reply #1 on: July 31, 2007, 07:37:50 PM »
Oh, it is wonderful to hear some good news for a change. May he continue to improve.

Offline emm

• Trade Count: (2)
  • Members
  • With us since: 16/08/2006
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 31, 2007, 07:39:38 PM »
Glad that your family has had some more good news, you all need it.  Wishing for the very best outcome for Braeden.  emm

Offline Ky Kim

• Trade Count: (16)
  • Members
  • location: Louisville, Ky.....6 A/B ish, depends on which way the wind blows I think.
  • Kimberly
  • With us since: 10/08/2006
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 31, 2007, 08:17:33 PM »
Glad to hear good news.  Isn't amazing how GOD works.  Taking care of Branden and Money too.

Kim

Ponds are like patato chips, ya just can't have one.

Offline Sandye

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Members
  • With us since: 17/03/2007
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 31, 2007, 09:07:38 PM »
Yes, God is good!   o(:-)  I'm so pleased that Braeden is doing so well, Esther!   @O@ @O@ @O@

Offline livetogarden

• Trade Count: (14)
  • Members
  • With us since: 11/08/2006
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 31, 2007, 10:57:19 PM »
Wow, Esther. If this doesn't give you faith in God nothing will. Your Christian family can be such a blessing, can't it?
zone 5b

Offline Bullfrog

• Members
  • With us since: 28/04/2007
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 01, 2007, 01:21:04 AM »
Thats wonderful, finally a good break. We will keep praying for Braeden.

Never leave your partner, especially in a fire.

Offline maryvonne

• Trade Count: (2)
  • Members
  • With us since: 09/08/2006
    • View Profile
    • My photo albums
« Reply #7 on: August 01, 2007, 02:04:22 PM »
Wonderful news, Esther.

Maryvonne
Maryvonne
Surrey B.C.
Canada

zone 7-8

Offline Kristin F.

• Members
  • With us since: 16/08/2006
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 01, 2007, 04:31:58 PM »
Such GREAT news, Esther!!
Just wonderful! ..no wonder you're jumpin' with joy o(:-)
zone 8a

Offline Shep

• Members
  • With us since: 29/12/2006
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 01, 2007, 05:09:39 PM »
What wonderful  news and people that have blessed your family... I'll be praying for a "Second Helping" for you all!  :)

Offline Esther

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 01, 2007, 07:06:30 PM »
I went down today at noon to give Dawn a bit of respite so she could run down to get lunch instead of eating what is brought to Braeden that he doesn't eat.

That little guy is so sick from his numbers crashing from the last chemo treatment. His little head is so bald, his eyes were way droopy and red, and he just wanted his mommy to hold him. Eventually we pursuaded him to let her leave and shortly she returned just in time to help me catch him upchucking. It happened twice while I was there. Poor kid. His fever was 101 but I guess it is all from the crash and not an infection or actual illness. Anyway I looked at his chart where they keep track of his counts and I don't understand what these numbers exactly meant but it was something to do with the immunity. On the 29th it read 7,773 and today it is ONE.

Offline barb

• Trade Count: (1)
  • Members
  • Connecticut
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 04, 2007, 09:29:18 AM »
Poor little guy.  Overall that's good news, though. 

Offline SueSTx

• Trade Count: (5)
  • Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 04, 2007, 11:25:26 AM »
Praise the Lord for the good news...and I hope he is feeling better soon.  The fact that he has to have one less chemo is very good considering how sick he gets from them.

Offline Esther

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 04, 2007, 01:43:54 PM »
Counts are slowing rising and he may go home tomorrow. Surgery is tentatively planned in the next two weeks.

The two older kids were with me Thursday and Friday. We had a great time with neighbors and family showing up to swim for about 4 hours Thursday afternoon. While they were there, I went to Aldi's and bought 8 bags of groceries for their family seeing Mom and Dad don't have much time to shop.  Then Friday Grandpa didn't work so took 12 year old Ian to do guy things like get the oil changed on the truck, talk to the guy who is doing the reapholstery on his 62 Ford pickup, and then go for icecream. Eliana and I went to Meijer and picked up some more groceries for them, bought a clearance jumper, blouse and bolero sweater for her to wear to school. We got ice cream cones too. We picked up some school supplies for both of them. We made three batches of chocolate chip cookies in the afternoon and of course some of them went home with them. We had fun!!!

Offline happyoutsidegirl

• Trade Count: (3)
  • Members
  • Be An Organ Doner
  • With us since: 23/01/2007
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 04, 2007, 02:56:37 PM »
Such good news Esther. I give all the credit to God and the power of prayer. Keep the good news comming!
I'm just happier outside!
 Debbie
SunnyEastern Wa.
zone 5-6

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 
All photo's & content within copyright © 2006-2017 WorldWide WaterGardeners and it's membership "All Rights Reserved"