Author Topic: I'm moving!  (Read 1791 times)

Offline PondmaninAL

• Trade Count: (10)
  • Members
  • Pond God
  • With us since: 10/08/2006
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
I'm moving!
« on: September 13, 2007, 05:36:43 PM »
October 6th is the day when we move into our new rental. An 1800 square foot double wide mobile on three acres. It's a '98 mobile home but in great shape. It has French doors going out onto a nice deck. It has a super master bath and bedroom. The kitchen is huge with the stove top in the island. It also has a living room, dining room, family room, wet bar, and two other bedrooms. Outside, there is a workshop with a large shed. As we were heading back to the truck, we noticed a big round preform sunk 2/3 in the ground. It was empty. We are finally getting out of this park. @O@ @O@ @O@

Oh, and it is very quiet there because we are getting out of the city.

Scott
Happy ponding,
Scott o(

ALABAMA!! 2010 BCS National Champion!!

[img width= height= alt=Click for Odenville, Alabama Forecast" border="0" height="100" width="150]http://weathersticker.wunderground.com/weathersticker/miniStates/language/www/US/AL/Odenville.gif[/img]

If you think that your question is dumb, imagine how totally stupid you will look if you don't ask it.

Offline miguynmkoi

• Trade Count: (14)
  • Members
  • Smile!
  • With us since: 23/08/2006
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
Re: I'm moving!
« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2007, 05:56:52 PM »
Congrats!!  Sounds like you're going to have lots to move!  Take it easy though.  Sounds like a great place.  Can't wait to see picture.

Offline Mikey

• Trade Count: (4)
  • Members
  • With us since: 05/01/2006
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 13, 2007, 06:36:03 PM »
Congrats Scott!
American Ponders Watergardening
American Ponders Pond and Koi Forum

-Mike- Husband of one, father of two, friend of many-

Cypress, CA Z-10b  NWF Certified Backyard Wildlife Habitat #24958

Offline Jerry

• Trade Count: (7)
  • Members
  • "An analog guy trapped in a digital world."
    • View Profile
    • American Ponders!!!!!!!!!
« Reply #3 on: September 13, 2007, 06:39:02 PM »
3 acres, wow!  Any plans to grow something or build a lake?  I am serious.
Jerry
Northridge, California  
Zone 10

"Any women that tries to be the equal of a man, lacks ambition!"

American Ponders Watergardening
American Ponders Pond and Koi Forum

Offline Bonnie

• Trade Count: (43)
  • Members
  • With us since: 09/08/2006
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 13, 2007, 06:54:07 PM »
I assumed you already moved?

So glad to hear this......

What part of FL?

Offline bunny56lbc

• Trade Count: (38)
  • Members
  • With us since: 06/09/2006
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 13, 2007, 07:32:47 PM »
Congradulations Scott !
bonnie

Offline Esther

• Trade Count: (9)
  • Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 13, 2007, 08:42:39 PM »
Good deal Scott. A PREFORM @O@ Whatcha gonna do with it???? 8-)~ 8-)~

Offline Johns

• Trade Count: (11)
  • Members
    • View Profile
    • Garden Endeavors
« Reply #7 on: September 14, 2007, 11:26:34 AM »
Scott,

I am sure you are happy to  get out of the "park".  When I got married, I had a Shulz 8' x 37' mobile home and moved it twice, ending in Peoria, Il.  While there, bought a  10'x 50' New Moon.  Moved it to Champaign, Il. and sold it and moved back to Charlotte, NC and into a house.   I can tell you, it is hard to keep fish in a trailer park.

Offline tammie

• Trade Count: (20)
  • Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 14, 2007, 04:48:57 PM »
Scott, I thought you were buying a place?  This new place sounds a 1000x's better than where you are now!
Tammie

Offline PondmaninAL

• Members
  • Pond God
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 14, 2007, 05:35:54 PM »
Thanks everyone.

Now to answer all the questions.

Miguynmkoi, we are going to take it easy. It's still hot here this time of year.

Jerry, plans are to work on the greenhouse design in real time. I'm not going to grow anything major right away. We have a twelve month lease after which we will continue to rent or have a chance to buy. The ponds will stay as is as well except with some improvements. The pond that is there is being set up for the little wife. She wants it but it will be used as a temporary until all is moved.

For those that missed the announcement, the other house that we were going to buy fell through. The approval couldn't be completed.

Esther, my wife claimed the preform. I may add my other preforms to it for her. She will have only goldfish in it with water lilies.

We're moving from 700 sq.ft. to 1800 sq.ft.. The only furniture that we have in the living room is a couch. That will look lost with all that room. Our table and chairs will finally come out of storage.

Speaking of storage, we have two storage units that will be emptied.

Bonnie, We're moving NW of Ocala and SW of Gainesville, FL. It is a little area called Morriston, FL.

Johns, beleive me. I know how hard it is to keep fish in a trailer park.

Scott
Happy ponding,
Scott o(

[img width= height= alt=Click for Odenville, Alabama Forecast" border="0" height="100" width="150]http://weathersticker.wunderground.com/weathersticker/miniStates/language/www/US/AL/Odenville.gif[/img]

If you think that your question is dumb, imagine how totally stupid you will look if you don't ask it.

Offline Vickie

• Trade Count: (8)
  • Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 15, 2007, 12:37:45 PM »
I am so happy for you.

Offline Sandye

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Members
  • With us since: 17/03/2007
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 15, 2007, 09:57:50 PM »
I'm happy for you, too!   @O@  You're just going to have soooo much more room...both inside and outside.  Congratulations!   O0

Offline LeeAnne151

• Trade Count: (24)
  • Members
  • With us since: 09/08/2006
    • View Profile
    • My Photo Galleries
« Reply #12 on: September 18, 2007, 11:07:10 AM »
Congratulations!!!!   O0  @O@
~LeeAnne~

“Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea.”

Robert A. Heinlein

Portland, Oregon. USDA Zone 8~Sunset Zone 6

Offline TerryB

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Members
  • With us since: 12/09/2007
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 18, 2007, 12:44:37 PM »
   Scott, I know how you feel about moving into a new place that is larger. My wife and I are packing as I write this. Saturday is the big move for us and we can't wait. Hopefully the park we are moving to is as fantastic as all the nieghbor say it is. Spme have been there for 28 years now. Its up against the costal mountains, 1/2 mile from the ocean and we have seen elk, heard cyotes and have a flock of about 100 canadian geese that feed in the meadow beside us.

We are moving from a 900 Sq ft apartment to the 1525 sq ft manufactured home we just purchased. It too has a work shop, store shed and the pond I showed on my first post. This is our first house together after 10 years of marriage. Like you, our furniture is going to look pretty skimpy. But I made a deal with the wife. She gets some new furniture and I get to renovate the pond.

Congrats on your new place. I can't imagine having 3 acres and that extra 300-400 sq ft inside. I am already complaining how far I have to walk to get around in the place.

Offline PondmaninAL

• Members
  • Pond God
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 26, 2007, 06:50:29 PM »
Remember me?

We're buying a 6x10' home made utility trailor tomorrow to help with the move. The ponds and outside stuff goes this weekend. The inside stuff goes next weekend. My neighbor across the road has a buddy with a 4x10' work table that he needs to get rid of. I'll use that in the shed of the workshop along with my 3.5x6' work table. The worst is yet to come, THE MOVE.

Scott
Happy ponding,
Scott o(

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 
All photo's & content within copyright © 2006-2017 WorldWide WaterGardeners and it's membership "All Rights Reserved"