Author Topic: My First Fish  (Read 1407 times)

Offline TerryB

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Members
  • With us since: 12/09/2007
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
My First Fish
« on: October 26, 2007, 08:48:47 PM »
   Well I have been working on my new pond for over 2 months now. Finally got it cleaned up enough that I can see the bottom now and have my lillies replanted. They seem to be growing quite well for this time of year.

I wanted to get some supplies today at a pond dealer 22 miles away. When I got there and stepped into her little place I immediately noticed her 18-30" Kios. They were just breathtaking to me. Orange/black, white/orange, gold and tri color. I asked her if she had any small goldfish for sale. She told me she had 5 left about 4-5" long and would sell them to me for $5.00 each and $1.00 for the 1" ones.

Well I got all the large ones and 2 small ones. The fives large ones are 3-orange, black fantail and a white/goldish one. The small ones was a white and one bright rusty colored. I wasn't expecting to get fish before spring but she said these were raised outside and would fare well in our climate.

I bought them home, floated the bag for about 25 minutes and lifted them out one by one into my pond. That was about 3:00 this afternoon and I just checked then with a flashlight a while ago. They all seem happy and are doing great. They love the caves alone the side and hopefully they can escape any predators in them.

I love watching the falls and plants in my pond and taking care of it. But after adding some fish to it I now feel like a real pond owner. Pictures will be taken tomorrow and I will submit a few for all to see.

Offline miguynmkoi

• Trade Count: (14)
  • Members
  • Smile!
  • With us since: 23/08/2006
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
Re: My First Fish
« Reply #1 on: October 26, 2007, 10:19:28 PM »
Congrats to the "Feeling" of being a ponder!  Can't wait to see photos......waiting!

Offline TerryB

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Members
  • With us since: 12/09/2007
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 30, 2007, 11:31:21 PM »
   Okay, we got a lot of sun today, the fish were hunger and I got a few shots of them. I couldn't get any pictures of the two 1" ones I got. They are shy and hard to see on the bottom. They are still there thou and doing great. Today was the first time I actually got the fish to eat something and were they hungry. Water temps here are around 53 and the fish seem pretty active.

Offline barb

• Trade Count: (1)
  • Members
  • Connecticut
  • With us since: 11/08/2006
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 05, 2007, 12:27:21 PM »
Aw, I'm sorry I didn't see your thread sooner, what nice fish you have!  Congrats on your new pond.  How big is it?

Offline croft

• Trade Count: (1)
  • Members
  • With us since: 10/08/2006
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 08, 2007, 04:59:34 PM »
Welcome to the wonderful world of ponding  @O@  Nice pics of your fish.
Joanne

Maritimes
1800 gal watergarden
goldfish
zone 5b

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 
All photo's & content within copyright © 2006-2017 WorldWide WaterGardeners and it's membership "All Rights Reserved"