Author Topic: Glad no one was hurt  (Read 2803 times)

Offline Monica

• Trade Count: (1)
  • Members
  • With us since: 11/08/2006
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
Glad no one was hurt
« on: September 30, 2007, 10:10:22 AM »
Friday afternoon I was sitting at the school waiting on the kids to get out when a friend of mine came up to the truck and told me that she just passed my house and it was on fire and the fire dept. was already there.  When I got there the roof had already collapsed and the whole house was in flames.  The house is a total lose.  The firefighters were so wonderful there were probably 35-40 of them from 3 different departments and they stayed to try and help us recover anything.  They got a few of my son's toys but they are so damaged I don't think they can be played with.  My poor little girl Ally didn't even get one little toy from her room.  Her room is nothing but ashed. You can't tell she had a bed or anything in there.  She even had a curio cabinet full of precious moments and it is a pile of ashes. 

I just can't believe this happened, but we are so blessed to have such wonderful family, friends and neighbors.  We had neighbors that we don't even know come to us to offer us a place to stay or to cook us a meal.  I can't believe there are so many wonderful people in our community.  I  don't know what we would do without all the support we have right now.  We both have such sonderful families that have boughten the kids toys so they have something to play with.  I want to cry every time they ask me about it or just watching them play with their new toys. 

I probably won't be here much for a while but I just thought i would let everyone know why.

Monica
The irony of life is that, by the time you're old enough to know your way around, you're not going anywhere

Offline Holldoll

• Trade Count: (8)
  • Members
  • With us since: 11/09/2006
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
Re: Glad no one was hurt
« Reply #1 on: September 30, 2007, 10:34:32 AM »
Oh my God! I'm so sorry!  *hugs to you and your family**!!

Offline Reedman

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 30, 2007, 10:39:43 AM »
I'm so sorry to hear about that . . .  Our thoughts are with you and your family rebuild not only your house but your lives.
Reedman

1300 gallon pond - midnight & regular shubunkins/sarassa comets/white comets/rosy red minnows.

Offline Esther

• Trade Count: (9)
  • Members
  • With us since: 05/01/2006
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 30, 2007, 12:20:03 PM »
Oh no. That is terrible. I'm so sorry. How can we help?? I could make you some embroidered towels. Send me an email with your address and I'll make up a set. How many kids, ages, and interests??? If you have a preference on the towels, colors, monogram, or design, let me know.

I hope your friends, family and acquaintes continue to help and support you during this tough time. SOOO sorry. Fire is so devasting.

Offline tammie

• Trade Count: (20)
  • Members
  • With us since: 10/08/2006
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 30, 2007, 01:11:42 PM »
Oh Monica!  Glad you are all safe!  Things can be replaced.  How did the fire start? 
Tammie

Offline emm

• Trade Count: (2)
  • Members
  • With us since: 16/08/2006
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 30, 2007, 02:08:41 PM »
Oh Monica, I'm so sorry this has happened to you.  Thank goodness you are all okay for now.  The loss of your family home and all that made it yours is going to be hard on everyone.  There will be days ahead where you will wonder how you can cope with all that needs to be done.  I'm very glad that your friends, family and community have rallied around to help you; you will need to lean on them plenty in the weeks to come.  I hope the re-building goes a smoothly as possible under the circumstances.  emm

Offline bunny56lbc

• Trade Count: (38)
  • Members
  • With us since: 06/09/2006
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 30, 2007, 02:11:37 PM »
OH...Monica That's Terrible !I'm glad you are all safe !
I want to send ya something too , but I'll need an address .
My prayer's & thought's are with U . :hug: :hug:

bonnie

Offline miguynmkoi

• Trade Count: (14)
  • Members
  • Smile!
  • With us since: 23/08/2006
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 30, 2007, 02:33:11 PM »
I'm so sorry Monica.  My prayers and thoughts to you and your family. 

No one ever knows who their real friends are until tragedy strikes.  I think you have many good friends nearby.  Take care.

Offline happyoutsidegirl

• Trade Count: (3)
  • Members
  • Be An Organ Doner
  • With us since: 23/01/2007
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 30, 2007, 04:16:54 PM »
Monica, my thoughts and prayers are with you all. I'm so glad your family is safe. God brings us together and stronger with tragidy.
I'm just happier outside!
 Debbie
SunnyEastern Wa.
zone 5-6

Offline Monica

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 30, 2007, 08:11:13 PM »
Thanks guys for your prayers.  We really need them right now.  Especially my 2 babies, this is really hard on them right now.  It is for all of us but dh and I are strong and they are just babies so they don't really understand some things.

They think the fire started around the computer.  We will know more for sure tomorrow when the insurance guy and the fire marshall are there tomorrow.  I just can't wait to get things back to normal as much as possible for the kids.
Oh no. That is terrible. I'm so sorry. How can we help?? I could make you some embroidered towels. Send me an email with your address and I'll make up a set. How many kids, ages, and interests??? If you have a preference on the towels, colors, monogram, or design, let me know.

I hope your friends, family and acquaintes continue to help and support you during this tough time. SOOO sorry. Fire is so devasting.

that is so sweet of you Esther.  I have 2 kids my daughter Alexandrea (Ally) who is 7 and my son Keagan who is 6.  She loves horses and he loves anything with an engine in it, he's really into classic cars right now or transformers. 

The worst part about all of it is seeing them and knowing how much their things ment to them.  I know they are just things but they are kids and they meant a lot to them.  I just keep telling them that the main thing is that we are all ok and we have eachother. 

The irony of life is that, by the time you're old enough to know your way around, you're not going anywhere

Offline Esther

• Trade Count: (9)
  • Members
  • With us since: 05/01/2006
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 30, 2007, 08:47:03 PM »
OK, just tell them we are going to help out and Mommy, Daddy, relatives and friends will all pitch in to keep them together and safe. So scarey for everybody. Could have been so much worse though. But they don't realize. It's just as well they don't.

Offline Sandye

• Members
  • With us since: 17/03/2007
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 30, 2007, 09:47:59 PM »
OMG, I'm so sorry!   :'(  A house fire is one of my worst nightmares.  I'm soooo thankful that none of your family was injured.  Give your babies hugs from me :hug: and you and your family will be in my prayers.   o(:-)
« Last Edit: October 01, 2007, 10:12:22 PM by Sandye »

Offline LeeAnne151

• Trade Count: (24)
  • Members
  • With us since: 09/08/2006
    • View Profile
    • My Photo Galleries
« Reply #12 on: October 01, 2007, 09:06:54 AM »
I'm so sorry. My worst nightmare too. Best wishes for a speedy insurance settlement.
~LeeAnne~

“Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea.”

Robert A. Heinlein

Portland, Oregon. USDA Zone 8~Sunset Zone 6

Offline Sandyd

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 01, 2007, 10:33:39 AM »
Monica,

I am so sorry about your home.  I am thankful that everyone is safe.

Thoughts and prayers are with you and yours.

Offline karen J

• Trade Count: (7)
  • Members
    • View Profile
    • Karen's Frog Pond
« Reply #14 on: October 01, 2007, 09:22:31 PM »
They think the fire started around the computer. 

I have 2 kids my daughter Alexandrea (Ally) who is 7 and my son Keagan who is 6.  She loves horses and he loves anything with an engine in it, he's really into classic cars right now or transformers.

Monica, I'm sorry. Have they confirmed that the fire started around the computer? What a scary thought.

A kid losing their things is truly awful. I understand completely where they're coming from. The same thing happened to my aunt & uncle (way back in the '70's) and it was a real mess. They had to rent a house while they rebuilt their home (same site), and the insurance company decided that the house wasn't a total loss (big money saved there by ins co) because the garage & foundation was still standing.  >:(-

Do you have temporary living quarters? I've got lots of toys that my kids are finished with, but wouldn't want to overload you with toys you have no storage for. The poor things, I'm glad nobody was hurt.
Karen
Northern Illinois, zone 5

http://www.pbase.com/karenfrogpond

Offline Bonnie

• Trade Count: (43)
  • Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: October 02, 2007, 10:50:59 AM »
Monica,
 I spoke with Bonnie today and she told me the terrible news. I'm very sorry to hear this..

I can't do a whole lot but every little thing adds up and helps out... what can I do for you?
What does your family need right now?

You are only two hours away and I would be glad to ask for donations at my Mom's church( I haven't been attending) and ask some family and friends for things.
You're only 2 hours away so I would be glad to borrow a pick up truck and bring things to you.
SERIOUSLY, I'm wanting to help out if I can......

Thoughts and Prayers goes out to you and your family.

Bonnie

Offline Ky Kim

• Trade Count: (16)
  • Members
  • location: Louisville, Ky.....6 A/B ish, depends on which way the wind blows I think.
  • Kimberly
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 02, 2007, 11:11:21 AM »
Ditto to what Bonnie said.  If you need something, just hollar. 

Kim

Ponds are like patato chips, ya just can't have one.

Offline Desertponder

• Trade Count: (12)
  • Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 02, 2007, 12:35:20 PM »
Oh my word Monica!!! I'm so sorry!! Being a FF I know how traumatic this is for you. Its always very hard for me when I see a family lose their home and their belongings. My heart goes out to you.
Trying to salvage much from a fire is sometimes not a good idea. Its a very toxic environment and the chemical makeup of items can change from the heat. Best to just replace everything that you can.
I'm with the others.......if there is anything we can do to help, please tell us. ANYTHING!
Shanna
A true-blue kiddie pool, whiskey barrel & stock tank  ponder! :yes:
If it can hold water.....it's a watergarden!

Offline barb

• Members
  • Connecticut
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 03, 2007, 11:09:28 AM »
OMG, that is just horrific, I'm so sorry!  It must be such a painful loss, to lose all your things.  (((hugs)))

Offline Monica

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 05, 2007, 08:08:44 PM »
Thanks guys you are all so wonderful.  Right now we are ok on clothes.  We are living with my mother-in-law for the time being.  It's small (7 of us in 900 sq.ft.) but we are making it. 

Insurance done said ours is a total lose and nothing is salvageable.  I just hope they hurry up so we can get started on a new home and quite making payments on something we no longer have.  We just made a house payment Thurday and now I owe on a big screen I don't have.  The worst part is insurance wants to know what it would cost to replace our home with exactly what we had instead of what we had it insured for.  Plus they won't give us what we had our contents insured for.  We have to write down everything we owned, then go out and price what is cost to replace it with the same thing, then go buy them and if it cost more then they will pay the difference up to our limit or give up a depreciated amount.  So it is a real pain in the butt. 

I appreciate all of you guys for the support and offers to bring stuff.  Right now we have clothes and no room to store anything else.  But thank you so much for the offer.

Hugs
Monica

Offline Indiana Karen

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 06, 2007, 12:17:24 PM »
Oh Monica, I am so very, very sorry.  Thank goodness you are safe and no one was injured.

I hope things go smoothly with the insurance company.  We have had a little experience with replacement insurance when our son's home was broken into and numerous items stolen.  It definately was a big headache to have to buy everything, copy the bills and send them in for payment.  I can't imagine doing it for an entire household, plus the fact that there are some items you probably really don't need to replace, but have to in order to get a settlement for them. 

Thinking of you, just glad you are safe,

Karen

Offline Monica

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 09, 2007, 10:02:19 AM »
Thanks for all the thoughts and prayer guys.  It is always nice to know there are people out there that care and are there for support.

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 
All photo's & content within copyright © 2006-2017 WorldWide WaterGardeners and it's membership "All Rights Reserved"