Author Topic: HELP please.. tropical out and I dont know what is babies??? Elfe incoming  (Read 805 times)

Offline tinkster

• Trade Count: (46)
  • Members
  • With us since: 09/08/2006
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
I have it out and washed away.  I  dont think those long white thingys are tubers but I see one thing that kind of broke off from the miiddle of the lilly that is a hard ball about the size of a golf ball.. It looks like it has ??? tiny sprouts coming out.. is this the baby.. if so what do I do with them before I put it in the aquarium... pot it up in dirt???

wow it sure hurt to pull up a lilly like that. she has so many blooms coming.  I am not sure tropicals are for me :)

thanks in advance. 

tinkster

Offline miguynmkoi

• Trade Count: (14)
  • Members
  • Smile!
  • With us since: 23/08/2006
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
WOW look at your lily buds!  This tropical loves you, that's for sure.  And yep that's the baby alright.  I'm guessing you can pot it in a small container before you winterize.  In the spring replant into a bigger pot and find out how much the baby loves you!  :hug:

This is what I do in the west coast minus your winterizing.  8)

Offline Sean

• Tropical Waterlily Guru
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (3)
  • Members
  • With us since: 05/01/2006
    • View Profile
    • Sean's Ponds & Patio Garden
Yes, that is a tuber, it does not need to be potted, just toss it into the aquarium, new plants and roots will sprout from it, in fact several of them.

As for the rest of the plant, I bet you can find individual crowns if you search hard enough and pull them out from the main plant. Small divisions can be potted in a Dixie cup with sand and placed in your aquarium. As for the biggest plant, give it to someone for postage in a warmer zone.

Cheers,
Sean
Vancouver BC Zone 8B
...........Click my Gif's............

Offline tinkster

• Trade Count: (46)
  • Members
  • With us since: 09/08/2006
    • View Profile
Thanks yall!  She is already going to el Jefe.  He's iffy on saving but the only one I could find that wanted her..  :)

Again thanks and Get ready el jefe :)  I have her floating in the pond and will probalby either mail her monday before I leave or I might transport her with me and mail her from florida state line tuesday :)

tinkster

Offline El Jefe

• Trade Count: (1)
  • Members
  • Senior Chief USN Ret
  • With us since: 09/11/2006
    • View Profile
Tinkster I already have her spot all picked out and a Basket all ready for her, I am praying for a mild winter so she and my others will winter over well.
Thanks Tink  I hope this plan works.

Andy
… The soul is dyed the color of it’s thoughts. Think only on those things that are in line with your principles and can bear the light of day. The content of your character is your choice, Day by day, what you choose, what you think and what you do is WHO you become. Your integrity is your destiny, it is the light that guides your way……

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 
All photo's & content within copyright © 2006-2017 WorldWide WaterGardeners and it's membership "All Rights Reserved"