Author Topic: Naughty Gnome, drains one pond while over flowing the other, I caught him!  (Read 1575 times)

Offline Ky Kim

• Trade Count: (16)
  • Members
  • location: Louisville, Ky.....6 A/B ish, depends on which way the wind blows I think.
  • Kimberly
  • With us since: 10/08/2006
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
Bad Gnome, bad, bad, bad Gnome.   {nono}

I went out to take a peek at the ponds, and noticed the big pond was low.  I knew I had just topped them off last week.  We also got a little over an inch of rain the other day.  Even though the temps feel like h*ll outside, I knew it wouldn't evaporate that quick. 

Then I looked over to my Wakin pond, and it looked like it was filled to the rim.  It was wet around it, stood back and scratched my head a minute.  Huh, what's going on here? 

Then I looked down at the Gnome, that has a fountain on it.  One of the plants had gotten into the path of the stream that comes out of his barrel, and was flowing into the Wakin pond.  I've never had this happen before.  So, I'll just blame the Gnome.

No big deal though, I'm sure the big pond could use a little cooler water added.  It only drained it about 4 inches, but that is the big pond, that is quite abit of water.  All the bubbles you see is the UV light on the big pond.  The Koi were having a blast playing in it, it was spraying above the water surface.  I'm just glad that gnome isn't hooked up to a more powerful pump, or my marginal would have been toast, although its not on the bottom of the pond.  It just kind of hangs there.  I just have the gnome set up to keep a little circulation up around the marginals.

Kim

« Last Edit: August 23, 2007, 01:40:28 PM by Ky Kim »

Ponds are like patato chips, ya just can't have one.

Offline tranquility

• Trade Count: (72)
  • Members
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
Re: Naughty Gnome, drains one pond while over flowing the other
« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2007, 09:54:23 AM »
OH NO..Thanks for the reminder Kim.....I just remembered I am draining water from the goldie pond....
Lawanna
Life is too short...... Live, Love, Laugh !!!!

Oklahoma-45 min. from Ganderville
Zone 7a :)

Offline Ky Kim

• Members
  • location: Louisville, Ky.....6 A/B ish, depends on which way the wind blows I think.
  • Kimberly
    • View Profile
Glad to be of some help,.... ;).   

Offline Monica

• Trade Count: (1)
  • Members
  • With us since: 11/08/2006
    • View Profile
Bad gnome  {nono} {nono} {nono} {nono}!
The irony of life is that, by the time you're old enough to know your way around, you're not going anywhere

Offline Ky Kim

• Members
  • Kimberly
    • View Profile
I was just reading the post, and looked at the pictures myself again.  It does look like he did it, look at his hand.  I did catch him red handed.... lol  I didn't notice that before.

Kim

Offline Desertponder

• Trade Count: (12)
  • Members
    • View Profile
Dasterdly little fellow!! ::) Those Gnomes, they're a tricky lot. lol
Shanna
A true-blue kiddie pool, whiskey barrel & stock tank  ponder! :yes:
If it can hold water.....it's a watergarden!

Offline joeyb5980

• Trade Count: (24)
  • Members
  • With us since: 21/08/2006
    • View Profile
You gotta keep your eye on those gnomes.  That is why I have never had one- they are too mischeivous  ;D
Joey

Offline barb

• Trade Count: (1)
  • Members
  • Connecticut
  • With us since: 11/08/2006
    • View Profile
You just can't trust gnomes.   lol

Offline marla

• Trade Count: (13)
  • Members
  • With us since: 14/02/2007
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
 lol, glad I have fairies and not Gnomes.  The same thing happens to our small upper pond that is fed from the main lower pond and gravity feeds back into the main one.  Sometimes algae plugs up the screen cover to the gravity line and the little one over flows, and lowers the level on  the main pond.  However with all this rain it's getting to a point that all 3 ponds probably have had a good 25+% water change, with all the overflow.
Adopt the pace of nature;
Her secret is patience.
Town of Genesee, WI  zone 4

Offline Esther

• Trade Count: (9)
  • Members
  • With us since: 05/01/2006
    • View Profile
At least you have the Gnome to blame. Here it is just me to blame.

Offline Sandye

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Members
  • With us since: 17/03/2007
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
He's such a cute little gnome, I can't imagine that he actually did that on purpose.    {:-P;;
I love your little "ally-gator" in the first picture, too.   o(:-)

Offline milliemax

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Members
  • With us since: 02/09/2006
    • View Profile
   Love love love your gnomes! ;D
  I have several hidden through out the garden!
  It's amazine the damage they can do! >:(
  Nancy
Nancy-going crazy! Want to come?
USDA zone 8, No CA

Offline Ky Kim

• Members
  • Kimberly
    • View Profile
Sandye, that's a little dollar gator from dollar general store I got last year.  Alot of times he will get knocked off and get caught in the current and spin in circles.

Milliemax, I have several different gnomes.  I have one in the house I won't put outside.  My sister found me a Louisville Cardinal one.  Funny thing about that is, she bought it in TN.  The one in the pond you can tell he's suppose to hooked up to a water hose.  Just had to do a little adjustments and whala...he's in the pond.  I have a set playing chess, one holding a tree.  Then there is one sitting under a arbor playing a violin.  I know there's more out there, but can't think of what they are.

That naughty little gnome is coming inside this winter for a paint job, he's looking a little rough.

lol , Esther.

Marla, I wish we would get some rain.  So darn hot.

Barb, and Joey your right.  There worse than kids.  lol

Kim
« Last Edit: August 23, 2007, 08:26:23 PM by Ky Kim »

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 
All photo's & content within copyright © 2006-2017 WorldWide WaterGardeners and it's membership "All Rights Reserved"