Author Topic: Great News  (Read 2322 times)

Offline Ky Kim

• Trade Count: (16)
  • Members
  • location: Louisville, Ky.....6 A/B ish, depends on which way the wind blows I think.
  • Kimberly
  • With us since: 10/08/2006
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
Great News
« on: November 24, 2007, 12:00:24 PM »
My sister got a letter from the courts last Friday, it showed where the baby's mother was going to have to pay $300.00 child support to her, and any medical bill over 100.00 she will have to pay 76%, and the father pay the rest.  Her paychecks are already being garnished from the hospital bills.  It still didn't say if the grandparents were going to get him permanent or not.

Then yesterday, she was coming home from work.  She stopped at the mailbox, and had another letter from the courts.  She told me she was scared to open this one, she put the car in park and opened it.  It said they had been awarded permanent custody.

It talked about where at the last hearing, that the baby's mother was present, the father was not...how he was happy, healthy and thriving where he was.  Thank GOD a decision was finally made, and it was a great one.  We know he will never be hurt again!  I know it will be hard on them being my sister is almost 47 and her husband is 61???.  But with her having a 16 year old daughter, she's a big help, and we'll all kick in where its needed, along with the rest of us.  Oh, were just so over joyed!!! 

o(:-) o(:-)
Kim

« Last Edit: November 27, 2007, 03:50:09 AM by Ky Kim »

Ponds are like patato chips, ya just can't have one.

Offline mascot

• Trade Count: (3)
  • Members
  • With us since: 16/06/2007
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
Re: Great News
« Reply #1 on: November 24, 2007, 12:18:20 PM »
Hi Kim...I don't know the whole story, but what I read sounds great, so glad to hear that he's now in a loving environment.  What a wonderful early Christmas present for your family!
I'm broke and can't afford to pay attention, so you might have to lend me an ear.

Offline Esther

• Trade Count: (9)
  • Members
  • With us since: 05/01/2006
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 24, 2007, 02:25:04 PM »
What a wonderful Thanksgiving gift. I'm so glad it turned out so well. How old is the child? I heard about some movie star who gave birth to twins and she was 48. 

Offline tammie

• Trade Count: (20)
  • Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 24, 2007, 04:06:59 PM »
Finnally!  Guess the courts have to go slow, make sure they make the right (hopefully!) desition.  In this case the courts got it right! 
Aren't the father and mother still together?  Let's hope they don't "go forth and multiply" anymore!
Tammie

Offline Ky Kim

• Members
  • location: Louisville, Ky.....6 A/B ish, depends on which way the wind blows I think.
  • Kimberly
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 25, 2007, 12:34:06 AM »
Yes, they're still together.  You got that right Tammie, I hope they neither one have any more.  The Father doesn't need anymore.  Two, 2 1/2 weeks apart is enough and there just a couple months over a year old.  The Social workers told them if they have anymore, they will be taken as soon as they hav'em.

Kim

Offline happyoutsidegirl

• Members
  • Be An Organ Doner
  • With us since: 23/01/2007
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 25, 2007, 04:36:47 AM »
 @O@ Oh Kim that's great news and just in time to relax for the rest of the holidays.! TG it's over.
I'm just happier outside!
 Debbie
SunnyEastern Wa.
zone 5-6

Offline Mikey

• Trade Count: (4)
  • Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 25, 2007, 08:53:01 AM »
Great news indeed!  Thanks for sharing it with us.
American Ponders Watergardening
American Ponders Pond and Koi Forum

-Mike- Husband of one, father of two, friend of many-

Cypress, CA Z-10b  NWF Certified Backyard Wildlife Habitat #24958

Offline Jerry

• Trade Count: (7)
  • Members
  • "An analog guy trapped in a digital world."
    • View Profile
    • American Ponders!!!!!!!!!
« Reply #7 on: November 25, 2007, 08:54:30 AM »
Sometimes the courts get it right! O0
Jerry
Northridge, California  
Zone 10

"Any women that tries to be the equal of a man, lacks ambition!"

American Ponders Watergardening
American Ponders Pond and Koi Forum

Offline Cindi

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 25, 2007, 10:28:08 AM »
I've been following this and this is GREAT news!!!   @O@
Congrats! 
Cindi
Cedar Springs, MI , Zone 5

Offline Pa Nancy

• Members
  • With us since: 13/08/2006
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 25, 2007, 10:55:21 AM »
That is just WONDERFUL!!!  @O@ @O@ @O@ CONGRATS!!!

Offline maryvonne

• Trade Count: (2)
  • Members
  • With us since: 09/08/2006
    • View Profile
    • My photo albums
« Reply #10 on: November 25, 2007, 02:22:05 PM »
Glad to hear it too!
Maryvonne
Surrey B.C.
Canada

zone 7-8

Offline Esther

• Trade Count: (9)
  • Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 25, 2007, 02:26:24 PM »
It's too bad the courts can't take the final step of ordering the tieing of a knot in a couple of somethings.

Offline Ky Kim

• Members
  • Kimberly
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 25, 2007, 06:56:38 PM »
I agree with that Esther.  I think both should be fixed.  Spayed and Neuttered!  Yes, I know that's what you do to animals, but that's what they are to me.

kim

Offline Sandye

• Members
  • With us since: 17/03/2007
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 25, 2007, 11:25:55 PM »
That's wonderful news, Kim!!  @O@ I'm so happy for your sister and for the baby!   o(:-) o(:-)

Offline miguynmkoi

• Trade Count: (14)
  • Members
  • Smile!
  • With us since: 23/08/2006
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 27, 2007, 07:29:06 AM »
This IS great news Kim!  I'm glad the courts were wise enough to grant the baby a better life with your sister and family.  He is doubly blessed to have so much support from you.

o(:-)

Offline barb

• Trade Count: (1)
  • Members
  • Connecticut
  • With us since: 11/08/2006
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: November 27, 2007, 08:16:13 AM »
I'm glad it turned out well, it sounds like the birth parents are bad, bad, bad.

Offline Ky Kim

• Members
  • Kimberly
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 27, 2007, 12:55:49 PM »
I believe they are with all my heart.  I pulled up my nephews myspace.com and my mouth about dropped.  Saying how he's an athiest, he has the most beautiful woman in the world, and something about her being so good to him.  Then he talks about his son, being a gnarly MF'r.  I couldn't believe my eyes.  He'll meet his maker one day!  His job now is a tattoo artist, he has them all over his arms, legs, etc.  I'm not totally against tat's, I have none.  But his are extreme and evil looking.

Funny, how my sister raised him, and his sister (she's only 16).  She's an honor student, and in the nursing field at her high school.  She wants to be a NICU doctor.  Isn't it weird two children from the same household, choose such different paths. 

Kim

Offline mascot

• Members
  • With us since: 16/06/2007
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 27, 2007, 01:28:35 PM »
Isn't it weird two children from the same household, choose such different paths. 

allow me to tell you about my siblings...same parents, five different paths, in order by age...oldest to youngest
oldest: - always the jock, dad's favorite, got whatever he wanted.  smoked, smoked pot, a bit conceited.  married twice, two kids, now lives in New England, and doesn't care to talk to anyone but those whom he can benefit from (usually $$).  Last time he called my mother I answered and he asked "is your mother home".  Yeah, swell brother, eh?
me: - had to raise three younger siblings while a teen, didn't get my license until I was almost 17, borrowed family car once.  never did drugs, never smoked, ran away from home at 17, hitchhiked cross country, always self-sufficient, always employed, never married (no one likes me that much!  lol), very independent and although open about my past I hardly let anyone in close to me.  used to be angry about family, now I just don't care!  lol  good friends would do anything for me, but there are only a few.
brother: - into drugs, drinks heavily, severe anger issues, violent temper, can't maintain a job, gets in fights with co-workers, uses people for whatever he can get, married for money - divorced for cash (went through $65k in less than two years), one child, shares custody so he won't have to pay child support, always the victim, his friends trust me more than they trust him
youngest brother: - a real teddy bear when you meet him, but insecure at times, anger issues, destructive temper, never smoked, never did drugs, never drank alcohol, third marriage, one child, always broke, priorities out of whack when it comes to responsibilities. another victim, hates when people don't bend over backwards for him.
sister: - divorced, three kids, smokes, responsible but a little bit angry at times, has almost always been in the public servant profession: now a cop, was a paramedic, fireman, security guard at the Capitol building, etc.

We all have the same parents, and not to paint myself as such a great person, but I've become the black sheep by being low maintenance, independent and responsible.  Like mom once told me: the squeaky wheel gets the grease.

Father is a violent jerk, mother chose her boyfriend (boss) over her own kids when my parents divorced.  When you look up dysfunctional in the dictionary, they have our family tree as a reference.  lol
« Last Edit: November 27, 2007, 01:40:25 PM by Blind 'Too »
I'm broke and can't afford to pay attention, so you might have to lend me an ear.

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 
All photo's & content within copyright © 2006-2017 WorldWide WaterGardeners and it's membership "All Rights Reserved"