Author Topic: I found FOUR sets...WOW, I am thrilled!!!!  (Read 1048 times)

Offline Sandye

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Members
  • With us since: 17/03/2007
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
I found FOUR sets...WOW, I am thrilled!!!!
« on: September 18, 2007, 01:37:12 PM »
Four sets of what, you ask?  Well, I started checking our five kittens last night and found four sets of testes!   @O@ @O@ @O@  @O@   

That means we only have to have one more female spayed in order to keep from being overrun with cats (Miss Kitty has already been taken care of).  I was really worried that I would have to pay almost $200 each to get all the kittens fixed.  I know the four little toms are more likely to roam if they're not neutered, but I'm just going to hope they find their way back home.

In case you're wondering why we still have five kittens, Gizmo (the little kitty that hitchhiked to Olathe) came back.  Although the lady who had her really liked her, she didn't want the expense of having her fixed and declawed in order to keep her in an apartment.

Good luck has come my way, at last!   ;D

Offline ladybug

• Members
  • i went sky diving this year, amazing!!
  • With us since: 09/08/2006
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
    • ladybug's garden spot
Re: I found FOUR sets...WOW, I am thrilled!!!!
« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2007, 03:17:41 PM »
i know what you mean in hopes that you don't have to spend the extra money on the boys.  but.....please as a responsible pet owner reconsider and have them all neutered.  the cat population will continue to explode with your boys out there in search of more girl cats that haven't been spade either.    i always respected bob barker when he ended each show with "remember to spay or neuter your pets".  it is very important.  it gets worse with each passing day.
ladybug
life is too short to be unhappy

zone 7b

Offline Sandye

• Members
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 18, 2007, 10:08:29 PM »
Ladybug, although you have a good point, and in an ideal situation I would have the four toms fixed, I don't think you understand the whole situation.  First of all, they are not necessarily pets in that I sought them out and bought or took them from someone.  They are "barn cats," or outdoor cats.  Miss Kitty found us last year during the coldest part of the winter, and because I felt sorry for her, I fed her and gave her warm shelter outside.  She had five kittens in May, which surprised me because she didn't look big at all.  (OK, at this point, it was partly my fault for not taking her to the vet sooner to get her spayed.)  I intended to keep two of the kittens and try to give away the other three.  Then I found out that it was really hard to get rid of kittens.

I thought that I had really lucked out that four of the kittens were toms, because we are both retired, and I don't have an extra $1000 to get all of the kittens fixed and all of the shots and medicines they need.  It's really only an option of keeping and feeding all six cats or taking some of them to a shelter (where they will eventually be killed).

We have a blue point Siamese in the house who is very pampered and loved, and has all the veterinary care and special food he could possibly need.  He is my pet, and I take good care of him.  The ones outside are not very tame, although they will tolerate being petted.  I will get their rabies shots and FIV shots and feed them, but I really can't spend a lot more on them.   :(

Offline stacig

• Members
  • With us since: 17/08/2006
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 26, 2007, 11:38:03 AM »
the spca and humane socity spays cats for any where from 20 to 40 dollars.they also have special programs were the do it for free.

Offline Sandye

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 26, 2007, 10:39:48 PM »
Thanks, Staci.  I'll check that out.  Twenty to forty dollars each I could manage.    ;D

We live out in the country near to a fairly small town, so I'm not sure if those benefits are available around here...but I will make some calls and check it out anyway.   :)  I still have a bit more time, I think, because my little toms haven't shown any inclination to wander to the nearby farms yet.  I am going to have Miss Gizmo spayed next week, just in case.   {:-P;;

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 
All photo's & content within copyright © 2006-2017 WorldWide WaterGardeners and it's membership "All Rights Reserved"