Author Topic: Name this Tropical....  (Read 1134 times)

Offline El Jefe

• Trade Count: (1)
  • Members
  • Senior Chief USN Ret
  • With us since: 09/11/2006
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
Name this Tropical....
« on: October 29, 2007, 01:06:26 PM »
This is a very intense picture, just want to know what kind it is so I can get one!! Andy

… The soul is dyed the color of it’s thoughts. Think only on those things that are in line with your principles and can bear the light of day. The content of your character is your choice, Day by day, what you choose, what you think and what you do is WHO you become. Your integrity is your destiny, it is the light that guides your way……

Offline tammie

• Trade Count: (20)
  • Members
  • With us since: 10/08/2006
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
Re: Name this Tropical....
« Reply #1 on: October 29, 2007, 02:55:42 PM »
Red Flare. Tropical night bloomer.  Let me know when you're ready for one.
Tammie

Offline Bonnie

• Trade Count: (43)
  • Members
  • With us since: 09/08/2006
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 29, 2007, 03:05:56 PM »
Red Flare. Tropical night bloomer.  Let me know when you're ready for one.
Tammie

That was my first guess or Red Cup but I wasn't sure because it looks like there's white streaks on the petals..
Tammie would know!

One of these days I hope to have better knowledge of tropicals but right now I am just glad to be able to grow them!

Offline Vickie

• Trade Count: (8)
  • Members
  • With us since: 10/08/2006
    • View Profile
Red Flare-some of the lighter ones are seedlings sold as Red Flare
« Reply #3 on: October 29, 2007, 05:20:57 PM »

Offline miguynmkoi

• Trade Count: (14)
  • Members
  • Smile!
  • With us since: 23/08/2006
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 29, 2007, 05:44:59 PM »
I've seen a few members post their photos of this Red Flare.  Definitely a beauty!

Offline tinkster

• Trade Count: (46)
  • Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 29, 2007, 06:44:59 PM »
looks like the identical one that I sent you.. Red flare.. told ya she is pretty!  sure hope she makes it for ya so you can see

tinkster

Offline El Jefe

• Members
  • Senior Chief USN Ret
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 29, 2007, 07:29:30 PM »
I wonder if this is what tinkster sent me... Hmm But you know Tammie I am always a sucker for one of your lillies. Come spring I will be ready if my 3 other tropicals make it through. Thanks as always Tammie!

Andy
… The soul is dyed the color of it’s thoughts. Think only on those things that are in line with your principles and can bear the light of day. The content of your character is your choice, Day by day, what you choose, what you think and what you do is WHO you become. Your integrity is your destiny, it is the light that guides your way……

Offline tinkster

• Trade Count: (46)
  • Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 30, 2007, 07:56:59 AM »
She is sure a vivid flower for sure.  I was semi complaining :)  that she was so neon bright that it made all my other lillies look washed out .

If she winters over for you, next summer I hope to try a blue/purple tropical of some sort.  If you can let me know one your wanting and dont have, thats the one I will get and then I can send it to you again at the end of my season,  I dont ever hope to try to winter any over so I plan on just buying one  or so a year to enjoy then give to whoever can overwinter :)

tinkster

Offline El Jefe

• Members
  • Senior Chief USN Ret
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 31, 2007, 10:30:16 AM »
Well the one you sent me is haning in there, I even thought that she was going to bloom onl last time, She had a bloom headed for the surface, but then the temperature dropped and it seem like she stopped dead in her tracks. The other two tropicals continue to bloom. The n.Midnight is putting up some huge blooms and so is my Queen of Siam. The QOS has gotten significantly larger so I am hoping that the winter doesn't take them out. Would really love to see them back next season. Thanks again Tinkster!!

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 
All photo's & content within copyright © 2006-2017 WorldWide WaterGardeners and it's membership "All Rights Reserved"