Author Topic: Finally getting a house  (Read 2934 times)

Offline Monica

• Trade Count: (1)
  • Members
  • With us since: 11/08/2006
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
Finally getting a house
« on: November 29, 2007, 07:26:56 PM »
We close on our loan tomorrow and they will start digging next week  @O@ @O@ @O@.  We are getting so excited. 

We choose to but our own lights and faucets.  Does anyone know where I can get them cheap?  There is a Kohler faucet I want but it is expensive.  Does anyone know where I can get a Kohler faucet cheap?
The irony of life is that, by the time you're old enough to know your way around, you're not going anywhere

Offline Mikey

• Trade Count: (4)
  • Members
  • With us since: 05/01/2006
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
Re: Finally getting a house
« Reply #1 on: November 30, 2007, 12:55:57 AM »
Congratulations on the house purchase.  Sorry I can't help out with finding a good buy on the faucets.
American Ponders Watergardening
American Ponders Pond and Koi Forum

-Mike- Husband of one, father of two, friend of many-

Cypress, CA Z-10b  NWF Certified Backyard Wildlife Habitat #24958

Offline Pa Nancy

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Members
  • With us since: 13/08/2006
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 30, 2007, 06:04:57 AM »
Congratulations that IS exciting. 

GOOD cheap faucets? I wished I knew. With them though you only get what you pay for. Just a  tip. Buy good ones.

GOOD LUCK!!!

Offline Johns

• Trade Count: (11)
  • Members
  • With us since: 10/08/2006
    • View Profile
    • Garden Endeavors
« Reply #3 on: November 30, 2007, 06:42:50 AM »
In 2002 I remodeled our kitchen.  I hate to say how much we spent, but doing all the labor myself I figure I saved $10K.  When it came to the sink spigot, we splurged on Kohler's  Antique single control faucet K-171-BN. Before tax cost: $619.95.  http://pdf.archiexpo.com/pdf/kohler/kitchen-catalogue-part-1/11475-10117-_28.html ,except we got the one with the spray.

I'm guessing it may be even more now.  I know, being a practical pig type, that it's insanity to spend the better part od $1,000 for a sink faucet, but life is short and that is the one the wife really wanted (She said "Don't buy it, it costs too much", but i'm a hopeless romantic.).

Offline tammie

• Trade Count: (20)
  • Members
  • With us since: 10/08/2006
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 30, 2007, 07:43:44 AM »
Congrats on the house!  For the faucet I'd try ebay.
Tammie

Offline MIKE M

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Members
  • With us since: 26/04/2007
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 30, 2007, 11:29:08 AM »
Are there any Habitat for Humanity Restores in your area. I have found some very nice items for a good price there.

Offline miguynmkoi

• Trade Count: (14)
  • Members
  • Smile!
  • With us since: 23/08/2006
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 30, 2007, 11:41:57 AM »
Congrats on your new home!  I'm sure you are real busy with all the work you need to do to start all over again.

Scour the internet and find deals on reputable dealers - cheapest price isn't always the best.  I'm glad to know you are spending more now on quality to save on replacing cheap materials, again, in the future.

Offline Esther

• Trade Count: (9)
  • Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 30, 2007, 04:21:34 PM »
Wow Monica, finally you can see the end of the tunnel, huh? So you want something cheaper than what? DH is a Master Plumber and says you are paying for a name only with Kohler. Sure there's some quality but not that much to warrent the prices. He likes Moen tub and shower stuff and he put Delta in our house.

Offline Monica

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 01, 2007, 09:20:08 AM »
The only reason I was looking at kohler is because the builder said buy delta, moen or kohler.  Whe we replace stuff in our old house we bought all moen.  But I like the looks of a kohler one.  Yesterday I found a delta one I like it is the allora.  I found one for $335, so I think I am going to order it.  I found some moen bath fixtures I like I just got ti find out how much they are.

My husband and I both agree that it is better to pay a little more and buy good stuff first so you don't have to fix or replace it soon.  I just didn't want to pay $600 for a faucet.
The irony of life is that, by the time you're old enough to know your way around, you're not going anywhere

Offline bunny56lbc

• Trade Count: (38)
  • Members
  • With us since: 06/09/2006
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 01, 2007, 10:41:34 AM »
We close on our loan tomorrow and they will start digging next week  @O@ @O@ @O@.  We are getting so excited. 

@O@ @O@ @O@ @O@ @O@ @O@ @O@ @O@
That's Great news ! So Happy for U !

bonnie

Offline barb

• Members
  • Connecticut
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 02, 2007, 07:13:14 AM »
Cool, congrats on the house!   O0

Offline tracey_shafer

• Trade Count: (12)
  • Members
  • With us since: 09/08/2006
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 02, 2007, 10:57:42 AM »
Smart to get good quility now, alot of our faucets and shower handles are breaking off now because the builder cut corners when my FIL was having this house built. He paided for the best, but the builder bought second rate & put the diffrence in his pocket.

Offline Monica

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 02, 2007, 01:09:19 PM »
Smart to get good quility now, alot of our faucets and shower handles are breaking off now because the builder cut corners when my FIL was having this house built. He paided for the best, but the builder bought second rate & put the diffrence in his pocket.
That's one reason i decided to buy them myself.  i know the use delta but I bet they are low quality and cheap.  I would rather pick them out myself and get the look I want anyway and pay a little more.

Offline Esther

• Trade Count: (9)
  • Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 02, 2007, 04:10:24 PM »
So where ya going to get your stuff? Sometimes the big box stores carry a lower quality fixture from what they carry at a plumbing supply place. Pete said that about the ones here in Grand Rapids. But you can't just go in a plumbing supply place either unless you run it through a builder/plumber. When Pete does a house, he has the people go in and order what they want and it gets run through his account.

Offline Monica

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 02, 2007, 07:05:01 PM »
For the kitchen I was looking at a place on the internet called faucetdirect.com.  I don't know about the others yet.  Is there a better place to go to get them?  Or someplace cheaper?

Offline miguynmkoi

• Members
  • Smile!
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: December 02, 2007, 07:20:24 PM »
I've purchase a kitchen faucet a few years ago from faucetdirect.com

Offline maryvonne

• Trade Count: (2)
  • Members
  • With us since: 09/08/2006
    • View Profile
    • My photo albums
« Reply #16 on: December 02, 2007, 08:18:43 PM »
Congratulations on your new house!
Maryvonne
Surrey B.C.
Canada

zone 7-8

Offline Monica

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 03, 2007, 05:26:37 AM »
I've purchase a kitchen faucet a few years ago from faucetdirect.com

Were you happy with them and the faucet?

Offline -Greg-

• Trade Count: (7)
  • Members
  • With us since: 27/09/2006
    • View Profile
    • Casa de Gunkel
« Reply #18 on: December 03, 2007, 06:28:04 AM »
We purchased our Franke faucet's along with some of kitchen appliances from the following website:

www.universal-akb.com

We were extremely happy with them. We also purchased our Grohe faucet from here:

www.efaucets.com

and were extremely happy as well, at the time both were offering no sales tax and free shipping.

Greg

Offline mascot

• Trade Count: (3)
  • Members
  • With us since: 16/06/2007
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 03, 2007, 08:09:46 AM »
They put Moen faucets in my house when they built it, and the valve in the shower faucet needed to be replaced in less than a year, so I wasn't happy with the quality of it.  The shower didn't get used that much since it's in the second bathroom, but still...less than a year? (I couldn't get hot water to pass through it).

I replaced the valve myself, it was about $35 and so far no issues.   I'll probably look at something else if I replace the other faucets because of that.
I'm broke and can't afford to pay attention, so you might have to lend me an ear.

Offline miguynmkoi

• Members
  • Smile!
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 03, 2007, 01:31:19 PM »
I bought a Grohe kitchen faucet from faucetdirect.com.  No problems at all with my order.  Everything was fine.  Hope that helps.

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 
All photo's & content within copyright © 2006-2017 WorldWide WaterGardeners and it's membership "All Rights Reserved"