Author Topic: Finally  (Read 1723 times)

Offline Monica

• Trade Count: (1)
  • Members
  • With us since: 11/08/2006
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
Finally
« on: December 13, 2007, 06:38:43 AM »
They finally dug the basement Tuesday, they were suppose to fram the footer (or whatever it was) Wednesday but didn't show up and today it is raining.  I guess it won't get poured this week.  Another week wasted and still no real progress  :'(.
The irony of life is that, by the time you're old enough to know your way around, you're not going anywhere

Offline Esther

• Trade Count: (9)
  • Members
  • With us since: 05/01/2006
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
Re: Finally
« Reply #1 on: December 13, 2007, 08:54:11 AM »
Now wait, digging a hole is progress. I know it isn't what you would like but they will get it done. Next year at this time this will all be an annoying memory.

Offline happyoutsidegirl

• Trade Count: (3)
  • Members
  • Be An Organ Doner
  • With us since: 23/01/2007
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 13, 2007, 07:59:30 PM »
Hang in there, it'll get there! Now how does that old catchup comercial go? :D
I'm just happier outside!
 Debbie
SunnyEastern Wa.
zone 5-6

Offline mascot

• Members
  • With us since: 16/06/2007
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 14, 2007, 06:46:10 AM »
When I put a deposit on this house, actually, on the property this house was to be built, it was January of 2003.  The land had been marked, but basically that was about it.  I was fortunate that my landlord was patient and happy for me, allowing me to move "whenever" instead of the requisite 30-day notice, because I was finally given the keys to the front door on November 14th!  ELEVEN months to build a tract home!  I'm sure yours won't take that long!  The subsequent four phases, however, were all finished within 18 months!

January 2003 - trenching about to start

September 2003 - 9 months and the roof wasn't even finished yet!
I'm broke and can't afford to pay attention, so you might have to lend me an ear.

Offline Brian

• Trade Count: (2)
  • Members
  • With us since: 17/08/2006
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 14, 2007, 08:27:08 AM »
Monica,
Look at it this way, you have a huge hole in the ground, an now that it's raining...look at it this way.  You have the start of a new pond until the construction resumes!!!!
Greenwood, Indiana Zone 5-6
"umop ap!sdn w,I aw dlaH"

American Ponders Watergardening
American Ponders Pond and Koi Forum

Offline miguynmkoi

• Trade Count: (14)
  • Members
  • Smile!
  • With us since: 23/08/2006
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 14, 2007, 09:19:25 AM »
Brian brings up a great point.  Have the construction people dig another hole for a pond  :D  They've got the machinery to do it easily.

But really don't fret (easy for me to say).  You'll be happy they took the time to do it right.

Offline Monica

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 17, 2007, 10:23:38 AM »
I just can't wait to see the actual house start to take shape and then it won't seem so bad.
The irony of life is that, by the time you're old enough to know your way around, you're not going anywhere

Offline Monica

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 04, 2008, 07:14:29 PM »
They finally poured the walls last week.  Then they started to take the wall forms off on Monday, only because our builders jumped them on Friday because they are moving so slow and holding up work, but they were gone by noon (which seems to be pretty normal for them).  They didn't work any other day this week till today and they finished taking the forms off and they are supposed to back fill Monday.  They said it would have been done by today but they haven't been working.  I wouldn't recomend them if you wanted to have something done in a timely manner because they don't work any overtime whats so ever they have only been here past 3:00 once.  I am glad they aren't building my house.  They started delivering floor joists and flooring on Monday.  I can't wait to her the sound of hammers in the morning.  It wouldn't be so frustrating if we weren't on a time table.  We only have so long in the trailer then we are homeless again.  Our builders know that and over 2 months of our 6 to maybe 9 months is already gone, so we are down to 4 to maybe 6 more months and we don't even have the first floor joist or post down.  They told us the basement would be done in a week and if has been over a month and we only have basement walls.  It is so frustrating when I look outside I just want to scream.  I am so glad I went back to work so I won't be home watching them.

Offline marla

• Trade Count: (13)
  • Members
  • With us since: 14/02/2007
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 04, 2008, 07:22:21 PM »
I know how you feel, we have built two homes.  I always say the next one is the cemetary then I won't care how long it takes to dig the hole.  Hang in there, once they get going the shell goes up fast and then it seems like all the inside work again takes forever.  Good luck.
Adopt the pace of nature;
Her secret is patience.
Town of Genesee, WI  zone 4

Offline happyoutsidegirl

• Members
  • Be An Organ Doner
  • With us since: 23/01/2007
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 05, 2008, 07:41:29 AM »
I know how you feel, we have built two homes.  I always say the next one is the cemetary then I won't care how long it takes to dig the hole.  Hang in there, once they get going the shell goes up fast and then it seems like all the inside work again takes forever.  Good luck.
lol Marla, that's a clasic lol
I'm just happier outside!
 Debbie
SunnyEastern Wa.
zone 5-6

Offline Bonnie

• Trade Count: (43)
  • Members
  • With us since: 09/08/2006
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 05, 2008, 11:25:37 AM »
Hang in there Monica.. this time of the year is a bad one when it comes to building. Hopefully the builder will work some OT to get your house complete, once it's under roof there's no weather delays.

Hugs,
Bonnie

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 
All photo's & content within copyright © 2006-2017 WorldWide WaterGardeners and it's membership "All Rights Reserved"