Author Topic: Amazing....  (Read 736 times)

Offline El Jefe

• Trade Count: (1)
  • Members
  • Senior Chief USN Ret
  • With us since: 09/11/2006
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
Amazing....
« on: November 11, 2007, 03:32:06 PM »
Three nights of 30 degree weather and still my tropicals continue to bloom The n. midnight is blooming less than the Queen of siam but they continue to show me favor and bloom. Even the hardies have stopped blooming, well except the lemon mist and the colorado but even those are few and far between.  I am impressed....  a great deal of the terrestrial plants are already withering and dying back yet they trudge on!! Love it  O0 O0
… The soul is dyed the color of it’s thoughts. Think only on those things that are in line with your principles and can bear the light of day. The content of your character is your choice, Day by day, what you choose, what you think and what you do is WHO you become. Your integrity is your destiny, it is the light that guides your way……

Offline Bonnie

• Trade Count: (43)
  • Members
  • With us since: 09/08/2006
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
Re: Amazing....
« Reply #1 on: November 11, 2007, 04:13:37 PM »
Andy my brother that lives in Holiday, FL said that he had to shut his bedroom windows the other night because it was so cold.. oh how I feel sorry for him.

I hated to pull my tropical wlilies out of the pond because they were still blooming and we had already had several frosts.. they were refusing to leave Indiana but it was time! :(

I need to pull the water hyacinths out of the stocktank because they're looking really bad and don't want them turning to mush and making the water look bad.

Winter will be here soon.

Offline Julles

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Members
  • With us since: 06/06/2007
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 12, 2007, 05:00:35 AM »
I had brought my African sideneck turtles into the house, where they spend the winters.

But yesterday, I put them back outside - it's just sooo warm still, down here in South Texas. 

Offline El Jefe

• Trade Count: (1)
  • Members
  • Senior Chief USN Ret
  • With us since: 09/11/2006
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 12, 2007, 09:19:30 AM »
During the day it has been great, Mid 70's than at night it has been dropping into the 40's and even 30's. I realize that the water is insulating the effect to some extent. When I walk out in the morning on my way to work I can see the steam rolling off my pond so I know it is at least a little warmer  :)

Andy
… The soul is dyed the color of it’s thoughts. Think only on those things that are in line with your principles and can bear the light of day. The content of your character is your choice, Day by day, what you choose, what you think and what you do is WHO you become. Your integrity is your destiny, it is the light that guides your way……

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 
All photo's & content within copyright © 2006-2017 WorldWide WaterGardeners and it's membership "All Rights Reserved"