Author Topic: HAPPY, HAPPY NEWS, maybe  (Read 2423 times)

Offline Esther

• Trade Count: (9)
  • Members
  • With us since: 05/01/2006
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
HAPPY, HAPPY NEWS, maybe
« on: November 19, 2007, 07:06:23 PM »
One doctor came to Braeden's room and said the papers were all filled out to release him Wednesday---------EEEEEEEEEEEEEEE We aren't ready--------------Scrambling to get his room painted tomorrow. I just finished making the curtains a few minutes ago. Thankfully Pete doesn't have to work tomorrow and Ken, Pete's son, will be coming over too. Kevin, Braeden's daddy took the week off------carpet layer guy won't be there until Wednesday night to lay the carpet in Ian's room in the basement. Otherwise it is all done except for two doors need the knobs put on.

Here's the fabric. Look how it matches the animals in that scene I made. Well not exactly matches but they both have the same ones. 

Offline maryvonne

• Trade Count: (2)
  • Members
  • With us since: 09/08/2006
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
    • My photo albums
Re: HAPPY, HAPPY NEWS, maybe
« Reply #1 on: November 19, 2007, 07:33:40 PM »
Wonderful news!!! His bedroom is going to look so good. What a nice surprise for him.

Maryvonne
Maryvonne
Surrey B.C.
Canada

zone 7-8

Offline Esther

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 19, 2007, 07:58:10 PM »
I'm excited too because Dawn doesn't know we are painting the room and will have the curtains made and up by the time they come home. Braeden has always slept in the same room with Eliana who is 6. I hope he likes his new room and hope his mommy likes what we've done.

Offline karen J

• Trade Count: (7)
  • Members
  • With us since: 09/08/2006
    • View Profile
    • Karen's Frog Pond
« Reply #3 on: November 19, 2007, 08:15:45 PM »
Esther, you are so amazing.  O0
Karen
Northern Illinois, zone 5

http://www.pbase.com/karenfrogpond

Offline nofleezmoniz

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Members
  • With us since: 19/10/2007
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 19, 2007, 09:43:59 PM »
Stay Healthy Braeden. ;)

Offline Sandye

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Members
  • With us since: 17/03/2007
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 19, 2007, 10:34:04 PM »
Oh, Esther, that's WONDERFUL!!!   Braeden's going to love his new room.  I'm so glad he's doing well enough to come home in time for Thanksgiving!   What a marvelous Thanksgiving.   @O@ @O@

Offline barb

• Trade Count: (1)
  • Members
  • Connecticut
  • With us since: 11/08/2006
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 20, 2007, 05:08:04 AM »
That is awesome!!   @O@

His new room will be awesome too, I bet he and his family loves it.  You'll have to share pics with us!!

Offline happyoutsidegirl

• Trade Count: (3)
  • Members
  • Be An Organ Doner
  • With us since: 23/01/2007
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 20, 2007, 01:44:09 PM »
My hats off to all of you! your all incredibowl! It will be wonderful for them to come home to.  My Bekka ended up back in hosp. yesterday am. asking for prayers. Sorry Eshter I shouldn't of used your thread.
I'm just happier outside!
 Debbie
SunnyEastern Wa.
zone 5-6

Offline bunny56lbc

• Trade Count: (38)
  • Members
  • With us since: 06/09/2006
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 20, 2007, 06:34:09 PM »
That's Great new's , Esther.... @O@
His room is going to look GREAT !

bonnie

Offline Esther

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 21, 2007, 09:12:03 AM »
Here is the last update from the Care Pages:
"The LORD had done great things for us, and we are filled with joy."
~Psalm 126:3

And man oh man are we ever joyful today! WE SHOULD BE GOING HOME TOMORROW! Happy Thanksgiving and Happy Birthday to big brother Ian!
There just aren't words to express how great it is to be planning our check out of Hotel DeVos! We love our team here, they are the best, but mom, at least, can't wait to get home. Bub is doing well, he is eating a little more, and suddenly drinking milk. He wasn't much of a milk drinker before, guess that's his new thing. He gets to stay unhooked all day, and except for a dose of neupogen tonight, all night as well. And it looks like we won't have to come back for clinic until Monday. We are all somewhat anxious about going home, since all his care will be on us, so please pray for things to go well and for all of us to adjust. We have been here 31 days, and that's a long time to be out of our routine. Also please continue to pray for our friends Jake (his transplant is today), Parker, who is being discharged today, and Aiden as he has been back in and out of the hospital! Thank you all for hanging in with us on this long road, God bless you all! 

The delay in Braeden being released is the fact he is not eating ENOUGH. Evidently when a person has had the type of Chemo treatment as what Braeden just had, it changes the actual taste buds forever. They don't send the taste signal to the brain the same as it had in the past. So he is rejecting foods that he typically likes before. But I think he is really touchy and going to be a handful for his parents when he gets home. I think they will have difficulty saying "no" to him or disciplining him for a while. That coupled with the "terrible twos" should make a fun time of home isolation for them. SARCASM!!

Offline Ky Kim

• Trade Count: (16)
  • Members
  • location: Louisville, Ky.....6 A/B ish, depends on which way the wind blows I think.
  • Kimberly
  • With us since: 10/08/2006
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 21, 2007, 09:37:00 AM »
 @O@ Yip'pee, he's going home.   @O@  Hooray for Braeden  @O@  Such good news  @O@
God is good!

So, glad to here that he's going home.  What a Thanksgiving for Thanksgiving!!! 

Kim

Ponds are like patato chips, ya just can't have one.

Offline barb

• Members
  • Connecticut
  • With us since: 11/08/2006
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 21, 2007, 11:29:37 AM »
I am so happy he is going home, that is something to be thankful for indeed.  He and all his friends are in my prayers.   o(:-)

Offline tammie

• Trade Count: (20)
  • Members
  • With us since: 10/08/2006
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 21, 2007, 01:58:13 PM »
Yeah!  @O@  @O@
Tammie

Offline CliffandJoann

• Members
  • With us since: 19/08/2006
    • View Profile
    • CJ's Adventures in Ponding
« Reply #13 on: November 25, 2007, 07:17:30 AM »
Thank is wonderful news. God bless little Breaden and keep him safe.
Joann

Offline Esther

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 25, 2007, 02:37:40 PM »
I just read the latest update and talked to Kevin this morning. Braeden is eating a little more and mostly happy to be home. He thinks his room is pretty great but his crib isn't in there yet. They are afraid he will be scared in there alone. He's not sleeping through the night yet but I'm not surprised. I usually don't sleep in strange beds all that well either and after all he's been gone from his crib 31 days. Besides, the medical staff usually came in his room around 4 every morning to give him meds and take his vitals. Just grinds me they have to wake him in the night to do that. I guess they have their reasons. So when he wakes up now, Dawn just takes him in their bed and he goes back to sleep. She knows she has to quit that too eventually.

Dawn will have to take him in to Grand Rapids three times a week to what she calls "clinic". I think they will draw blood etc to keep track on his counts to make sure they are staying stable.

Offline Jonna

• Trade Count: (2)
  • Members
  • With us since: 03/09/2006
    • View Profile
    • Blah... blah... blah... Ginger!
« Reply #15 on: November 26, 2007, 11:49:41 AM »
Got a chance to check in here today and I'm so happy to read the good news.  All the best to Braeden and your family.  I hope this is just the beginning of the good news.

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 
All photo's & content within copyright © 2006-2017 WorldWide WaterGardeners and it's membership "All Rights Reserved"