Author Topic: Joyce  (Read 1870 times)

Offline pondmary

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Members
  • With us since: 23/12/2006
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
Joyce
« on: October 14, 2007, 05:32:35 PM »
I have to say that I am, and have been, upset for quite a while.  Joyce seems to have left us.  At first, I was very worried, because of her past occurance of cancer.   But HEY! She is posting on KOIPHEN!!!  I got to tell you I was relieved but a little put out also.  I was concerned about her! She left without so much as by your leave.

Mary

Offline sushi

• Trade Count: (9)
  • Members
  • With us since: 16/08/2006
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
Re: Joyce
« Reply #1 on: October 15, 2007, 02:22:40 AM »
You shouldn't be put out.  There was a disagreement and she left.  I think a couple of others left with her.  I miss them all, they had alot of knowledge. 

Offline Desertponder

• Trade Count: (12)
  • Members
  • With us since: 10/08/2006
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 15, 2007, 09:54:35 AM »
Yes, a disagreement was the reason for her leaving along with several others.
The same/similar disagreement carried over to Koi Pond Talk and she/they left
that site too. :(
Shanna
A true-blue kiddie pool, whiskey barrel & stock tank  ponder! :yes:
If it can hold water.....it's a watergarden!

Offline Bonnie

• Trade Count: (43)
  • Members
  • With us since: 09/08/2006
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 15, 2007, 10:28:19 AM »

I was there last week and saw a post from her?

If she and others choose to post at another forum that is their choice.. only one persons membership was deleted from this forum though. 

Hopefully one day everyone can let the past go and will return with no hard feelings.

Offline Desertponder

• Trade Count: (12)
  • Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 15, 2007, 11:19:19 AM »
Ooops, yes, you are right Bonnie. ;) It was a couple of the others that left KPT. I was thinking Joyce did too but she's still there.
Monday morning brain. {:-P;;
Terry on KPT does not tolerate any personal attacks or arguments on the site. Several folks were warned there and those folks chose to have their memberships deleted.
Shanna
A true-blue kiddie pool, whiskey barrel & stock tank  ponder! :yes:
If it can hold water.....it's a watergarden!

Offline El Jefe

• Trade Count: (1)
  • Members
  • Senior Chief USN Ret
  • With us since: 09/11/2006
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 15, 2007, 06:14:04 PM »
Joyce is missed as is Craig they were/are a wealth of knowledge.  Still things get said, people get put out and unfortunately we as a board lost out.  Good bad or indifferent people can take things the wrong way or get their sensibilities hurt or like many of us fail to be bigger than the situation and let things pass and let our emotions rule our decisions. It is indeed unfortunate that Joyce and Craig left. I have a great deal of repect for them and wish they hadn't but I have to respect their decision. I can only hope that they can see their respective ways back and bygones can be bygones.  I don't portend to know the hows or the why's and that is not for me to know, but having run a board myself for many years I know it can be difficult to maintain that delicate balance that keeps everyone happy yet maintains good order. This is a great board with a great cast of characters I hope they find their way  back.....
Andy
… The soul is dyed the color of it’s thoughts. Think only on those things that are in line with your principles and can bear the light of day. The content of your character is your choice, Day by day, what you choose, what you think and what you do is WHO you become. Your integrity is your destiny, it is the light that guides your way……

Offline Monica

• Trade Count: (1)
  • Members
  • With us since: 11/08/2006
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 15, 2007, 07:18:16 PM »

Man I miss everything!
The irony of life is that, by the time you're old enough to know your way around, you're not going anywhere

Offline Esther

• Trade Count: (9)
  • Members
  • With us since: 05/01/2006
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 16, 2007, 04:51:21 AM »
No MOnica, it wasn't fun to watch so you're lucky you missed it.

Offline Johns

• Trade Count: (11)
  • Members
    • View Profile
    • Garden Endeavors
« Reply #8 on: October 22, 2007, 09:56:11 AM »
Most should already know why Joyce left, but for those who don't, ask Sean why.  But be sure to read between the lines, as he will not admit guilt.  If you are still confused, email me.

Offline Bonnie

• Trade Count: (43)
  • Members
  • With us since: 09/08/2006
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 22, 2007, 10:34:51 AM »
Most should already know why Joyce left, but for those who don't, ask Sean why.  But be sure to read between the lines, as he will not admit guilt.  If you are still confused, email me.

Johns,
That was not nice .....

When Joyce is involved you seem to not be able to find neutral ground for some reason...
However most of us can.  That doesn't mean that we want her to continue to be MIA but just a difference in opinion.
Please don't put the blame on Sean! :(

Offline Sean

• Tropical Waterlily Guru
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (3)
  • Members
    • View Profile
    • Sean's Ponds & Patio Garden
« Reply #10 on: October 22, 2007, 11:52:52 AM »
For those who do not know, I became angry having to consistently ask people to play nice and stop the aggressive attacks on each other, especially Joyce and Andrew Davis and I told Jerry that rather than ban Joyce I would just leave and he could find a new webmaster. Joyce "CHOSE ON HER OWN ACCORD" to leave the forum. She has never been banned and has always been welcome back.
The person who was causing all the trouble, was banned, that being Andrew Davis.

This was all hashed out once before and did nothing but cause heartache for all involved. I will not allow this to become a circus again so will lock this thread and let it fade away. It will cause nothing but more Drama.

Joyce is a frequent poster at Koiphen and people who wish to correspond with her are encouraged to post there as well. I also post at Koiphen and she seems to be doing well.

Cheers,
Sean
Vancouver BC Zone 8B
...........Click my Gif's............

Offline Jerry

• Trade Count: (7)
  • Members
  • "An analog guy trapped in a digital world."
    • View Profile
    • American Ponders!!!!!!!!!
« Reply #11 on: October 22, 2007, 02:10:32 PM »
I write to Joyce and even sent trinkets to her lovely child.
Sean said it well.  Andy Davis was booted!  Joyce is welcome.I know she is going through a bad time in her life. We wish her the best and hope to "see" her again.

Yes she was hurt, we know that.  There is nothing else Sean can do. :'( :'(
« Last Edit: October 24, 2007, 09:40:41 PM by Jerry »
Jerry
Northridge, California  
Zone 10

"Any women that tries to be the equal of a man, lacks ambition!"

American Ponders Watergardening
American Ponders Pond and Koi Forum

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 
All photo's & content within copyright © 2006-2017 WorldWide WaterGardeners and it's membership "All Rights Reserved"