Author Topic: More Illegal Immigration Insanity  (Read 2460 times)

Offline Mikey

• Trade Count: (4)
  • Members
  • With us since: 05/01/2006
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
More Illegal Immigration Insanity
« on: August 11, 2006, 04:47:51 PM »
http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/c/a/2006/08/10/EDGOBIQ0ND1.DTL&hw=debra+saunders&sn=004&sc=603

The above link to an article shows more insanity in our California legislature with a senate bill that will reduce the mandatory 30 day vehicle impound of a car driven by an unlicensed driver to a 1-day impound if you never have had a driver?s license before.  The proposed new law would continue to keep for 30 days vehicles of drivers whose bad driving led to the forfeiture or suspension of their license but create a loophole to give unlicensed illegal drivers their cars back overnight. The intent of this law is to protect unlicensed illegals who may be financially hurt by holding their vehicle for 30 days.

I can?t believe this crap!  The intent of the law WAS to financially hurt unlicensed drivers.  Unlicensed drivers cost untold millions/billions in property damage, not to mention the damage to life and limb.  Unlicensed drivers are ALSO un-insured drivers!  When I was a cop I took dozens of traffic collision reports involving unlicensed/uninsured motorists, many of which were illegals.  The above law has had a tremendous effect of removing these drivers from the road, keeping off those with suspended/revoked drivers licenses as well as those who have never had a driver's license.

Can you imagine what would happen to you or me if we got caught driving in Mexico with no license and no auto insurance?  The ?leaders? in this state are insane??as are a vast number of the voters that elected them?.
American Ponders Watergardening
American Ponders Pond and Koi Forum

-Mike- Husband of one, father of two, friend of many-

Cypress, CA Z-10b  NWF Certified Backyard Wildlife Habitat #24958

Offline JohnInFlorida

• Trade Count: (2)
  • Members
  • Middleburg, FL ~ Zn 9
  • With us since: 09/08/2006
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
Re: More Illegal Immigration Insanity
« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2006, 05:26:18 PM »
Mikey,
You're a man after my own heart.

I've a favorite bumper sticker ... I think you'd like it too ...

"Where are we going and why am I in this handbasket?"

Keep Smilin'
John  :)
"Life is hard;
It's harder if you're stupid."
                                    John Wayne

Offline EagleEye

• Trade Count: (5)
  • Members
  • zone 5, Sauk City, WI
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 11, 2006, 06:33:01 PM »
You guys post pictures of the beautiful flower gardens and vegetable farms out there in CA. Who do you think takes care of them?
I know damn well who it is. It's the illegal mexican. Right?
Your'e spoiled, and you did it.
Steve
My Biggest Worry Is That the other half (when I'm dead)  Will Sell My Fishing Stuff For What I Said I Paid For It

Offline Mikey

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 11, 2006, 08:32:15 PM »
Your right about our use of migrant workers.  Without them our ag industry would go under.  We even have a Guatamalan lady who comes every two weeks to do house cleaning for us.  She does great work and I think we pay her well, certainly well above minimum wage.  She's usually here for about 4 hours and we pay her $75.00 which comes out to nearly 19 bucks an hour.  She has a green card and flies back to Guatamala at Christmas each year.  I have no problem with legal (green card) migrant workers coming here by the millions to work.  I have a problem with employers who hire illegals and with the ILLEGALS who cost locals billions of tax dollars each year.

Offline barb

• Trade Count: (1)
  • Members
  • Connecticut
  • With us since: 11/08/2006
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 12, 2006, 09:38:55 AM »
That makes no sense.

And this board has some feisty threads, I never noticed all this aggression previously.  I guess it was because I was mostly looking at the pond pics.   :-\

Offline Mikey

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 12, 2006, 01:27:51 PM »
Which part makes no sense Barb?  I didn't notice any hostility in this thread.  Opinions yes, but I thought they were presented civilly. >:(-  ;)  Am I wrong?

Offline EagleEye

• Trade Count: (5)
  • Members
  • zone 5, Sauk City, WI
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 12, 2006, 02:53:02 PM »
She is probably refering to mine. It certainly was not meant to be hostile, which you guys know. It is just that with Mexico being just south of you guys, and the Mexicans wanting to work, and us white folks getting lazier, they would get the job, and wouldn't hesitate doing it.
It is not an easy thing to deal with as you know. They, illegals, want more money to take care of their families, and we give it to them.
But things have gotten out of hand. And now something has to be done.
There are some good ideas out there, but unfortunately, they come from the people that can't do anything about it. US
Our officials need to LISTEN!
Can't really imagine how to go about that.

Steve
My Biggest Worry Is That the other half (when I'm dead)  Will Sell My Fishing Stuff For What I Said I Paid For It

Offline Mikey

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 12, 2006, 03:18:52 PM »
Our officials need to LISTEN!  Can't really imagine how to go about that.
I can't argue with that......  We recalled Governor Gray Davis, a Democrat, in 2003 because he wasn't getting the message on over spending and I'm not against doing the same for Republican Schwarzenegger on illegal aliens if he doesn't get the message.  Things will be different when I'm king. ::)  Not necessarily any better, just different...  :D ;)

Offline barb

• Trade Count: (1)
  • Members
  • Connecticut
  • With us since: 11/08/2006
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 13, 2006, 06:42:10 AM »
Which part makes no sense Barb?  I didn't notice any hostility in this thread.  Opinions yes, but I thought they were presented civilly. >:(-  ;)  Am I wrong?

I meant the California law makes no sense.  I don't think unlicensed drivers should get their cars back so quickly whether they are legal citizens or not. 

Where I live in Connecticut our illegals often make more money than legal citizens do.  We've known several to stay in the country illegally, send $$ back home, move back to their home country, then re-enter the U.S. legally, and then buy a house with the money they previously saved.  And houses here cost several hundred thousand dollars.  That irritates me.  My husband works in the construction business, and sees it happen all the time.  (he doesn't hire illegal workers)  I'm not referring just to Mexicans, but other illegal nationalities as well.  One in ten citizens in our state was foreign born, so we have a lot of immigrants, both legal and illegal, from all over the place.  But I really know nothing about the illegal immigrant situation in California, only what I've seen where I live.

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 
All photo's & content within copyright © 2006-2017 WorldWide WaterGardeners and it's membership "All Rights Reserved"