Author Topic: Sunset over the pond today  (Read 1150 times)

Offline maryvonne

• Trade Count: (2)
  • Members
  • With us since: 09/08/2006
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
    • My photo albums
Sunset over the pond today
« on: October 07, 2007, 08:37:44 PM »
After two days of pouring rain and high winds, I noticed this beautiful sky over the pond when I took Ginger out for a pee. I was surprise because I was so busy cooking our Thanksgiving dinner that I didn't even notice the weather had changed.
So happy thanksgiving to all the other Canadians here. Hope your turkey is as good as ours was!

Maryvonne
« Last Edit: October 07, 2007, 09:51:33 PM by maryvonne »
Maryvonne
Surrey B.C.
Canada

zone 7-8

Offline Ky Kim

• Trade Count: (16)
  • Members
  • location: Louisville, Ky.....6 A/B ish, depends on which way the wind blows I think.
  • Kimberly
  • With us since: 10/08/2006
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
Re: Sunset over the pond today
« Reply #1 on: October 07, 2007, 08:39:14 PM »
That's very pretty.  I have to admit, when I first started reading the post I thought....Thanksgiving Dinner???, then you put Canadian and it clicked in.  Hope you had a great dinner.

Kim

Ponds are like patato chips, ya just can't have one.

Offline miguynmkoi

• Trade Count: (14)
  • Members
  • Smile!
  • With us since: 23/08/2006
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 07, 2007, 09:02:00 PM »
Happy Thanksgiving to our Canadian neighbors!  That is a beautiful shot of a very colorful evening sky.

Offline mcp

• Trade Count: (1)
  • Members
  • With us since: 09/08/2006
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 07, 2007, 09:28:29 PM »
The sunset is absolutely breath taking. Hope you had a wonderful Thanksgiving  dinner. :)
McKean County Pa. zone 5

Offline Julles

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Members
  • With us since: 06/06/2007
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 08, 2007, 07:20:55 AM »
That's the kind of scene, you have to be RIGHT there, at RIGHT that moment, or it melts away.  Good shot!

NOTE to Self:  Always go to take a leak with your camera along.

Offline CliffandJoann

• Members
  • With us since: 19/08/2006
    • View Profile
    • CJ's Adventures in Ponding
« Reply #5 on: October 08, 2007, 04:28:22 PM »
Beautiful Maryvonne.

Joann

Offline croft

• Members
  • With us since: 10/08/2006
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 09, 2007, 05:02:10 PM »
The Turkey was great but the leftovers tonight were even better I think.  Our weather was above normal temps and sunny all weekend - got lots of yard work done. Glad your weather improved and hope you had a great holiday weekend too!
Joanne

Maritimes
1800 gal watergarden
goldfish
zone 5b

Offline jax

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Members
  • With us since: 08/07/2007
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 09, 2007, 05:50:52 PM »
Hope you had a wonderful Thanksgiving.  We here in the United States have a little while to wait yet for that "delicious" holiday.  We had a cold front move through here in Pennsylvania about 4PM and the temperature dropped from 90 to 66 degrees in no time at all.  We had a small amount of rain, but nothing in regards to what we really need here.  It is so dry.  The colors of the leaves are not doing well.  Most are just turning brown and drying up and falling off.  Fall may be a flop here for us. Usually by this time of the year we are really seeing some color.  Your picture of the sunset was beautiful. I love the beginning and the end of the day when they look like that.     Jax
Jax

Offline Sean

• Tropical Waterlily Guru
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (3)
  • Members
  • With us since: 05/01/2006
    • View Profile
    • Sean's Ponds & Patio Garden
« Reply #8 on: October 09, 2007, 11:55:03 PM »
Looks wonderful!

We didn't have turkey because I couldnt find one small enough for my apartment sized oven so I did a loin of pork with gravy and home made hand cut scalloped potatoes and a side of steamed brussels sprouts. Hopefully I can eventually find a small turkey, maybe now that Thanksgiving is over they will cut them into pieces and sell them cheaper?
I'd love to some day do a de-boned and stuffed turkey. Two of my co-workers did that for last Christmas for our staff party and apart for the gross stove top stuffing they used after spending hours de-boning the turkey, it was really rather good.

Cheers,
Sean
Vancouver BC Zone 8B
...........Click my Gif's............

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 
All photo's & content within copyright © 2006-2017 WorldWide WaterGardeners and it's membership "All Rights Reserved"