Author Topic: Solar Sheds on sale at Home Depot  (Read 967 times)

Offline Bonnie

• Trade Count: (43)
  • Members
  • With us since: 09/08/2006
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile

Offline Ky Kim

• Trade Count: (16)
  • Members
  • location: Louisville, Ky.....6 A/B ish, depends on which way the wind blows I think.
  • Kimberly
  • With us since: 10/08/2006
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
Re: Solar Sheds on sale at Home Depot
« Reply #1 on: September 28, 2007, 08:44:32 PM »
I just got lucky with  mine having been a demo.  I would have never got the stuff that came with mine for the price I paid.  That's not a bad price though, but its still more than twice what I paid.  I just happened to be in the right place at the right time.  I got mine for 500.00 with all the extras, plus replacing the broken window.  Did you look at the web site I sent you, maybe you can email them and ask if they have any demos around.  I've seen another one up the highway from me.  I didn't stop to ask though.

There really easy to move once their on your site, big pvc pipes and just roll.  It was very simple.

BELIEVE ME, you would LOVE it.  I just went out and looked at the original sign for the building only its priced at 2099.  So, that is a great price Bonnie.

I need to take some new pics of the lilies, they've gone wild.  But, I can't seem to remember where I put my camera.  Its not like me to misplace that.

Kim
« Last Edit: September 28, 2007, 08:55:31 PM by Ky Kim »

Ponds are like patato chips, ya just can't have one.

Offline Desertponder

• Trade Count: (12)
  • Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 02, 2007, 12:26:22 PM »
That's a cute little building and I bet it would be pretty handy to have.
Shanna
A true-blue kiddie pool, whiskey barrel & stock tank  ponder! :yes:
If it can hold water.....it's a watergarden!

Offline happyoutsidegirl

• Trade Count: (3)
  • Members
  • Be An Organ Doner
  • With us since: 23/01/2007
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 03, 2007, 09:12:39 AM »
Thats really cute But!!!!! It sitll is not set up to stay warm in cold climets? Mine is all fiberglass, auto vents and such too but it still freezes up tight in the winter. I'm pricing solar panels and a converter to run a light and heater. Big $$$$$$$
I'm just happier outside!
 Debbie
SunnyEastern Wa.
zone 5-6

Offline frloplady

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 04, 2007, 08:53:44 AM »
insulation in the walls would help it, but up in tonasket you would need extra heat of some kind..but could be a simple as a few light bulbs.  Also if you had tubs of lilies you can drop heaters into the tubs.  But if you are talking solar that is $$ for that much wattage. 

Mary
Mary

Offline happyoutsidegirl

• Trade Count: (3)
  • Members
  • Be An Organ Doner
  • With us since: 23/01/2007
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 04, 2007, 07:12:41 PM »
I thought of insolation Mary, but I couldn't figure out how to attach it? the whole thing is fiberglass? I thought of makeing half walls and putting the insolation in that. I thought of getting that pink hard insolatoin but then you lose all the lighting from the outside? Or just putting a reg heater in it on a timmer for nights only and bite it big time with the PUD. I'm kindof between a rock and a hard place with it?
I'm just happier outside!
 Debbie
SunnyEastern Wa.
zone 5-6

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 
All photo's & content within copyright © 2006-2017 WorldWide WaterGardeners and it's membership "All Rights Reserved"