Author Topic: Ding Danged neighbor's cat!  (Read 1410 times)

Offline milliemax

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Members
  • With us since: 02/09/2006
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
Ding Danged neighbor's cat!
« on: September 27, 2007, 05:50:06 PM »
  Well, I've finally concluded it's the neighbor"s cat that is having a midnight snack on my fishies from time to time. My cats show NO interest what so ever, but I seem to be scaring this cat away often!
  I have a little preform (about 4x6) that is above ground. It is surrounded by plants, and has a few tall plants in the pond as well as floating plants.
  I finally caved and bought some chicken wire and some black spray paint so I don't have a bunch of metal gleaming at me from the pond!
  Has anyone made a cover for their pond from chicken wire? How do you get the wire to go around the tall plants?
  Should I just try covering the areas where the cats get into the pond? Maybe just put the CW around the edges and poke up so the cat can't get to the edges of the pond?
  Any ideas would be appreciated!
  I would like to re-stock my pond before winter sets in.
   TIA   Nancy
Nancy-going crazy! Want to come?
USDA zone 8, No CA

Offline fairlady

• Members
  • With us since: 07/06/2007
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
Re: Ding Danged neighbor's cat!
« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2007, 08:16:48 PM »
An electric fence around your pond is alot easlier to install and not very noticable. I have one called Fido Shock....runs about 35.00 and you can find them at places like Petco. I was having problems with raccoons. They wiped out first pond full of fish, got fence and new fish.....no problems since....just over three years.

Offline milliemax

• Members
  • With us since: 02/09/2006
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
Re: Ding Danged neighbor's cat!
« Reply #2 on: September 30, 2007, 05:56:49 PM »
  I'm right in and around that pond every day, watering etc.. Would I have to turn the juice off when watering the plants? Would the water harm the wire? Would I get electricuted if I forget to turn off the juice when I water?
  Nancy
Nancy-going crazy! Want to come?
USDA zone 8, No CA

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 
All photo's & content within copyright © 2006-2017 WorldWide WaterGardeners and it's membership "All Rights Reserved"