Author Topic: Dream analysis?  (Read 1348 times)

Offline jclements

• Trade Count: (15)
  • Members
  • With us since: 09/08/2006
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
    • In the Garden Photoblog
Dream analysis?
« on: September 19, 2006, 11:52:28 AM »
Ok, I remember one small bit of a dream last night and am curious to know if we have any dream analysis officianados out there. I grew up in a home with an attached greenhouse. When I was young, my family used to rescue land turtles from the road and keep them in the greenhouse. We even overwintered them in boxes lined with pillows and they lived many, many years. One year a pair even laid eggs and I was truly excited as I have never seen a baby or young turtle of this type, only young water turtles. The eggs never hatched and I still have not seen a young land turtle.

So in my dream, I was looking out of the kitchen window of the house I grew up in, looking out into the greenhouse. I noticed a small (2" long) turtle walking and behind it was another the same size, only bright red! Considering my paint color posts here, you may think I simply have red on the brain! It was such an odd dream, and I was really excited to finally see a young turtle. What on earth could this mean?
Jessica
Dallas, TX
Photoblog:  http://jessicaclements.wordpress.com

Offline EagleEye

• Trade Count: (5)
  • Members
  • zone 5, Sauk City, WI
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
Re: Dream analysis?
« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2006, 11:57:53 AM »
It means that you should paint your door RED

Steve
My Biggest Worry Is That the other half (when I'm dead)  Will Sell My Fishing Stuff For What I Said I Paid For It

Offline kaz

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Members
  • With us since: 18/08/2006
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 19, 2006, 12:53:38 PM »
I concur (8:-)

Offline jclements

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 19, 2006, 12:55:00 PM »
Hmmm...I have been checking some online dream dictionaries and find it very strange how I can relate this dream to current life events, waaaay beyond choosing the color of my door. I will see if anyone else can perhaps suggest what this means, as it's very strange how well some definitions fit my situation.
Jessica
Dallas, TX

Offline jclements

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 19, 2006, 01:02:17 PM »
We raised three-toed box turtles and standard box turtles. This is the type of young turtle I have never but always wanted to see.

Jessica
Dallas, TX

Offline karen J

• Trade Count: (7)
  • Members
    • View Profile
    • Karen's Frog Pond
« Reply #5 on: September 19, 2006, 06:39:25 PM »
Jessica, I have a possible explanation for your dream.

1. You like turtles.
2. You wanted to see a young, baby turtle.
3  You are concerned about painting your front door, and want a fresh, new color.
4. You are considering the color red.

I think that there is an association between the red front door (which perhaps represents a fresh, new life) and the red turtle. Seing a baby red turtle is kind of a convergence of the two things.

Oversimplified, perhaps, but I don't take too much stock in dreams. Our brains are so incredibly amazing, complicated, & constantly stimulated. I think that dreams are created by impulses caused by confounding "moments" that perhaps occurred during the day, or "De-Ja-Vu" moments. I sometimes think that dreams are like the "electrical recapitulation" of events, but are separated from real time.

Karen
Northern Illinois, zone 5

http://www.pbase.com/karenfrogpond

Offline Johns

• Trade Count: (11)
  • Members
  • With us since: 10/08/2006
    • View Profile
    • Garden Endeavors
« Reply #6 on: September 20, 2006, 07:01:03 AM »
Perhaps in an earlier life you were a turtle?

I especially love dreams in which my parents are still alive.

Actually, I expect that freud was full of it regarding dreams, which most likely mean nothing at all.

Offline Tammi CA

• Trade Count: (1)
  • Members
  • Life is what you make it!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 20, 2006, 09:23:43 AM »
Hi Jessica~~~~~I'm really curious about dreams!    I've been told that dreams are about your hopes and fears.

What I think your dream says about you is that you are a very positive person, you were so excited about the turtle eggs actually hatching, that even though they didn't hatch, you still believe that someday it will really happen.   I almost forgot, one will be a really bright beautiful red color! O0

I have strange dreams all of the time, then I wake up and start reciting them to my DH.  He then starts analyzing them to the point that I have to say "Shut up".

I think that turtles are good luck, even if they eat your plants! :D

Tammi
I just need a few more plants, but where does it ever end!!!????

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 
All photo's & content within copyright © 2006-2017 WorldWide WaterGardeners and it's membership "All Rights Reserved"