Author Topic: Need a list of blue and purple tropical lilies that are vivips  (Read 1000 times)

Offline tizzylizzy

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Members
  • With us since: 12/09/2007
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
Need a list of blue and purple tropical lilies that are vivips
« on: October 14, 2007, 09:23:03 AM »
Does anyone know of all the blue and purple tropical lilies that are all vivapourous? Sorry about the spelling! :-\
I know my Red Ruby is, I think I saw Star of Siam? ::)
tizzylizzy

Offline tammie

• Trade Count: (20)
  • Members
  • With us since: 10/08/2006
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
Re: Need a list of blue and purple tropical lilies that are vivips
« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2007, 09:48:27 AM »
I've never seen a list of viviparous lilies.  Doesn't mean there isn't one, I've just never seen one.  The lily you're calling "red ruby" - I think you mean N. Ruby.  N. Ruby is a hot pink viviparous lily.  There is a huge problem with lilies being called by the wrong name, then the lily is past along with a incorrect name.  I don't think N. Ruby would be considered a "purple" either.  It definetly is pink.  N. Queen of Siam is another pink vivip.  N. Star of Siam is not a vivip.  Other blue vivip are N. Dauben, N. Edward Uber.  A couple of purple vivips would be N. Lavender Lace, and I'd think that N. Islamorada would be considered a purple. 
Tammie

Offline tizzylizzy

• Members
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 14, 2007, 10:49:13 AM »
thanks Tammie! :)
I got the Star of Siam wrong.....I think I meant Queen of Siam I recently saw listed.
I just know the guy at the nursery told me mine was called Red Ruby.
Youre right though, more like a hot pinkish then a purple. My first tropical this year and I love it! o(:-)
Sean will probably know! 8)
tizzylizzy

Offline Desertponder

• Trade Count: (12)
  • Members
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 15, 2007, 09:56:29 AM »
Yep, Lavender Lace is a vip. Mine has numerous vips on it right now. Want some??
Shanna
A true-blue kiddie pool, whiskey barrel & stock tank  ponder! :yes:
If it can hold water.....it's a watergarden!

Offline tizzylizzy

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 16, 2007, 08:21:51 AM »
Thanks so much Desertponder, but let me see if I can handle keeping my Ruby alive this year...maybe next year?
Would love to see your vivips on your Lavender Lace, do you have any pics of them right now?
By the way, that beautiful black horse picture you have come up, is he or she real and yours? I just LOVE horses!
Thanks again for your offer...maybe we could hook up some other time! 8)
tizzylizzy

Offline Desertponder

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 16, 2007, 08:31:22 AM »
I'm hoping to get my tropicals through the winter. I'm not sure if I will but if LL is still kicking next year you are welcome to a vip.
I don't have any pics of the vips but I can take some tonight.

Yes, the black horse is mine. That is J.R., my Peruvian Paso gelding. I also have a PP mare and a quarterhorse mare.

This is the Paso mare
Shanna

Offline tizzylizzy

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 16, 2007, 08:42:24 AM »
Oh my gosh...they are so beautiful Shanna!
They look so soft and gentle too! I could just hug them!
Yes lets see if our tropicals make it through this winter, how are you going to try to save yours?
tizzylizzy

Offline Desertponder

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 16, 2007, 11:58:29 AM »
Thanks. They are great horses but I just don't have any time to spend with them anymore. :'(

I don't have a great deal of options for overwintering tropicals. I put several of the LL vips in the betta tanks and they are doing o.k. so  far. They should make it through the winter.

I'm going to do the sand and baggie method for the rest of them. I have all of them but LL put away already. Its still blooming so I've left it for awhile. This is the first time I've tried to overwinter trops with the sand and baggie method so I'm a bit uneasy about them making it. Overwintering the trops doesn't seem to be an exact science at all so its seems their survival can be rather hit and miss. ;)
Shanna

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 
All photo's & content within copyright © 2006-2017 WorldWide WaterGardeners and it's membership "All Rights Reserved"